Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kathol Riftrock

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
* Intent: Making the Kathol Rift portable.
* Image Source: N/A
* Canon Link: N/A
* Restricted Missions: N/A - AEI is a T6 with the Alchemy specialization
* Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kathol_Rift/Legends
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/96602-the-vergence-lensforge/

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
* Manufacturer: Mara Merrill, Akure Executive Interstellar - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/22962-akure-executive-interstellar/
* Model: Kathol Riftrock
* Affiliation: Closed market (ask first)
* Modularity: No
* Production: Semi-unique
* Material: Nickel-iron asteroid

SPECIAL FEATURES
* Causes anxiety and hallucinations, especially in Force-sensitives, directly proportional to their power.

STRENGTHS
* Causes anxiety and spidery hallucinations within a range of ten metres.
* Forcers experience the effect more profoundly. Masters are more affected than Knights and so forth.

WEAKNESSES
* Effect weakened by void stone/voidsteel, ixetal cilona ingestion, or a thick coating of nullification resin. Effect cancelled outright by ysalamiri.
* Those who've spent months or years in and around the Kathol Rift (e.g. Moross, Black Rose, ORC Judges) are deeply familiar with the effect and may resist it effectively.
* Conversely , it's still going to be uncomfortable and troublesome for anyone who wants to use it as a weapon.

DESCRIPTION
Before distractions and extended recuperation knocked Mara Merrill down from genuine Mastery, she built the Vergence Lensforge. The Lensforge allowed her to distill the uniqueness of a Force Nexus or phenomenon into an object. As her private war against the Mandalorians heated up, she put an old what-if into practice and applied the Lensforge to the Kathol Rift. The Rift’s mental effects are unique in that Mastery of the Force doesn't really mitigate the problem. In fact, it makes the challenge exponentially worse. An old hand at navigating the region, Mara was still just barely able to use the Lensforge in the Rift.

The end result is a fist-sized lump of asteroid, native to the Rift, with a localized aura identical to the Rift. Mara's intended targets were Mandalorian Force-users. She planned to use the Riftrocks to dial up the Mandalorian Civil War. However, creating the Riftrocks and moving them to the known galaxy took far too long. That leaves the Riftrocks as treacherous weapons without a purpose. Having spent her fortune on philanthropy and an anti-Mandalorian crusade, Mara has been known to sell or barter Riftrocks to keep the lights on.

A Riftrock is comparable to a Phobis device in general terms. However, some crucial factors separate them:

- A Phobis device has a gigantic area of effect when used properly. A Riftrock's influence has minimal range.

- A Phobis device can cause virtually anyone to lose their mind from unrelenting terror, and hallucinations may be a side effect. A Riftrock causes hallucinations and anxiety, which may lead to terror and stress and so forth depending on the target.

- A Phobis device is supremely effective against virtually everyone, and may be less effective against Masters. A Riftrock is mildly or moderately effective against the general population, and vastly more effective against Masters.

Atlas Kane

A
First of all, thanks for the clarification and I apologise for the delay, it took me a little bit to come to a decision on this.

While the rock is seemingly balanced well by affecting everyone in its area of effect, the fact that its intensity scales with power in the Force makes me lean more towards the side of it being a major benefit. The reasoning here being that someone with a weak or no presence in the Force could use the rock to great effect against someone who was very powerful in the Force, only suffering minor repercussions, if any, themselves while their target suffered the effects quite intensely. The potential to be used in this manner is what ultimately convinced me to that is what more of a Major Benefit after all, which is why I would have to ask for a Restricted Mission thread for it.

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Atlas Kane

A
Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag Raziel, Jamie, or Cira.

Mara D'Lessio Merrill said:
* Those who've spent months or years in and around the Kathol Rift (e.g. Moross, Black Rose, ORC Judges) are deeply familiar with the effect and may resist it effectively.
This is the only portion of the submission I am hesitant towards, as I'm wary of approving a mind-altering rock for an area that will be used by people primarily that fit this category to be potentially used against those outside of this area that do not. I can see this being approved if the effects are lesser than stated currently, but I'm not too certain about the current state of the submission with this caveat included.

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]
I am moving this to the archives for inactivity. Please PM either another member of Staff or myself to have it pulled back out when you are ready to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom