Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lady Saybin's Crabshell Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
A Picture? Hah, cute. None of them were really appropriate, so you'll have to Google search Witchblade on your own accord.
Intent: Personal armor, doing it Horde style!
Development Thread: Is canon tech
Manufacturer: Yuuhzan Vong
Model: Saybin Crabshell Armor
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: It's Vong armor, whatcha think?
Production: Unique
Material: Vonduun Crab Shell
Description: Ashelotte's Vong armor is typical of Vonduun Skerr Kyrric armor. The key difference is density. This armor is made much thinner than the typical armor, shaped so thin it is a blanket of malleable organic film. A few layers of this shell-like film pressed together grants flexibility and durability, while being conveniently light enough to symbiotically embed under the layers of skin. The armor, a living thing of its own, may live under the wearer's layers of skin and push these film carapaces over them when in action to better protect the host. The armor itself is undetectable in the Force and extremely difficult to notice when retracted, so much that it would take an expertly trained eye to notice anything different at all about the individual. The downsides of this mutation and shaping of Vong armor is that it can be moderately painful to switch in and out. The installation process itself if excruciatingly painful and can lead to shock, and being worn by anyone else poses them the risk of a full-scale allergic reaction under their skin which can potentially lead to death, varying from individual to individual. If the crab is not given ample room to breathe and stretch (by exposing it out of the skin) at least once a(n IC) day , it will eventually die and leave harmful remains in the wearer's skin. The only part of the armor that constantly stays visible are the carapaces for the gills under the pits of the arms.
History: Lady Ashelotte Saybin came across Vong armor when she used her status to offer herself as a proxy for surplus weapon and ship purchases to the Horde. Her endeavors included the securing of several different contracts for walkers, vehicles and drop pod carriers, as well as the illegal requisition of several capital ships of the former Mnenchei Dominion in mid-preparation for Republic cataloging; including one retrofitted XoXaan and nearly half a billion credits worth of chips and ingots. As part of the unformal agreement, the right to use Vonduun technology for her armor was granted. It came from the High Prophet's assigned Shapers and engineers.
>> Here is the link to all of the details of Vong armor <<
Classification: Anti-Blaster/Saber
Weight: 16.21kg
Quality: 4.5
Other Feature(s): Nothing typical Vong armor can't do, albiet weaker, and all the same weaknesses as typical Vong armor. Can retract into the skin which reduces protection but conceals the armor.

Do you have a thread or source of how Saybin came to access Vong tech?

Also, I'd like to see a (brief) list or description of what Vong armor can/can't do, only for informational purposes for those not knowledgeable of Vong technology.

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] Nope, I've been doing a few favors for the new Vong group and he pretty much said have it when I asked.

I posted a link to the wiki because I didn't want to plagiarize the page.

Was this permission given in IC circumstances?

Ultimately, what I'd like to see is simply something that shows how Ashelotte Saybin came to have Vong armor. Vong armor isn't that common, I mean it's not like a suit of stormtrooper armor, so I want to see how she got it. Even a blurb summarizing what she did for the Vong group placed in the description would suffice.

Again, please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

@[member="Ashelotte Saybin"]

Heh, well... I could always ask for one....!

But, I just wanted to know where the armor came from. As I said, it's not exactly common, you don't just go to Walmart and buy a suit of Vong armor. On the other hand, this isn't an alien thing to Star Wars, so I don't feel a dev thread is truly necessary.

Last thing, can you set the Quality as 4? I'd prefer a specific number instead of a range.

I've never done halves before, but it's cool. :) If someone is going to quibble about what 4.5 really means compared to 4 or 5, then he needs to reevaluate his reasons for RPing.

Approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom