Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Keeno-class Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didact_Defense_Solutions_Banner_copy1.png
Single_0153_070917.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create an interceptor for Didact.
  • Image Source: [x] [x] [x] EVE Online
  • Canon Link: /
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Didact Defense Solutions.
  • Model: Keeno-class Interceptor
  • Affiliation: Didact Defense Solutions.
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Alusteel, glasteel.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Interceptor.
  • Length: 9.6 meters
  • Width: 6.5 meters
  • Height: 3 meters
  • Armament: Average
  • Defenses: Very Low
  • Squadron Count: Moderate (16)
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Slow (5)
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Starfighter Weapons: Laser Cannons, Concussion Missile Launcher
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:
  • Fast and Maneuverable. As any interceptor, the Keeno is focused on being fast and maneuverable.
  • Jamming. The Keeno is capable of jamming sensors once in the field, which improves its ability to survive.
  • Degrees. Its weapon mounts aren't fixed, so it can hit targets whatever direction it is angled.
Weaknesses:
  • Fragile. These starfighters aren't meant to take a beating. If it faces a foe it can't outrun or maneuver? It will go down with enough firepower.
  • Hyperdrive. Very slow hyperdrive, it's more meant for emergency situations. If it wants to get where it needs to go, it needs a dedicated carrier. If that gets destroyed? The Keeno is practically a sitting duck.
Description: Didact Defense Solutions was a mercenary and private security corporation that was mostly focused on ground-based operations. This was found to be quite... limiting in their approach. It was during a particular mission hosted by a Sith in Chiss Space that Tash realized that clear space superiority was important in their mission.

With the acquisition of the shipyards of Baktoid Didact had the ability to produce their own starships. Its first attempt was an interceptor- its focus was to tick off on the standard desires a galactic interceptor needed to have.

Fast, maneuverable, surviving as long as possible.

That was the Keeno Interceptor. It possessed jamming systems to stretch out its survival rate and swiveling mounts to maximize the damage output it possessed.

[member="Itash Mecetti"], this is about 2 ratings too high. Please reduce ratings from production, armament, defense, (sublight)speed, or maneuverability.

Itash Mecetti said:
Firepower. It's average at its damage output. There are plenty of fighters that far outpace it and it takes time before it does enough damage. That's enough time to get shredded with its fragile state.

Having an "average" rating by itself really isn't a weakness; it's just a neutral facet that really isn't a strength or weakness. Please remove this from the weaknesses section.

[member="Gir Quee"]

The XLS balance tool suggested that this was currently one rating too high and that I would be able to balance that out with a good weakness. I'd like to try that, what would you consider a sufficient weakness for a design like this?

Also removed the firepower weakness.

[member="Itash Mecetti"], I see that the tool now suggests that x5 hyperdrive now counts more towards a rating balance than it previously did. I'd agree that this is one rating too high then.

Itash Mecetti said:
The XLS balance tool suggested that this was currently one rating too high and that I would be able to balance that out with a good weakness. I'd like to try that, what would you consider a sufficient weakness for a design like this?
The most common that we see, that I see directly relating to the base design that you have right now is "no shields". However, if you have some other idea, I can work with you into something acceptable to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom