Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kulan Blade Mark I

Darth Atrox

D
saber%20request_zpsruyd8iop.png

Image Source: Google Images, via 'Katana Lightsaber'
Intent: A katana like lightsaber for Darth Tauros.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Darth Tauros
Model: Mark 1 Kulan Blade. (non-canon)
Affiliation: One Sith, Darth Tauros
Modularity: Only the Lightsaber crystal inside can be modified, via the base of the hilt. An extremely difficult task for anybody. Tauros aims to be able to attach the shorter variant and the Mark 1 together in some way in the near future, but that would be at least a year away from being completed.
Production: Unique.
Material: The formula of metals forged together was lost so that this unique blade could not be replicated.
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: Two Handed
Length: 160cm, hilt = 20cm, blade = 140cm
Weight: 3kg
Special Features:
  • Basically a lightsaber, just more versatile and easier to handle.
  • Is half the thickness of a lightsaber, yet can resist all the same attacks with just as or even less effort as the saber.
  • The Kulan Blade cannot be ignited underwater, but can be used in the rain or when the blade is submerged, as long as the hilt is not fully submerged.
  • It make only a slight hissing sound when ignited, as opposed to the loud buzz of a normal lightsaber. They also make no noise when being wielded, excluding the occasional swish as it slices the air.
Description:
Strengths of the Kulan Blade:

• Incredibly agile.
  • A lightsaber, but half the weight and thickness!
  • Resistant to most damage.
  • Can be ignited with very little sound.
  • Perfect for when you do not want to be heard, or seen!
Weaknesses of the Kulan Blade:

• Cannot be used when fully submerged; thus the user would have to temporarily swap it if visiting Aquatic worlds, i.e. Kamino, Mon Calamari, Glee Anslem.
  • It can be a little glitchy, being the only one in existence, i.e. it could make a very loud bang when being ignited or other things like that.
  • The length of it could be problematic.
  • It is (to my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong) the only blade of this design in existence, so it could be perceived as incredibly valuable to Bounty Hunters.
  • Best used with two hands, yet with the dagger it may only be used most often with one hand.
  • The weapon gets stronger the more attuned with the Force the user is, and can only be used by Force Users - it wouldn't ignite for a bounty hunter, for example.

Darth Tauros said:
Material: The formula of metals forged together was lost so that this unique blade could not be replicated.
All materials must be listed in the factory.

Darth Tauros said:
A lightsaber, but half the weight and thickness!
The blade of a lightsaber is weightless, but if you are referring to the weight of the hilt you are carrying, a normal lightsaber is 1kg, which would put this at .5 kg, and you have it listed as 3kg.

Darth Tauros said:
It make only a slight hissing sound when ignited, as opposed to the loud buzz of a normal lightsaber. They also make no noise when being wielded, excluding the occasional swish as it slices the air.
Could you explain how this is the case?

Darth Tauros said:
The weapon gets stronger the more attuned with the Force the user is, and can only be used by Force Users - it wouldn't ignite for a bounty hunter, for example.
The first part needs to be removed, this would be a free ticket to theoretically unlimited power in the hands of a master force user. I need you to explain how it is only usable by those who wield the force, as lightsabers are not restricted to force users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom