Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle KV-03 "Intruz" Stealth Dropship

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtbyEmb.png

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer: Kiribian Systems Armory[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model: KV-03 Intruz[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation: Private Market[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production: Limited[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material: Common Materials[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Classification: Airspeeder[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Role: Stealth Dropship[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Length: 10m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Width: 3.0m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Height: 2.5m[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weight: 4,500 kg[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Minimum Crew: 0 (Droid Brain)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Optimal Crew: 1[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Propulsion: Repulsorlift,[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Speed: High[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Maneuverability: High[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Armament: Very Low[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]1x Casper APS Module[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]1x Turreted Blaster Cannon, Ventral Mounted[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Defenses: Very High[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Ion/EMP Resistance[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Electronic Protection[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Cyber Protection[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Squadron Count: 8[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Passenger Capacity: 4+[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Cargo Capacity: 1500-3000kg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Powerplant/Propulsion[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Cryogenic Fuel Cell[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Repulsorlifts[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Inertial Compensators[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Comms/Sensors[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Standard Sensor Suite, including: [/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Avionics[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Miscellaneous[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Life Support[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Modular Cargo Bay[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Other standard dropship things not explicitly listed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]A low profile makes the Intruz very hard to detect by enemy sensors.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]A field disruptor allows the Intruz to pass through static shields (e.g. planetary shields). [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]High resistance to ion attacks and EMPs.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Forward shields are momentarily disabled during the use of the field disruptor. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]The armor is fairly thin, meant to only withstand small arms fire and debris. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weak [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]armaments are only meant for self-defense[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] and limited fire support against infantry and other light targets.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Can only operate within gravity wells.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]No Hyperdrive/FTL Capabilities.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Description:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The Intruz (“intruder”) is a specialized dropship designed for stealthy insertions and extractions of personnel and equipment in and out of denied areas. It was created in response to increasingly thorough custom inspections across the galaxy, making the smuggling of contraband much more difficult. The Intruz allows operators to simply bypass the inspections process altogether. Being fairly small vehicles, they can be easily stored within large cargo holds or attached to hulls, then dropped into a location while the vessel passes through the area. Operators can then use the shuttle to escape back to orbit for retrieval.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The default cargo configuration allows for a four-man fire team (can be more depending on the size of the occupant, like say an [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Apokka[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]) and 1,500kg worth of equipment. The passenger spaces can be removed to double the cargo capacity to 3,000kg. [/SIZE]

Arisa Yune said:
The cloaking system must be disengaged before the host vehicle may travel through hyperspace, or risk destruction as the cloaking system becomes unstable.

By nature a shuttle shouldn't have hyperspace. If so, this belongs in the spaceship forum. If you'd like to keep the hyperspace capabilities we'll have to move this there.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

When I wrote that, I was thinking of a shuttle in an IRL sense. I changed the classification to drop ship to allay any confusion about the purpose and capabilities of this craft. It's very much in the vein of the USN SEAL's SDV.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Thank you. I am wondering how the droid brain would pilot this thing when cloaked? Sensors and things won't work, which the droid brain would rely on heavily. I can't see that working....unless I am missing a clause that the droid brain only works uncloaked?

Also, take a look at weakness #2 and the last one, they contradict.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

When the cloak is engaged, the craft relies on its inertial guidance system to maintain its course (for a pre-plotted coordinates). So you're right, the droid brain is useless for guidance when the cloak is engaged. Should I list that as a weakness?

The second weakness is in reference to the host craft/mothership carrying an Intruz, not the vehicle itself.

Particularly rare or powerful special features may necessitate using a lower production (for example, cloaking technology, gemcutters, crystal grav traps, equivalent stealth or anti stealth technologies, or rare canon technologies and their equivalents will only be permitted at Semi Unique production)
Please reduce the production.

[member="Raziel"] This applies even to a hibridium based cloak, which is greatly inferior to the stygium variant? From the weakness I listed, when the cloak is engaged, the craft is almost incapable of doing anything outside of following pre-plotted coordinates. If this is not enough for balance, then I'll just remove the cloak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom