Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech KTEC 20GX Carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
7QdTRlU.jpg

Image Source: Modded Vector .45 ACP, Tom Clancy's The Division

Intent: A personal slugthrower carbine for Sarah Allure, and any other character that would like it.

Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: KTEC Arms and Armor
Model: 20GX Slugthrower Carbine
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: Interchangeable optics, handgrip, stock, and optional suppressor
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, plasteel, slugthrower components, non-reflective paint
Classification: Slugthrower
Size: Handheld
Length: 620 mm
Weight: 2.7 kg
Ammunition Type: Bullets
Ammunition Capacity: Comes standard with 15 round magazine, with separately purchasable extended mags that cap at 39 rounds.
Effective Range: 50 meters
Rate of Fire: Fully automatic, 1200 RPM (Rounds Per Minute); can be switched to semi-automatic or 2 round burst
Special Features: Fully automatic, slugthrower, ability to be suppressed, fire select switch, customizability of attachment rails
Strengths:
1, The option to select different rates of fire
2, Can be suppressed
3, Customizeable attachments to suit your needs
Weaknesses:
1, Carbine
2, Small magazine size
3, Potentially outlawed in civilian areas(?)
Description: The KTEC 20GX Slugthrower Carbine was created for front line combat. Most effective against lightly armored or unarmored individuals, the .45 caliber slugs are better for stopping than penetrating. While this may be a setback when fighting heavily armored opponents, the fully automatic option allows you to propel a maximum of 39 metal slugs traveling with a muzzle velocity of about 373 m/s which is more than likely enough to knock them over. Light, powerful, and able to be suppressed, the 20GX Carbine is a perfect tool for scouts, reconnaisance teams, and the like. It's composition is very durable, and if well kept this carbine could last forever.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Welcome to the Factory, Killtec. I will be assisting you with this submission.

Killtec said:
Manufacturer: KTEC Arms and Armor

I'll admit that when I first glanced over this, that I read it as Kel-tec. Is KTEC a company that you intend to roleplay with or own?

Killtec said:
Strengths: 1, The option to select different rates of fire 2, Can be suppressed 3, Customizeable attachments to suit your needs 4, Slugthrower Weaknesses: 1, Carbine 2, Small magazine size 3, Potentially outlawed in civilian areas(?) 4, Slugthrower
You can probably remove "slugthrower" from both the strength's and weaknesses. I'd agree that slugthrowers bring with them their own characteristics that can be both advantageous and disadvantageous in certain circumstances compared to the standard star wars blasters. When we're talking about a broad trait or class, if it is a roughly equal mix of advantages and disadvantages, it generally won't be listed here. However, if you want to list specific strengths (easy to silence) and weaknesses (recoil) that come from that class (ex. slugthrower).

Otherwise, this looks pretty solid.

Gir Quee said:
Welcome to the Factory, Killtec. I will be assisting you with this submission.

I'll admit that when I first glanced over this, that I read it as Kel-tec. Is KTEC a company that you intend to roleplay with or own?

You can probably remove "slugthrower" from both the strength's and weaknesses. I'd agree that slugthrowers bring with them their own characteristics that can be both advantageous and disadvantageous in certain circumstances compared to the standard star wars blasters. When we're talking about a broad trait or class, if it is a roughly equal mix of advantages and disadvantages, it generally won't be listed here. However, if you want to list specific strengths (easy to silence) and weaknesses (recoil) that come from that class (ex. slugthrower).

Otherwise, this looks pretty solid.
KTEC is just the shortened version of my username, I just plan on using it as the company name for any tech that I create. It's just another generic company that makes guns and armor. Also, it'll have no influence IC; strictly a name to make tech under OOC.

I'll remove "slugthrower" from strengths and weaknesses as well. Thanks for the tips!

[member="Killtec"], I'd recommend creating your company in this forum by using the template found here then.

Once that's done, we can link the Manfacturer heading in this submission to your company link, and I can pass it on up for approval.

[member="Gir Quee"] I created the company and am now waiting for approval, but I've linked it in the 'Manufacturer' section of the template in this submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom