Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech L.A.I.N.A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumi Snow

love, hope, and peace conquer all
20101007084612_2544279418.jpg
Image Source: Google Images, "Serena Halo"
Intent: An Artificial Intelligence guide to Lumi Snow to help her cope with her blindness
Development Thread: Here
Manufacturer: Lumi Snow and an unspecified unnamed army of unpaid interns
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Vong tech bio matter, computer parts
Strengths:
+Adaptable: as all other A.I. units, L.A.I.N.A. is designed to learn and adapt to her situations, replacing old, out dated data in her matrices with better, more informed solutions and data.
+Faraday cage: This, with the organic nature of L.A.I.N.A’s composition, means that she is EMP proof, and able to withstand some of the nastiest Ion blasts while maintaining minimal damage.
Weaknesses:
--Servant at heart: An intentional design flaw that in a way is a plus, L.A.I.N.A. is designed to serve, this is unchangeable. She as something of an emotional need (if A.I. had them) to serve a master.
--Nutrient compound: while the biotech nature of L.A.I.N.A. makes her quite capable and well made, it requires vials of specially concocted serum to keep it alive. This concoction is incredibly delicate, much like biology and consists of hormones, vitamins, minerals, glucose, and amino acids. Not only is this a surgically precise mixture, but it must be changed out every six hours or the bio matter within begins to die.
Description:
L.A.I.N.A. was designed as a project funded by the Dal’Bor University on Soceras. While it is unknown who the shadowy benefactor was that funded it, [member="James Justice"] was the one who ultimately handed over the money required for it ((Note that this is James Justice’s writer)) so that his own scholars could learn more about computers and their intricate programing.
Lumi, one of the brightest minds in the galaxy was contacted for this purpose. She began to create this Artificial Intelligence with the intent to help people, blind people such as herself. While parts of the information gathered from this test AI can be used to help the blind, due to the massive amounts of cost and its delicate nature, it is currently unrealistic for most people to use something of its advanced nature.
However, this program is designed to work with computers, aid in visual input, and to pilot a variety of vessels ranging from speeders to space faring vessels, as well as to learn and assist its blind user in any possible way to overcome their lack of sight. Most of the data that L.A.I.N.A gives Lumi will be via an implant on Lumi’s ocular nerve, she also is able to wireless connect to vibration sensors on the woman’s body to give tactile warnings.
L.A.I.N.A. utilizes a series of visual, ocular, and motion sensors to give the most possible assistance it can render. Through WiFi connections, GPS systems, and the HoloNet, this program is able to obtain further information if requested.
When required to appear to other beings, LA.I.N.A presents herself as a long haired female wearing a well-groomed businesslike loose-fitting blouse. Her voice is cool, and calm, though highly elegant. Thanks to her advanced linguistics matrix, L.A.I.N.A is able to communicate in multitude of languages.
Primary Source: None

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Lumi Snow"], thread content looks pretty good. As silly as this may seem, any development thread has to be at least 10 posts long before I can count it. That being said, your word count for this is solid.

As for the submission itself, are you planning on LAINA flying things? I don't see it in the submission itself, though I did see it in the development thread. Otherwise, this looks pretty good.

As a sidenote (and you definitely don't have to use this), you might find the Duros bio-Comp 1000 to be somewhat interesting.

Lumi Snow

love, hope, and peace conquer all
[member="Gir Quee"]

Thanks. :) I will be sure to use that in my next sub for sure.

I made alterations stating that this AI can pilot in the sub under the description.

For the dev thread I broke the info up into several posts so it met the number Requirement, I hope that is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom