Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Karberiar-Class Fast Courier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
1tmcNlh.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create a fast courier for the open market.
Image Source: Vadim Motov
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: Light Freighter

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Affiliation: Open-Market
Model: SRL-291 Karberiar-Class ‘Star Courier’
Production: Limited

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Fast Courier
Length: 35m
Width: 12m
Height: 8m
Armament: Low
Defenses: Average
Squadron Count: None (1)
Maneuverability Rating: High | Moderate (SLAM)
Speed Rating: Very High | Extreme (SLAM)
Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast (0.5)

STANDARD FEATURES

The Kerberiar features the whole standard array of shields, communications and systems that are commonly associated with vessels of this class.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

Advanced Hyperdrive
Smuggler Discrete Nightshadow-Lined Storage Compartments
SubLight Acceleration Motor (SLAM)
Tractor Beam Projectors

STRENGTHS

Greased Lightning: The Kerberiar was built to fulfill a fast courier role, something it achieves and then some. Its top speeds can be further increased in an emergency situation by activating the onboard SLAM to overcharge the ion engines for a limited period of time.
Full Dance Card: Because of the meager weapon count, the Kerberiar was made to be as maneuverable as possible to duck, weave and dodge out of harm's way.

WEAKNESSES

No Shooting Star: This vessel is definitely flight, not fight in nature. The weapons are only rated to bloody the nose of an over eager pirate or customs and inspection patrol, not wage an all out battle.
Two Left Engines: As a trade off for the immense burst of speed, the SLAM decreases the vessels overall mobility while active. Due to overheating concerns, the drive should only be activated for sixty seconds or less and used as sparingly as possible to avoid damaging the ion engines.
No Thrills: It’s a vessel built for quick jaunts and messenger runs, not for running fancy luxury cruises. It is basically a box with two engines strapped on the side with very little space taken into account for the crew.

DESCRIPTION

While initially created to serve as the backbone of SR&L’s express freight service, the Kerberiar was soon moved to more broader, open market production following a shift in the company’s priorities and portfolio. No alterations were made in the design specifications, however, resulting in a very… questionable number of features that might not exactly be legal in every sector of the galaxy.
As fitting for a fast courier, a pair of massive ion engines flank the vessel on either side, allowing it to achieve speeds well in excess of your normal light freighter. These have been hooked up to a rather powerful sublight acceleration motivator to give it an immense boost should the need arise. This is also designed to compensate for the rather meager weaponry load out that comes as standard - although a customer will quickly note that several additional hard points have been installed with the assumption they’ll upgrade and customise as required with after-market purchases.
The Hyperdrive is top of the line and finely tuned. Further augmented by a Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer (HIMS) to keep both it and the vessel’s captain running. A number of other suitable countermeasures have also been provided with that in mind as well.

Good Afternoon [member="Runi Verin"]

This is a pretty cool little freighter you have here, if I had a smuggler I'd be looking to purchase one myself. But there was a question I had looking through the submission I'd like to clear up with you.

Nightshadow

While you link the material, you never actually mentioned what it was used for. My guess is that it's used to line the compartments you'd rather no-one else find, however could you confirm that? Used to coat the ship Nightshadow would count as stealth tech which would require a lower production rating.

Please tag me back when you've looked through my points and let me know what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom