Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Kindling

Syvar Deaus

S

Kindling

Relaxing into the leather chair, Syvar inspected a bottle of Screaming Bantha imported from the Outer Rim. Interestingly it was one of only a few, a limited run ale due to the unfortunate history of its manufacturer, but that was a story for another time. Today was about Iri Tuteru, formerly assigned as Merrick's Padawan, his fellow Knight, who was engaged elsewhere on missions too dangerous for a Padawan. Similarly, Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas , who originally reached out to him, was poorly equipped to teach him Lightsaber combat.

And apparently, he was the first on her list? Why or how he had no idea, but Syvar knew better than to ask a Songwing. Their kind was a strange sort, and that was before adding the template of a Jedi on top. "So then, you will come to meet him for yourself?" She trilled from the viewscreen. It was inset into the far wall, flanked either side by vintage art one of Alderaan and the other Kashyyyk that would make Tieuvelli homesick.

"Of course." Syvar replied, "I will direct the Excession to Prosperity in due course. Please do your best not to share everything about me with him before I arrive?"

"Excellent. I know how much you dislike paperwork, so I will make the arrangements. Stay sober. I will meet you on arrival."

She didn't give him the chance to reply, ending the transmission. Syvar stared again at the amber whiskey his eyes drawn to the crystal glass, "It'd only lose value anyway." He said finally, putting it back down on the desk.

---------------

Tag: Iri Tuteru

Draped in his silk half cloak, Syvar followed the protocol droid to the arranged meeting point. Tieuvelli had booked a pod, a small but spacious room meant for quiet study and the occasional meeting place for Jedi. True to his word, he had arrived a few minutes prior and most certainly wasn't intoxicated, although that might have partly been the Quartermasters fault and the fact there was not much in the way of alcohol aboard the Temple ship.

Taking the datapad offered to him, he went inside, briefly reviewing Iri's profile while he waited. Much of the information it provided was clerical with the occasional comment, nothing of any real value. Iri had already become a Padawan, and that was more than enough proof he had potential the only question was, how could he help Iri realise that. In short, he was less interested in his achievements and more intrigued by what he wanted to achieve.

Iri Tuteru

I

Kindling
Time: Morning
Tags: Syvar Deaus

Iri could hardly contain his excitement as he woke up, today was the day he was supposed to meet Jedi Deaus, a potential future Master. He had found little luck over the past couple of months but perhaps this would mark the beginning of change occurring with his fortune. Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas had originally introduced this man to him, the songbird was unable to take Iri on as a Padawan herself, mostly due to Iri's natural affinity to lightsaber combat; something that the songbird would be unable to teach outside of theoretical knowledge.

Always one striving to make a good impression, he spent plenty of time getting ready, donning his worn training robes as he brushed out any creases that had formed before finally making his way to the appointment. He had been on the prosperity for several weeks now and he had become more familiar with the layout of the ship, no longer find himself lost down one of the many winding corridors and need help making his way around the ship.

Eventually, he found himself in front of the designated pod, letting out a sharp exhale of air as he attempted to lessen his nerves. He had been in this position once before and the hopes that he had formed had only led to disappointment. He was not as naive as he had been back then, but still, he was just a child in the eyes of many.

Iri entered the room swiftly after, making note to not arrive late. He bowed his head swiftly after entering, not even taking a moment to glance at the figure that sat within the room as he introduced himself. "Ah- It is a pleasure to meet you Knight Syvar, I am Iri. But I suppose you already know that." he rose his head as his hand moved to scratch it awkwardly.

His eyes finally rested on the man, allowing him to get a better look at him. It had not been exactly what he had expected, but that was not always a bad thing.

Syvar Deaus

S

Kindling

Tags: Iri Tuteru

With a faint smile, Syvar observed the Padawan greet him with the customary bow. "Welcome, Iri. Please have a seat," He said, waving a hand towards the selection of egg-shaped chairs. "And please do feel free to call me Syvar, contrary to my families expectations, I am not a stickler for formalities at casual meetings." He said, subtly studying the young man.

He dressed a little too plainly for his tastes but despite that, he could not fault the Padawan; it was well taken care of despite the implied age and Syvar expected he could trust him with the maintenance of his possessions. Arguably, it was surprising to see he hadn't yet replaced it. Maybe some manner of attachment?

Regardless, despite a moment of awkwardness - which Syvar penned to be nerves - Iri's movements looked smooth, helping confirm what Tieuvelli had already explained. "On the contrary, I only know your name and basic profile information. In addition, to what has been said by our mutual feathered friend. Would you like some water?" He asked, raising the jug cheerfully.

Iri Tuteru

I

Kindling

Iri made his way over to the chair, moving in an awkward manner that showed his nerves. As he relaxed into it, his gaze once more met Syvar's as a smile formed on his lips. He nodded his head as he spoke, listening attentively as he tried his best to maintain a confidant front. "I'll make sure to do that Syvar" he replied, stumbling over the name as if it was caught in his mouth, almost unnatural to refer to a Jedi in such an informal manner.

Iri was quaking in his boots, almost literally at this point as he stumbled to reply to the knight's question. Iri looked shabby in comparison to the man's well-kept looks, and expensive clothing. Side by side Iri looked almost like a bigger, his well-worn clothing having long needing replacing, only that he had not found time to part ways with it; having long grown attached.

"Wate- yes. I would like some water." he once more replied as the man continued to speak. He shifted slightly as he felt almost judged under his gaze, whether that was the case or not, he could only assume. "I am happy to tell you what else you would like to know about me. Not that there is anything too exciting obviously."

Syvar Deaus

S

Kindling

His momentary slip up made Syvar's smile deepen, hoping it might ease Iri's nerves and hopefully invite the rapport he hoped to build. He admitted to himself the juxtaposition between them probably did little to help matters, as the Padawan seemed to compare the state of their respective clothing. In truth, they were just as functional as his robes, a symbol of sorts that ensured the comfort and attention of the people Syvar often interacted with. Under normal circumstances, he might have worn his robes to this meeting, but he wanted to see Iri's reaction and hopefully set a less formal tone.

Regardless, Iri's discipline looked beyond doubt. Although perhaps too rigid, a little flexibility might prove beneficial. Syvar relaxed into his seat after pouring Iri a drink and using his hand to slide across the table. He refused to use the Force in anything but training and combat, finding it put even good-hearted people on guard like Iri was now.

Did Iri realise it? He hoped so.

"Well, before I ask you any questions, let me say this is as much about me as it is you. So please feel free, at any point, to ask me questions or raise clarifications. While you might be a Padawan, your experiences and insights will differ from mine, so I hope you will be willing to share that with me without feeling judged. Indeed, by the time you complete your trials, I may have learned just as much from you." Syvar said confidently, hoping to put any concerns the Padawan had at rest.

"I have been told you're intrigued by lightsaber combat, and I want to understand your motivation for learning more about it. Is there a particular reason, or is it just you feel more comfortable with a blade as opposed to the other schools?"

Iri Tuteru

I

Kindling

He reached across the table towards the offered drink that was just poured, it was not a strange thing for a Jedi to carry out tasks that would have become trivial with the force, after all doing so was often the second step of falling to the darkside - Imperilment. After all, to abuse the force for one owns selfish needs was not the Jedi way.

Iri waited patiently as the knight began to ask his questions, he was no stranger to this having been asked to see many a potential master previously, but they all ended fruitlessly. They either went missing shortly after or were unable to teach Iri what it was he truly wanted to know, lightsaber combat.

The Knights words rang with him, he had often read that a Padawan learned much from their master, but he was also responsible for teaching his master too; allowing them to experience another person's viewpoints and culture. "I shall keep that in mind, Syvar." Iri replied, clearly happy that the Jedi teachings of old were still respected by the knight before him, in times of war such idealistic thoughts were often pushed aside.

He relaxed into the chair as he continued to sip away, growing more comfortable with the knight, his original intimidating aura fading away as they conversed. At the mention of lightsaber combat, Iri's attention and aura peaked, clearly a subject he was very passionate about. "I feel when I hold a training blade in my hand, everything else seems to fade away and I become almost... one with it. I have never been better at anything else in my life before, and with some teaching, one day I hope to become a master who can utilise every form." he scratched his head as he mentioned his dream. "For now though, I want to focus on the basics, as well as Ataru and Shein, as it suits my physique."

Iri grinned towards the man after he finished speaking, clearly happy and excited at the mention of a lightsaber and training.

Syvar Deaus

S

Kindling

A slow smile began to form on Syvar's lips. Iri's ambition was no easy feat, "That is quite the challenge you have set yourself, but it's clear you have put some thought into it, and that's the first step. I could certainly help teach you, Shein. Ataru may take a little longer, only because I've not practised it in many years. Who knows maybe you'll teach me." He chuckled

He understood the basics of Ataru, an offensive form meant primarily for Duelling other Force Sensitivities in lightsaber combat. Given the recent conflicts, he would do well to assist him in his studies and perhaps add something to his repertoire. He was not opposed to the idea, and it would certainly provide him reason enough to avoid family entanglements.

"My position in Order usually means we will be in the field, so you may have to adapt quickly and deal with all manner of dangerous adversaries. Few go quietly, and some may cross blades with us. Does that sound interesting, or would you prefer us to spend time sparring in the Academy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom