Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiln's Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a new hand for Balaya's apprentice
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Balaya
Model: Cybernetic hand
Affiliation: One Sith
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material:
  • Terenthium-Desh Alloy
  • Cybernetic components
  • Wintrium
Description: Never before in her time with the Sith had Balaya seen somethign so strange. While testing a potential apprentice he stole a saber and severed his own hand to get out of the restraints. Spending two months on Vendaxia as a one handed survivor risking serious infection and the possibility that he would die. When he finally was picked up from the planet he attacked the Sith Master going through the ship and trying to handle the BlackBlades until Balaya subdued him. His resiliance and rage intrigued her enough to replace his hand with something more useful.

It is built using the same methods she used to create Inferno and the armor for herself and the Emperor Vulcanus. As a knight within the sith empire she crafted it and now her skills have only grown as well as her control of the darkside. The hand does nothing special it is not a nexus, its is just made of a material that is unique to the galaxy, aged two hundred years and hardened into a lighter material then most. Wintrium from Klantooine with sith alchemy to shape it and skill from working the blackblade and dark forge. Desh metal soaked in the caries waters to infuse it properly with a darkside taint.

All came together as Balaya carefully shaper and burrowed into each section of the glassy material testing its resistance to a lightsaber and finding a sweet spot of a couple hundred years. The layers that have hardened working like a tree to find the oldest and strongest parts but she could only go so deep. The older it gets the harder and more difficult to cut through, until she was noticing it sharing the strength of pure beskar maybe even stronger as it went down deeper. Her skills making the sections of his hand while the desh worked as joints for movement.

As it ages the hand will get stronger, more resistant to lightsabers but for the moment it is as strong as turadium alloy able to resist lightsabers strikes before it goes through. Able to catch a blade but the desh alloy will melt destroying the flexibility of the hand and rendering it useless. As with most alchemical works it can catch lightning and store it but this will take a great deal of training on Kilns part to learn how to do. The lack of sensors to mirror nerves and synthflesh means he won't feel pain or be able to hide that the hand is cybernetic. Only the wavy watery glass look of the Wintrium show it is something else then normal material.

[member="Darth Praelior"]
its is just made to resist lightsabers for a time allowing one to catch a blade. However it will be sliced through eventually, it can as with most alchmy items catch and store lightning but that will take a great deal of training on Kiln's part
  • This alloy would not be able to resist lightsabers, not even to catch a blade. This is just stronger than durasteel.
  • The second part requires a development thread for something of that caliber.

[member="Darth Praelior"]

We have some issues that I can see, that need to be addressed:

Wintrium:
  • It's damn hard to procure. The locals would arrest or kill you. Plus it's found in Black Sun Territory, so harvesting it would be something you might wanna let them in on? No?
  • It's like cutting into a blast door. Please refer to canon sources. So I'm sure melting it down would take a long time.
  • SO all that being said being said, it's not like molding or shaping glass. I think it's going to take a bit more than what you have.

• Please consider rarity and toughness to acquire.
  • Please consider locals attacking, attempting to arrest or any PCs who might try to interfere. I don't see people just allowing this to occur out in the open.
Alchemy:
  • One post of alchemy, by someone who is not as experienced as say [member="Valik"], isn't enough for me.

Suggestion:

• I would suggest a dev thread for the Alchemy alone.
  • I would suggest a dev thread for the Wintrium mining alone.
Additional:

Alchemy naturally produces a Lightsaber Resistance, your statement above says the Wintrium overtime becomes Lightsaber Resistant. This is not permitted under the rules, per layering LR
materials.

You can have a Force Effect on the Alchemy, but not the Lightsaber resistance, however it's exposed until the Wintrium hardens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom