Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kyberus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
Kyberus

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Populate Nalrobi with some non-sentient creatures, and possibly use as a mount for some NPCs
  • ​Image Credit: The Orphan Beast by Gorrem on Deviantart.com
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: Nalrobi
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Kyberus
  • Designation: Non-sentient
  • Homeworld: Nalrobi
  • Language: N/A
  • Average Lifespan: 70
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: A true predator, the Kyberus is an interesting looking creature due to Nalrobi's dynamic environment. It flaunts thick scales along with a long mane of fur. It has large powerful claws. It has five eyes, and curved teeth meant for snagging prey.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average height of adults: 2 m
  • Average length of adults: 6 m
  • Skin color: Brown, tan
  • Hair color: Red, brown, black
  • Distinctions: The Kyberus is a large powerful animal. It has five eyes. The fifth eye at the top of the face sees infrared wavelengths allowing them in hunt in total darkness. It has fur and scales, having traits of both mammals and reptiles. The males and females have no notable differences. The desert Kyberus has no mane, and tougher scales. The young's fifth eye does not emerge until it's fully mature.
  • Races: Desert and Jungle
  • Strengths:
  • +The Kyberus fifth eye allows them see infrared wavelengths and hunt in complete darkness.
  • +The Kyberus can regulate it's body temperature within a wide range. They can survive extreme cold, and extreme heat.
  • Weaknesses:
  • -Fire makes it difficult for the Kyberus to see as it isn't able to close it's eyes and it hides heat signatures.
  • -It takes a lot of meat to keep it alive, being so large.
CULTURE
  • Diet: It eats any meat, but all mushrooms and fungi are toxic
  • Communication: Communicate mostly through body language
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: They take three years to fully mature. For the first year both parents take care of them and teach them to hunt before they go off on their own. They are born in litters of 3 but before they are allowed to leave the parents, after just one year, the three adolescents fight to the death and the winner eats their siblings. They use powerful pheromones to track each other during mating season, which can be extracted and used to hunt/capture Kyberus. They are generally hostile to other creatures. They hunt night and day and never sleep.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Kyberus genetic ancestors lived underground, digging extensive tunnels and large caverns. After being pushed above ground, by a larger subterranean species they grew their notable manes and large tails. The extreme seasons of Nalrobi made them very adaptable to varying climates. A prized species that fetches a good amount of credits in the Badlands Black Market

[member="Komoda"]

Can I have you put the strengths and weaknesses in a list format please?

That said I am a little confused by the first weakness. Why would it be unable to close its eyes? That sounds like a creature that would end up *blind*.

Also, what do you mean by excellent homeostasis? It's balance of bodily functions? How balanced it interacts with its external environment? Or are you using it as shorthand for something else?

Komoda

Gris King of Badlands
Yea sorry that one was worded a bit confusing. They have no eyelids like a snake so closing it's just isn't a thing it does. Granted snakes have something similar to an eyelid that they use for sleeping, but since the Kyberus never evolved a sleep cycle it doesn't have this either. That isn't the main weakness though i was just pointing out that's not an option when there is fire.

ho·me·o·sta·sis

ˌhōmēəˈstāsəs/

noun

1. the tendency toward a relatively stable equilibrium between interdependent elements, especially as maintained by physiological processes.

It is good at regulating it's body temperature within a large range of temperatures.

[member="Irajah Ven"]

[member="Komoda"]

I know what homeostasis is yes, but there were a wide number of ways you could be using it.

I still need you to change these to a list format, and make the body temperature one specifically about temperature then if that is what you mean, since homeostasis does not mean *only* temperature.

[member="Komoda"]

Thank you.

My main issue right now is this:

Its large powerful claws are capable of shredding through most standard armor.
This belongs in strengths for *certain*. If you want it to be able to cut through standard armor you will also need to include a significant combat oriented weakness. So either remove this ability, or add it to strengths and add a significant combat weakness, your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom