Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kurt's MP3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
5WLzGfj.jpg
Image Source: In the pic
Intent: To create a piece of tech that Kurt carries around
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Arceneau Trade Company
Model: Konect-Audio Playback Device
Affiliation: Kurt Meyer
Modularity: Minor
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Rubber
Description:
This small device for all intense and purposes is simply a personal music player.

The Konect, as the product was originally called when it was released by Arceneau Trade Company, was simply meant as a way for workers on Tatooine to listen to Music, audio books, and other audio files. The Konect in its original form was a small device, it has no holo-interface touch and instead uses analogue buttons. This was done to save on battery life.

The display of the Konect is a simple single line holo-image pop-up that displays the name of the file that is currently being played. Other than this, the entire device is entirely analogue, also containing a long range holo-communicator. It has an on/off button, play, stop, and of course volume adjustment. The device itself has a small speaker on it, though it is usually used with a wireless pair of earbuds that came standard with the device. The device also comes with an adjustable metal band that snaps tightly around the users arm and or leg.

The device is capable of an immense amount of storage when it comes to audio files. The model with the largest storage capacity was capable of storing nearly ten terabytes of data, enough for millions of songs when properly compresses.

All in all, the device was simple and relatively inexpensive, meant for the average Tatooine resident.

Because the device was released nearly fifty years ago there aren't many of them left in this galaxy. Kurt is probably one of the few people that still owns one, much less still owns a working one. The device belonged to his father who bought it brand new when it was first released. Of course his father eventually left the device in a drawer where it was eventually found by Kurt himself at the age of 15.

Kurt repaired the device, fixing it and taking a liking to the music player. Since then, for nearly seven years he's filled it with untold amounts of music.

The device contains such songs as '500 Parsecs', 'Bith's Just Wanna Have Fun', 'Small Town Tatooine Girl'(favorite), 'Twi'el Girls Are Easy', 'Sweet Youngling o' Mine', 'Summer of 469', 'Everybody Wants To Rule the 'Verse', 'Our Ship In the Middle of the Hyperlane', 'Ryloth End Girls', 'Total Eclipse of my Sun', 'Where the Hyperlanes Have No Names', 'Eye of the Nexu', 'Sith Zone', 'When Mynocks Cry', 'Hotel Zeltros', 'Stairway to 500 Republica', 'Pour Some Spark Bee Honey On Me', 'I'm Hooked on an Empath', 'What a Wonderful Galaxy', and many more.

Kurt is rarely seen without the device, it means a great deal to him and more often then not he's listening to some type of music during his travels, a pair of wireless earbuds sitting in place even when he's with company.

Primary Source: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom