Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kraujasisqa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Grimoire

D
KRAUJASISQA
BLOOD GAUNTS OF KRAYISS II

IMAG0921_zpshvksqvmp.jpg

IMAGE CREDIT: Vargheist - Warhammer Fantasy

Name: Kraujasisqa (Sith Trans Basic: Blood Gaunt)
Designation: Non-sentient
Homeworld: Krayiss II
Language: N/A
Average Lifespan: Hundreds of Years
Estimated Population: Only found on Krayiss II (mainly near the Sith Library Ruins and areas adjacent to it)

Average height of adults: 11 Feet (Crawling on all Fours), 19 Feet (Standing on Hind Legs)
Average length of adults: N/A
Skin color: Pale White, Grey
Hair color: Crimson Red, Black
Distinctions: Large primate-like bats with enormous red tinged membranous bat wings

Breathes: Type I and Type II
Strengths:
+ Force Hunters: Kraujasisqa's are naturally blind, but, as a result of their creation by Sith Sorcerers during the golden age of the Sith Library Complex on Krayiss II, they compensate by using the Force to detect prey through a type of Force Energy Echolocation (similar to Force Sense). This has caused them to become acutely aware of the level of Force Sensitivity in prey. In addition, this allows them to unleash Force Shouts that can knock over anything that isn't braced, whether object or being.

+ Swift as Shadows: Kraujasisqa's are fast and agile beasts in the air, able to turn and dive on a dime.

Weaknesses:
> Blind As A Bat: Even though they can use a Force Energy Echolocation Technique, their range is short and isn't necessarily always on.

> Kill It With FIRE!: Along with weakness to most conventional weapons, for a quick kill, Kraujasisqa's are especially weak to incendiary weapons.

Races: N/A

Diet: Carnivore
Communication: Force Telepathy (only between each other, some Force Sensitives can try and hear them but, the telepathic communication is an indecipherable collection of shrieks and shrill hisses)
Culture: Matriarchal Hunting Pack Culture
Technology level: None
General behavior:
Kraujasisqa's travel in hunting packs. With often one sent out in advance as recon and the other sent has carollers guiding their prey to the alpha-female to be killed. They are fiercely devoted to their pack. Females rule a pack. However, a force user can tame them and in some instances if they subdue the alpha-female they can in themselves become the alpha-female of the pack.

History:
Long ago, when Krayiss II was home to a thriving Sith Scholar complex and library, it became a was a place of meditation and study for Sith sorcerers. During this time a set of Sith Sorcerers studied the arts of mutation and life-creation; and in this venture mutated the local reptavian species and created the Kraujasisqa to protect their works in the deep archive catacombs of the library. As such they became products of the Dark Side and are finely acute to the sensing of Darksiders. For centuries they dwelled in their deep caverns and caves, only to be disturbed by the odd foolish adventurer. When the Sith Order arrived after its successful rebellion against the Silver Jedi they were once more disturbed, but, some slowly became subservient to the darksiders that lurked their lands.

In the Sith Domain of Templestone, which itself is within sight from the ruins of the Sith Library, an entire pack nests as the very top of the Lord's Tower at the center of the fortified city. One of which named Yarmis, is an alpha-female of the pack and is the personal beast of Sith Grimoire. (NPC sub to be added later).

Notable Player-Characters: N/A

Intent: To create a legacy to the canon Sith Library that is on Krayiss II and to create spoopy monsters that haunt its ruins. Also to create a flying monster to add to the continuing aesthetic that is being developed in Grimoire's Sith Domain Templestone.

[member="Grimoire"]

Nice to see you again, Hiss Hiss :) But alas, to business!

First thing that pops out at me is that they are resistant to blaster fire, but vulnerable to high-temperature incendiary weapons - plasma bolts fired from a blaster are likely higher in temperature than any flame, and thus more likely to cause damage. Perhaps it might be worth changing that to 'persistent incendiary weapons', something which continues burning beyond the point of contact. That would make it consistent.

Keeping well hidden would not hide you from their senses, from what you've explained: surely they would detect your presence in the Force? Does this echolocation of theirs have to be activated (i.e. do they have to scream/make a sound for it to function), or as with Force Sense, it is always 'on'?

Finally, just as a point of reference, were they created by using Sorcery to mutate an existing creature? If so, what? To create it out of nothing would strike me as overpowered, but if it's a mutation of another lifeform, that would perfectly acceptable.

So, just a few minor edits, please, and I'll pass this forward for secondary review and approval. Nice seeing you in the Codex (and the site!) once again.

[member="Grimoire"]

Do you still wish for this submission to go forward? I've not heard anything from you in a while (which is perfectly fine - take as long as you need!). Just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten about it! Let me know if you're happy to continue, and if/when you manage to make any edits or clarifications.

Thanks a lot :)

Darth Grimoire

D
[member="Tirdarius"]

Sorry about that, got side tracked.

I have added all your edits, please have a look. :)

Large winged alchemized beasts that use Force Sense with a thick, blaster-resistant hide.

I would like to see either one more solid weakness added OR a 25 post dev thread for these guys.

[member="Grimoire"]

Darth Grimoire

D
[member="Silencia"]

I have removed the Thick Hide advantage and replaced it with Swift as Shadows, which just means they are fast in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom