Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keter's Swords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keter

The Renegade
Intent: To create a personal weapon that is adaptable, difficult to counter, and visually impressive for intimidation purposes.

Manufacturer: Keter Mason.

Model: Lightsabers - Sabrestaff variants.

Affiliation: Keter Mason

Modularity: As per normal lightsabers - alternate power cells, hilt materials, focusing crystal, blade crystals.

Production: Unique set.

Material: The outer shell is made of durasteel, and the power source is a diatium power cell.

Description: A set of seven saberstaffs, the hilts appearing as little more than single-bladed sabers welded together, thicker than one would expect a saber hilt to be.

Classification: Double ended swords.

Size: Based upon two-handed sabrestaffs, technically no hands required to weild.

Length: 50cm hilts, 100cm blade. Total length with both blades ignited - 250cm.

Weight: 2kg

Other Features: Each sabrestaff hilt contains a small medical storage device, within which rests a piece of Keter's flesh - a benign tumor he cultivated in his body then harvested purely for the weapon. The Renegade's theory was that since the Force gives a user unparalleled sense of their own body, this sense could be extended to their equipment. The key is to keep the flesh alive, a working conduit for his powers. In the case of his Swords, Keter uses the conduit for telekinetic purposes, weilding the blades without needing to hold them. It also makes it easier for him to pull the swords back to him after utilizing them as thrown weapons.

Due to the power drain of the storage chamber of flesh in each hilt, the lightsabder blades have a lower intensity than comparable designs, unable to last long in a blade lock. Also, due to a lack of true strength behind them, the Swords can only inflict slashes or stabs, and are unable to perform heavy blows that would require actual muscle behind them. Also, to fully utilize the weapon effectively takes great concentration - the more of the weapons Keter tries to use, the less he is able to focus on other things (such as moving).

I'm just curious why Keter would want blades that don't last very long in combat, are basically weaker than other sabers and hinders him in combat. From my understanding when a Force user creates his/her lightsaber they imbue the crystal with the force which in turn connects them to the blade. With that the tumor function is unnecessary, because the imbued crystal would act as the conductor.

Keter

The Renegade
Weilding seven saberstaffs at once without hands and not cutting your own head off would be tricky - I think it would be along the lines that the crystal is a conduit, but not as strong as his own flesh, and so he is able to have a lot more use by switching between weapons and overwhelming an enemy with attacks coming from every direction. There is no blind spot, there is nowhere undefended.

Keter

The Renegade
Hence my surprise that someone considered it weakening the character. Of course, I am open to limitations as advised by judges. Things like Only using three until Master level at which point five can be used etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom