Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt's Own Planet Express

"Yeah, yeah! You've said it a thousand and sixty-one times before," her brown boots slammed on the desk, causing the various items to shake upon impact.

A humanoid male rapidly turned to face the noise, the veins on his forehead engorged and looked as if they were about to pop. "A thousand and sixty-two times. Feet. Off. The. Table," he growled, revealing a sharp set of chompers. "And I told you before, I don't do deliveries, I accept them!" Before he could go back to business, he spun back before realizing the desk she hadn't taken her feet off.

Kail let out a soft sigh, sinking further into the chair until her feet blocked all view of her golden-haired head. "I was about to pay triple the usual fee," she sung the words with a smirk.

"There is not karkin' fee! Why would I 'ave a fee!? For the last karking time I don't even deliver!"

"I'd say," the Jedi padawan rose from her seat, nearly tipping it back in the process as her leg got stuck about halfway after press it down into the ground. Graceful wasn't exactly a word used to describe Kail Myn. Hotheaded? No, ballsy? No. Poor-mannered? Yes, definitely.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kail Myn"]

To be fair, not many people in the galaxy delivered much of anything.

One person that did though was Kurt Meyer.

He did the delivering for a large conglomerate corporation, a firm that by all accounts could likely hire robots to do his job. Still, they, for some odd reason, decided to keep Kurt employed instead. He didn't mind of course, the job paid well enough and it took him to see interesting places. That was one of the reasons why he took it in the first place, it gave him a ship, free fuel, and a license to go to more worlds than he could even count. Kurt had visited Coruscant, Muunilist, Kashyyyk, and even Hoth once.

Kurt had been all over, and now, he was here.

A package was tucked beneath his arm and a small whistle escaped his lips as he wandered into the same office as Kail Myn. He looked around for a moment, spotting the secretary sitting at her corner desk. She was a small thing, slim really, human and quite easy on the eyes. Kurt smiled and slowly meandered his way towards her.

The depot she was in is where local companies came to pick up off-world deliveries, and finding someone to deliver a valuable, yet very personal, object was of the utmost importance.

Before she began to walk out of the office, her eye caught a stranger carrying what was unmistakably a package. "Hey, you!" She tried to get his attention with her outside voice. It didn't take a genius to put the two together, he was delivering a package. Although he didn't really look much like a courier, he seemed to young and interesting to be a mundane deliveryman.

In some ways, Kail wondered if perhaps he was an imposter, her mind had a tendency to jump from theory-to-theory without even considering the craziness of those thoughts.

"No yellin' in my office," the man from earlier seemed just as unhappy as usual.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kail Myn"]

The box slid onto the counter just as he heard a call.

His head half turned, moving towards the voice that had reached out to him. His eyebrow quirked up, his lips thinning slightly. Most of the time he didn't like being addressed as "Hey you" nor did he really take to yelling, but beautiful women were a weakness of him. So instead of letting out a string of curses and a few words of encouragement, Kurt simply shifted his gaze and spoke.

"Yes?" There wasn't really more to say.

He clearly was the object of attention, not the secretary that sat behind the desk in front of him, her name was clearly labeled by the small metal plague that she kept on the side of the desk.

For a moment Kail was lost with words. Part of her honestly didn't expect him to turn his attention so rapidly, or in such a casual manner. That also made her question why she said 'hey you' in the first place, but bad manners aside she finally had his eyes and ears. "So... Are you delivering that package?" She clasped her hands together behind her back, fingers interlocking.

Then the padawan took two awkwardly small steps closer glancing between him, the secretary, and the owner who was wondering why Kail was still there.

She might've seemed a little funny, quite odd, and possibly unwell; but Kail was a person just as anyone else. She had her ups, and her downs... Everything in between. For today her eccentric behavior reigned supreme, which in this case seemed to be working out surprisingly well for her thus far.

That was a first.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kail Myn"]

Kurt turned to the woman fully, the box staying on the counter.

"This?" He jerked his thumb towards the brown package. "No no."

His voice remained entirely calm and steady, his expression never changed save for the slight smile that played across his lips. There was a relaxation to his posture, the way he stood giving off no indication that he was nervous or in anyway doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing. Yet the look on his face made it seem as if he were. Mischief played across his features. "I just love carrying around brown packages."

The secretary behind him let out a chuckle.

Kurt half turned to her and gave the woman a wink, his smirk stretching wider across his lips even with the silliness of the joke,

The man's jest caused Kail's face to flush, her hand balled to form a fist.

Exhale.

She did so through her nose. The padawan took it almost personally, even though it was only a joke. One thing she absolutely hated was being made a fool of... Because she often did do foolish things, and deep down she knew that much. "Well," her face went from pink to pale then back to the normal warmth of her skin tone. A hand net up to brush a golden lock of hair away from her eye and back behind the ear.

"I know this is rather sudden, but I am in -need- of a... Delivery service." Was that the right word? She didn't even know. "Important stuff, and I can pay," her hope was riding on the promise of pay, even though she had little wealth to her name.

Kail tried to maintain eye contact but found herself looking behind him rather than directly at him.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom