Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Kalestat-Class Anti-Craft Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Zamouthnada.jpg

Image Credit: Zamouth Nada-Class :: MSG
Intent: A new anti-aircraft cruiser to defend the RRDI armada.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Kalestat-Class Anti-Starcraft Cruiser
Affiliation: The Confederacy of Independent Systems
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel Frame, Titanium Alloy Chassis
Description: RRDI's Kalestat-Class Cruiser was developed post-CIS on their new orbital shipyard ring. Expanding their market further into medium-sized capital ships and a whole line of fleet roles, the company sought to produce a ship small enough to take a secondary support role but powerful enough to keep enemy starcraft at bay. The result was a standard size cruiser packing four walloping heavy long-range flak batteries on forward radials. Also in its armament are several turbolaser turrets and one point defense weapon on both sides of each battery to keep enemy bombers and fighters from trying to target the batteries' weaker undersides. A single hangar can be acceded behind the bridge, or underside by the near centermass of the cruiser, protected by metal hangar doors and ray shielding.

Classification: Assault Cruiser
Role: Anti-Starcraft Cruiser
Height: 140 m.
Width: 110 m.
Length: 550 m.
Power Core Generator/Reactor:

• x3 - Ion Engines
  • x2 - Duranium-Core Antimatter Reactors
Hyperdrive Rating: 1.0 Main, 10.0 Backup
Minimum Crew:

• 10 Bridge Officers
  • 120 Gun Personnel
  • 100 Deck Hands
  • 300 Maintenance Personnel
Optimal Crew:
  • 900 Total
Armaments:
  • x2 - Topside Heavy Long-Range Gauss Cannon Battery (80)
  • x8 - Point Defense Turrets (2 per Flak Battery) (tradeoff for 8 Capital Gun points)
  • x20 - Concussion Missile Launchers (20)
Hangar:
  • x12 Gunships
  • x6 Dropships
  • x4 Heavy Dropships
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: 400 metric tons
Consumables: 80 standard days at Optimal Capacity
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 7.0

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Two things

1) Back-up Hyperdrives are Class 10, max. So you'll need to bump that up to match.
2) I'm trying to figure out if this is an assault ship, which is designed to target capital ships, or an anti-starfighter ship, which are usually support ships.

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Ayden Cater"]
1) Fixed.
2) Well, it was made to target anything from interceptors to corvettes with its massive flak cannons, if that counts. It was intended to purposefully seek out enemy small targets and tear them apart, though I do see how this also serves an equally proficient support and defense role. *scratches chin...*

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Ayden Cater"] - Just one; am I deciding what this is, or are you? If I am, I'd like to stick to the Assault class as it suits my intentions for this just fine. In the mean time, I've changed use of the term "support" with "secondary," and "defense" with "assault" to better reflect that this is designed to hunt and shred other craft, not babysit for them.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

It's up to you. But I have to point out two things

• Flak Cannons are defensive guns, not capital guns. Mass Drivers are their capital gun equivalent.
  • Assault Cruisers are speed 7. Support Cruisers are Speed 5.

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Ayden Cater"] - I see. That is interesting to note. Unfortunately, a Supportive role would require extensive stripping of weapons and that would weaken the role, so Assault works for me. Speeds been decreased and guns changed to Gauss drivers. Final answer, what is Assault. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom