Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowledge Is Power Enclave Library (OPEN)

Stepping back through an old stone archway into the Enclave's library Celiana went to the storage cubicle she'd left her boots and bag in; after grabbing her things she padded barefoot back to a secluded area with a window where the sun was streaming through.She knew her destiny was headed along the path of both a Guardian due to her martial training and a Consular due to the fact that many of her skills lay outside the realm of The Force.

Having done some of her own research she'd decided on pursuing the role of a Jedi Sentinel. To her being a Jedi meant balance both in terms of self as well as between combat and utilizing The Force.

Opening herself to The Force as she'd placed her things down Celiana rifled through her bag before finding her set of forearm bracers; fitting them onto her arms she checked the thin datapad on the inner side of her left forearm.

Tapping a button on the datapad a holographic display winked into existence. After networking her data pad into the Enclave Library Database Celiana started with a search of famous Jedi Sentinels along with a separate search into lightsaber construction along with focusing crystals and known lightsaber models and materials used in their construction.

Hitting search Celiana waited for the results to come in and pulled her modified robes over her head before sinking to the floor in a cross-legged position going through some stretches while she waited....

A few terminals away sat Dune, engrossed in his research. The history of the lightsaber as it just so happened. Details of how galactic events as well as the advances in miniaturization brought forth the weapon they knew scrolled before him. In particular, he was looking for references to more unique designs.

Events on Felucia had seen him pitted against someone wielding a very unusual design indeed. A cross-guard weapon that converted into a chain-and-sickle which had left him very much on his back foot. The closest thing he could find was the lightwhip used by Lumaiya. In this case, the account had been written by Luke Skywalker himself.

He'd ended up constructing a shoto to combat the whip. Lumaiya herself had modified the design to incorporate solid elements including leather and bes'kar. He filed that away for future use, making a mental note to find more information about the smaller weapon. Dune finally looked up from the screen and towards @Celiana.

The Bith had noticed her with his Force senses, though he hadn't really paid any mind. Light side presences came and went throughout the Enclave at virtually all hours of the day. She seemed to be awaiting the results of a search. Probably too generic a search term, he guessed.

Rising to his feet, he walked over and stopped a few meters away. "Could I help you find what you're looking for?".

Having left herself open to The Force Celiana felt somebody else approaching. Flicking her eyes open she saw a Bith approaching. He broke the silence by asking, "Could I help you find what you're looking for?"

Showing the Bith a smile Celiana answered politely, "Quite possibly yes. You see I'm looking for information regarding the construction of lightsabers along with information on different focusing crystals as well unique designs and materials used in lightsaber construction. I'm to head out soon to construct my own sabers and I'd like to have as much information as possible before I do leave."

I do apologize for my bombardment of a list. I should probably introduce myself my name is Celiana Drayven a Jedi Padawan. You are?

[member="Dune Rhur"]

"Dune Rhur," he offered with a short nod. "As it happens, I was looking into the history of lightsaber design myself."

An interesting coincidence ;) he thought.

"Hmm, where to begin. The basic materials for the casing could be almost anything from basic durasteel, to organic hardwoods and coral to incredibly rare and expensive phrik and bes'kar. The last two are, of course, very difficult to acquire and require a talented smith to work."

"As for the components, you'll find the schematics within the database. A power cell, an emitter matrix, a blade emitter...just a few of the essentials."

Dune quietly studied her for a long moment before he continued speaking.

"The focusing crystal itself is a little more complicated. We often send apprentices to Illum to acquire an Adaegan gem. These are usually of the mephite variety such as my own, but on rare occasions you may even find a pontite gem. It will offer a flawless crystal which in turn will concentrate the blade's cutting power that much more."

"There are also synthetic crystals, of course," he shrugged "Sometimes necessary but ultimately inferior. You see, they produce a more powerful blade but it's also more unwieldy. The advantage is that they only require certain minerals more easily acquired, a furnace and knowledge of the process."

[member="Celiana"]

"Hmmmm.....that gives me some things to consider."

"Thank you Dhun. One more question for you though if you don't mind, what kind of saber would you recommend for me? I was thinking along the lines of a set of paired one handed sabers that could interlock to become a saberstaff. But I want to get another viewpoint."

[member="Dune Rhur"]

"As far as your own weapon," he shrugged and smiled just a little "It's always been something deeply personal. Your idea, from a practical standpoint, offers certain advantages. At the same time, it means you'll need to specialize because you're effectively using three methods in one."

"It does offer flexibility. If you have no other questions?,"

[member="Celiana"]

Listening to Dhun speak offered her a bit of reassurance as to her decision of what she was looking for in a saber. Answering Dhun, "No that actually helps me a lot in terms of my decision." Turning to face him Celiana brought her left hand into an open palm facing up against her right hand in a closed fist and gave a short bow both out of courtesy and respect. "Thank you for your assistance."

[member="Dune Rhur"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom