Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lazy Eye Edition Merr-Sonn Power 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n973muhmCe1rnpi4to1_1280.jpg

Image Source: Canon Merr-Sonn Power 5 heavy blaster pistol
Intent: The last gun you'll ever need.
Development Thread:
Mohc Extractives is a phrik mining/refining/casting company with a presence on four phrik-producing worlds. Acquisition here, here, here and here, additional phrik mining here.
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn (blaster mechanism), Mohc Extractives (phrik housing), Akure Executive Leatherworks (terentatek-horn grip)
Model: Lazy Eye Edition Power 5
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Standard blaster components, agrinium, phrik, black terentatek-horn grip
Description:
The Lazy Eye is a replica, licensed through Merr-Sonn, of the ancient Power 5 heavy blaster pistol. Its phrik housing is cast by Mohc Extractives, the galaxy's only phrik corporation. Solid phrik construction, high-powered blaster gas, and some alchemical touches make this heavy blaster pistol expensive, exclusive, and very good at what it does. The weapon is quite light for a blaster of its size, but still retains enough heft that it does not become unmanageable. Phrik construction keeps the blaster (though not its power packs) immune to most sources of damage or degradation. Likewise, its electronic components are carefully shielded with high-end insulators and an EMP-resistant agrinium inner casing. A Lazy Eye can get buried in a swamp for a year, dug up, rinsed off, loaded, and fired with perfect safety. Even the exposed cord on top is shielded by a semi-flexible phrik coating.

The alchemized terentatek-horn grip reduces the efficacy of Force-based attempts to interfere with, manipulate, or destroy the blaster. The grip's alchemy amplifies the terentatek's innate Force-resistant properties in the manner of Akure Executive Leatherworks' various terentatek-hide products. The alchemy does not make the grip's material lightsabre-resistant, though the phrik beneath the horn certainly is.

The Lazy Eye has the normal advantages and disadvantages of a heavy blaster pistol. Semi-automatic, with a relatively short range, it fires individual bolts that hit very hard indeed. A cautionary pulser in the handgrip informs the wielder that five shots are left.

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Status: As legal or restricted as any heavy blaster pistol, depending on galactic location.
Length: Identical to a Merr-Sonn Power 5 - around 30cm
Weight: Slightly lighter than a Merr-Sonn Power 5 - 1kg
Ammunition Type: Sig blaster gas/power pack
Ammunition Capacity: Identical to a Merr-Sonn Power 5 - 65 shots (power pack), 195 shots (gas canister)
Effective Range: Identical to a Merr-Sonn Power 5 - 50m optimum, 75m maximum
Other Features: Fully lightsabre-resistant, partially immune to Force manipulation

[member="Popo"] - I was kicking myself for forgetting to link the dev threads last night as I went to sleep. Added'em.

EDIT: Dropped to minor production. Also, realized I was in violation of the multiple-lightsabre-resistant-substances rule, and scaled back the alchemy on the terentatek-horn handle so that it no longer provided that benefit.

[member="Popo"] - That's based on the DL-44, of which the Power 5 is a derivative, which only gives the one number. I've always assumed that it took power pack/gas canister combo mags. That said, edited.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Rave Merrill"]
Yeah, I kinda figured lol I had to have you add it 'cause that's pretty much S.O.P. for what I do here in the Factory. Anyways, looks good and definitely a neat spin on a blaster pistol. Approved pending secondary.

[member="Rave Merrill"]

I was actually going to question whether phrik would even be useful as a material for blasters, but upon research, it appears it's not as brittle as I thought.

In any case, approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom