Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Korido-Class Personal Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: Personal armor for Trask
Development Thread: Cortosis requirement
Manufacturer: Maht'ras'korido
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Trask
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Carbon Nano-Fibers, Duraplast, Cortosis Weave
Classification: Anti-Energy, Anti-Ballistic
Weight: 14 kg
Quality: Class 7
Special Features:
-Electricity Resistant
-Strength Enhancing
-Speed Enhancing
-Personal Energy Shield
-Gauntlet Charrics
-Gauntlet Blades (pending)
-Shadowskin Coating
-Temperature Controlled
Description:
While a majority of the armor's features, such as the EMP-hardened duraplast plating, the regenerative energy shielding, and the stealth enhancing capability, are modeled after the various incarnations of the Katarn Commando Armor, the truly unique portion of this armor is the use of a body glove that mimics the functions of mandalorian crushgaunts and other forms of power glove. The suit is composed of layered bundles of carbon nano-fibers that house an electrically reactive substance, allowing them to expand and contract when exposed to certain voltages. Each of these bundles is wrapped in several interlaced layers of non-conductive fibers to provide the necessary resistance to external sources of electricity, and that is topped by a layer of duraplast armorweave to further cement the suit's function as protective armor, and its resistance to EMP damage. Due to the use of nano-scale fibers, no portion of the body glove exceeds one centimeter in thickness, allowing for exceptional mobility and speed while still providing resistance to blasters, ballistics, and even briefly the blade of a lightsaber.

The hardened duraplast plating was added later in the armor's life cycle, when it became clear that constantly patching the body glove was far too tedious and expensive a proposition, and the ability to conceal the armor beneath regular clothing was no longer necessary. The plating also increases the armor's resistance to energy and ballistic weapons, enabling it to withstand a direct hit from light laser cannon rounds and verpine shatter guns, as well as extending the duration of its lightsaber resistance to several seconds. A shadowskin coating on each piece of plating helps to eliminate the wearer's sensor signature, ans also removes any tell-tale reflections. The regenerative shielding was also added around this time, and increases the suit's surviveability by nearly two-fold before it sustains enough damage to fail entirely.

Contained in the armor's gauntlet plating are the suits only on-board weapons (though more can certainly be strapped on via external holsters), in the form of a pair of stripped down charrics implanted in the underside of the bracers, and half-meter retractable cortosis-weave vibroblades implanted in the topside. The charrics posses an optimum range of ten meters, and a maximum effective range of thirty, and pack the same level of power found in most high-end blaster pistols. Defensively, the body glove also contains cortosis weave fibers in the gauntlets up to the elbow, allowing the wearer to reliably block lightsaber blows, though any greater degree of cortosis use would have been prohibitively expensive on a suit that already possessed a rather substantial price tag.

To power the body glove, the suit possesses a layer of flexible carbon batteries sandwiched between the duranium weave and the insulatory layer. Recharging is accomplished by gathering ambient static electricity from the environment, via natural movement, or by siphoning a portion of any electrical attacks that strike the suit (no more than ten percent of any given attack due to rapid input limitations, and less for more powerful attacks). Power for the shielding is supplied by power cells fitted into the unit itself, and both the charric and the vibroblades have independent power cells as well. Additionally, the suit includes a belt that holds spare ammo, up to four grenades, a small survival kit, a liquid-cable launcher, and attachment points for two holsters. The mask, which appears as a simple piece of armor shaped to fit the wearer's head and lacks any sort of visor, contains the armor's comm equipment as well as rebreather functionality, and enough oxygen to survive up to an hour in vacuum.

[member="Trask"]
That is unfortunate, but I will need a development thread of 10 posts which follow the objectives listed for Cortosis in our Restricted & Banned materials list. I'll quote the challenge for ease of access below.
C
Cortosis(( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain cortosis ore from any of the following planets: Apatros, Obredaan, Katanos VII, Duro, Bal’demnic, Mnencheiasus, Gallos or Bespin –OR—suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of a Force User Character written by another writer. ))
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/14386-banned-restricted-items-list/

[member="Trask"]
An example would be being defeated in combat/single combat, to the point that you were in a situation where the other person could have killed you. Surviving, I suppose, makes it a defeat and not a death. If you have such a thread it could count as a development thread.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
As a matter of fact, I do have such a thread. :) It's actually linked for reference in my bio, but I'll go ahead and link it again here.

http://archive.jedivsith.com/viewtopic.php?p=1864404#p1864404

The actual defeat happens on the next page, and there's also some RP preceding the linked post in that thread as well.

Oh, and you should be aware that the version of body glove used in that post (it's the original version) was primarily composed of phrik, which was removed in later versions and replaced with reactive nano-fibers (of the same sort used here) and sparing use of cortosis in the gauntlets and plating.

[member="Trask"]
That works, just edit it into the Development Thread field in your submission.

Trask said:
Manufacturer: N/A (personal item obtained in backstory on previous site)
If it was made by an NPC, just write the name of that NPC, or otherwise put your own character's name if you made it.

Trask said:
Weight: ~20 kg
You can lower this to 14 kg.

Trask said:
-Shadowskin Coating
Is this a canon item/material?

Trask said:
The regenerative shielding was also added around this time, and increases the suit's surviveability by nearly two-fold before it sustains enough damage to fail entirely.

Trask said:
-Energy Shielding
Do you mean a personal energy shield?

[member="Braith Achlys"]

It was made by his father, Maht'ras'korido (my PC at the time). I'll add that to the manufacturer.

Alright, I'll go ahead and lower the weight.

Yes it is. Shadowskin

That is indeed what I meant. The regenerative part just means that the capacitors reset and recharge after several seconds of not sustaining damage (like the shields built into Katarn Commando Armor).

[member="Trask"]
Could you just alter the Energy Shielding portion of the Special Features list and place Personal Energy Shield instead? It will alleviate any confusion other writers might have if they come back to reference this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom