Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kral'ın Montaj

Status
Not open for further replies.
kVW3wVK.jpg
vjjNYeR.jpg
Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugh1DbMyGCc (Only link I could find for second image)
http://andrewryanart.deviantart.com/art/Lion-Tamer-summer-practice-248574668(First image)
Name: Kral'ın Montaj
Designation: Semi-Sentient
Homeworld: Panatha
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Panatha
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/53141-panatha/?hl=panatha
Language: No verbal languages, but can communicate via emotions projected to those around them telepathically. This means the actions of a Kral'ın Montaj could physically be the same, but mean different things based on their emotion. For instance, the difference between playing rough and fighting.
Average height of adults: 1.5m
Skin color: Pink
Hair color:

• Brown

• Gold

• Black (Rare)

• White (Rare)

• Stripped (Extremely Rare)
Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:

• Strength: The Kral'ın Montaj are very large, and strong. Their strength matches that of a modern day horse, yet with much better balance, and the ability to give powerful strikes with their paws, and massive clamps with their jaws. Depending on the size of the beast, their speed varies, but not many would be able to outrun a fit human, due to shorter legs.

• The Force: Kral'ın Montaj have a mild sensitivity to the Force, and it is their main form of communication. They cannot move objects or invade the minds of others, simple shoot off waves of emotion to ‘speak.’

• Binding: Native Epicants on Panatha have been known to create bonds with certain Kral'ın Montaj, the most notable ones being the royal Zambrano family. Those which have Epicant Bonds are often those with the rarest furs, as the planet’s people see it as a sign. The Bond between a Kral'ın Montaj and its human is strong, and gives the creature an ally to help them survive.
Weaknesses:

• Size: Proportions of the Kral'ın Montaj are rather odd, most of their height being in their torso, their legs only adding up to about 1/3rd of their total height. This slows them down when running, not to mention they are almost entirely muscle, which is dense and heavy. The fastest speed recorded for them is 13 km/hour

• Hunger: Kral'ın Montaj need to eat close to three times their body weight per day to maintain a healthy body and metabolism. Anything less and they will be cranky, and will even attack their own Bond if hungry enough. If the creature decides to eat its Bond, it often has just lost a source of food. However, wild ones who still cannot find food will still suffer the same affects. First, their hair begins to fall off, as their body can no longer support its growth. The growth of their claws and teeth are also stunted, and in some cases have been known to rot and decay. Lastly, if the beast has still not found food, it will die.

• Claws and teeth: While most would consider long claws and teeth an advantage, they grow extremely fast on Kral'ın Montaj. The species has to keep them short by scratching and gnawing on things. Wild Kral'ın Montaj have even been seen scratching and biting boulders. It’s not unheard of for a Kral'ın Montaj’s teeth to grow so long they stab the bottom of its mouth.
Distinctions: Most of their body is covered in a thin layer of hair, save for their necks and the ends of their tails. Their necks are covered in a thick mane for both genders of the Kral'ın Montaj, however the manes of females only grow below their neck, and often grow very thick and long. Male have manes that circle their entire neck. . The ends of their tails have a large bundle of hair, which often gets knotted. Adults also have horns near the front of their body. This varies for each one, but generally the horns protrude from the forehead or shoulders.
Average Lifespan: 30 GSY
Races: None.
Estimated Population: They are only found on Panatha, but a few crimelords having stolen a small amount as trophies. Estimated at one million galaxy wide, 99% of that number living on Panatha.
Diet: Kral'ın Montaj are pure carnivores, eating anything with meat on it. They are so carnivorous in fact, that their bodies react negatively to ingesting plants, as their bodies have no organs to digest them.
Communication:

• Loud roars

• Purring

• Empathy
Culture: Kral'ın Montaj are very territorial, and do not leave their family, or den. They mate for life, and the couple will have a single litter of kits in their entire life. If multiple males are present, they often kill one another before adulthood, leaving only one left. The rare exceptions are kits who run away, or who are taken from their family by Epicants. When multiple females are present, which there usually is, they stay with their family until adulthood, at which time they leave their den to find a suitable mate. When males reach adulthood, the leave in search of a mate, and when they have found one, they bring them back to the den. If the mother or father do not kill their son’s chosen mate, it means they approve. Females chose mates based on the loudness and length of a male Kral'ın Montaj’s roar. During mating season, the males will roar and yell until they find a mate. Males pick from the females that come to them based on the length and thickness of their manes. This is because the thicker the main, the better chance it has to protect the female and future kits from harm, due to knots that form in it. After a pair has had their only litter of kits, they stay with their remaining son, helping him to hunt and raise his den. This often means Kral'ın Montaj often have up to four generations in each den, with the oldest male being the undisputed leader. Family members go through a long process of scenting, in which the Kral'ın Montaj rubs the furry end of their tail over their own body, and then brushes it over the one they wish to scent. They not only do this with den mates, but with their Bonds if they have one.
Technology level: The standard tech level of your average jungle cat. The Kral'ın Montaj don’t know how to use or make tools.
General behavior: If Kral'ın Montaj aren’t hunting, they are sleeping, eating, or playing. When bound, Kral'ın Montaj get bored if they are simply given their food, and much prefer to hunt it. When it comes to sleeping, they sleep about anywhere, and usually purr loudly when doing so. Playing for them is, rough, to say the least. Biting, clawing, and tackle are all acts the Kral'ın Montaj perceive as friendly when done so while projecting playful emotions. Violence is common among them, but its meaning changed based on what the Kral'ın Montaj projects.
History: The first Kral'ın Montaj was tamed by the first King of the Zambrano family. He discovered they were Force Sensitive, and came up with the process of Binding, in which the Epicant and Kral'ın Montaj are cut, and their wounds touched together in a form of blood pact. For the next few centuries, Zambranos, their allies, and the occasional outsider bound with Kral'ın Montaj. Those who weren’t bound have very little documented history in the form of estimated population. Those who were Bound, however, generally have as well documented a history as their Bond. Most Zambranos gave their Kral'ın Montaj a name, and their names were often found in the texts of their Bond.
Notable Player-Characters: None.
Intent: To create a species to add to the culture of Panatha and the Epicanthix species.

[member="Enoch Zambrano"]
Greetings!

As always, thank you for choosing the Codex! My name is Cecily and I'll be working with you on this submission. See my feedback below!

Enoch Zambrano said:
Please provide the link to both of these images or the exact website name/artist who created them.

Enoch Zambrano said:
Homeworld: Panatha
Could you please make this link to the wiki-page or submission that is associated with this planet?

Enoch Zambrano said:
their speed varies, but not many would be able to outrun a fit human, due to shorter legs.
Can you list a ball park number of exactly how fast these animals can run in metric please?

Enoch Zambrano said:
The Force: Kral'ın Montaj have a mild sensitivity to the Force, and it is their main form of communication. They cannot move objects or invade the minds of others, simple shoot off waves of emotion to ‘speak.’
I think I understand what you are saying, but to clarify, you mean that these creatures can impress what they are feeling on others? Not with words that the person would hear in their mind, but rather they can make that person feel what they are feeling? Just some quick clarification here.

Enoch Zambrano said:
Binding: Native Epicants on Panatha have been known to create bounds with certain Kral'ın Montaj, the most notable ones being the royal Zambrano family. Those which have Epicant Bonds are often those with the rarest furs, as the planet’s people see it as a sign. The bind between a Kral'ın Montaj and its human is strong, and gives the creature an ally to help them survive.
Just some minor grammatical inconsistencies here. I've highlighted several places where I believe you meant to say 'bond.' If not, please correct me.

Enoch Zambrano said:
Hunger: Kral'ın Montaj need to eat close to three times their body weight per day to maintain a healthy body and metabolism. Anything less and they will be cranky, and will even attack their own Bond if hungry enough.
This is a fine weakness, however could you please expand on what happens if they don't eat? It seems to me something more severe might happen if they fail to eat enough to satisfy their energy needs. Perhaps weakness, sluggishness, after a long period of time even death?

Enoch Zambrano said:
Their necks are covered in a thick main for both genders of the Kral'ın Montaj,
Typo here. This typo repeats in other places too, be careful of that.

Enoch Zambrano said:
Though Empathy and Telepathy have many of the same qualities, they are distinctly different abilities. You'll need to decide exactly why one you want to go with here.

Let me know when you have made these changes.

Cecily de Demici said:
Could you please make this link to the wiki-page or submission that is associated with this planet?
The planet has a wiki page, and a sub, as it was fleshed out by Vornskr

Cecily de Demici said:
I think I understand what you are saying, but to clarify, you mean that these creatures can impress what they are feeling on others? Not with words that the person would hear in their mind, but rather they can make that person feel what they are feeling? Just some quick clarification here.
Yes. Would you like this clarified in the post as well. If so, please direct me to the proper section.

Cecily de Demici said:
Just some minor grammatical inconsistencies here. I've highlighted several places where I believe you meant to say 'bond.' If not, please correct me.
I visibly cringed here. I was very sleepy the night I wrote this. Thank you, very, very, much.

Cecily de Demici said:
Typo here. This typo repeats in other places too, be careful of that.
This was the only example of the typo I was able to find. Once again, *cringe*

[member="Cecily de Demici"]

Clarified communication in the language section. Anything else that could improve? Even if it's not necessary for acceptation, the intent is to flesh our Epicanthix lore, so I'd like the species to be as great as possible. :D

Thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom