Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ke'Cholo's Plasma Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
f6EeQAp.jpg

Image Source: http://i.imgur.com/f6EeQAp.jpg
Intent: Personal weapon for Ke'Cholo
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Zobacca
Model: Unique
Affiliation: Ke'Cholo
Modularity: Limited, can replace and upgrade parts also can switch in and out sights.
Production: Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, blaster components, plasma cartridges.
Classification: Plasma Rifle
Size: Two-handed.
Length: 1 meter~
Weight: 8 kilograms~
Ammunition Type: Plasma
Ammunition Capacity: 200 shots per cartridge
Effective Range: .75 the range of a normal blaster
Rate of Fire: Semi automatic, fully automatic, and burst.
Special Features: anti-armor, fast automatic fire, custom made, built in slug thrower/grenade launcher combo and low firing sound.
Description: Designed and built by Ke'Cholo's assistant, Zobacca, this rifle is a state-of-the-art weapon. Equipped with plasma energy, this weapon tears through the toughest armor. Built for accuracy and speed, this rifle sacrifices round capacity for precision aim and damage.

Tears through armor and flesh
Fast automatic fire
Naturally silenced
Built in slugthrower/grenade launcher combo.
High round count

Heavy
Odd ammo type
Can't equip scopes
Decreased range
Custom made, only one person knows the ends and outs

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="KeCholo"], is this a variation of this weapon? Or something else?

This will play a role in how we balance this.

KeCholo said:
Manufacturer: Unique
This should be the person, group, or company that made it. I think that you want "Zobacca" for this. If you have a codex entry for him, please hyperlink it for the "manufacturer" heading.

KeCholo said:
Weight: 3 kilograms~

KeCholo said:
This is a pretty light to standard weight. Modern day service rifles typically weigh about this much without ammunition or add-ons. If you wanted heavy as a weakness, I'd make this around 7-9 kilograms (roughly the weight of modern-day light machine guns).

KeCholo said:
Effective Range: 2x the regular amount of a normal blaster.

This feature needs a bit more of an explanation or a more significant drawback, like limiting ammunition to something like 10 rounds, or a development thread.

KeCholo said:
Amazing range Better than normal accuracy Tears through armor and flesh Fast automatic fire Naturally silenced Built in slugthrower/grenade launcher combo. Heavy Low round count Odd ammo type Can't equip scopes Custom made, only one person knows the ends and outs
To me, this weapon seems to be trying to fulfill too many different roles without having any of their drawbacks.

I'd settle on a singular role for this weapon first, and build off of that concept. It may help to look at conventional or videogame weapons to get an idea for this. For example, a sniper rifle would have excellent range and power, but it wouldn't have a high rate of fire or be very handy to carry around. On the other hand, an compact automatic blaster would have a high rate of fire and be very easy to run around with, but it wouldn't have good range or power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom