Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kaile's Hairpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
18d03c8022056b2dde2bdd5eee2495f5.jpg

Image Source: In Image
Intent: To Give Kaile A Shiny
Development Thread: ಠ_ಠ
Manufacturer: Some Jewelry Place, Kurt Meyer
Model: Kaile's Hairpin
Affiliation: [member="Kaileann Vera"]
Modularity: Minor
Production: Unique
Material: Sterling Silver, Onyx
Description:
Kaile's Hairpin was designed, well, no it wasn't designed by Kurt, but it was created by him through an painful and excruciating amount of work within his room.

The hairpin itself is a rather simple thing, a piece of jewelry made of Sterling Silver and a bit of onyx that Kurt had purchased from a junk vendor on one of the planets that Kaile had dragged him to. The hairpin itself was really only a small medium in which he could place other components, there being a large space between the pin part and the ornamental piece that sat atop it. Kurt took this hairpin and then grabbed a standard communicator created by Arceneau Trade Corporation. The communicator was a small device that fit into the palm of the hand, had a projector for holographics and also storage enough for music as well as several other small components.

Through a series of trial and error tests Kurt managed to transfer these components to a waterproof metal casing placed between the hairpin's ornamental portion and the actual pin part. This was achieved through painstaking tests and the use of his ability learned while building models. Kurt eventually managed to perfect the placement of the small communicator and then through some instructional videos he found on the holo-net created an interface that would allow the Hairpin to project a holographic display that Kaile could read and interact with.

It was this part of the project that took the longest, Kurt nearly breaking the whole thing four of five times. Eventually however he managed to nail this portion of the hairpin down as well, crafting a device that was very reminiscent to the pair of sunglasses that Kaile had crafted for him.

In it's finished form the Hairpin is essentially a minidatapad that one can wear in their hair. It is a self contained communicator, music player, datapad, and data storage device. It works through voice commands, requiring Kaile for only to say "Hairpin; Display." or any other function that she wishes to utilize. Of course the Hairpin does require the use of wireless earbuds to use any sound function, Kurt not having installed a speaker on the hairpin itself.

Songs Included on the hairpin are but are not limited to; '500 Parsecs', 'Bith's Just Wanna Have Fun', 'Small Town Tatooine Girl'(favorite), 'Twi'el Girls Are Easy', 'Sweet Youngling o' Mine', 'Summer of 469', 'Everybody Wants To Rule the 'Verse', 'Our Ship In the Middle of the Hyperlane', 'Ryloth End Girls', 'Total Eclipse of my Sun', 'Where the Hyperlanes Have No Names', 'Eye of the Nexu', 'Sith Zone', 'When Mynocks Cry', 'Hotel Zeltros', 'Stairway to 500 Republica', 'Pour Some Spark Bee Honey On Me', 'I'm Hooked on an Empath', 'What a Wonderful Galaxy', 'Love is a Roche Battlefield', 'Hyperlane after Hyperlane', 'Take on Bith', 'Heart of Glasteel', 'Hungry like the Nexu', '99 Red Drones, 'Solo's Girl', 'You spin me round (Like an Orbit)', 'Comm Me'.

Primary Source:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/68462-kurts-mp3-player
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/79448-kurts-sunglasses/

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom