Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location [Kaeshana Military Garrison]: Fenrik

Status
Not open for further replies.
preview05.3.jpg

Name: Fenrik

Image Source: Clone Wars TV Show, The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Classification: Army Base

Affiliation: The First Order Army

Population: 6,231

Defenses:

Points of Interest:
  • Sensor and Communication Tower [Encryption Network, Holotransmitter, Hyperwave Transmitter]
  • Levels 1-5 [Ground Vehicle Bays]
  • Levels 6-8 [Recreation Areas, Personnel Quarters, Armoury, Detention Cells]
  • Shield Projector Dish

Description: During the battle of Kaeshana, an unspecified unit within the First Order's Army had fallen back from the heaviest fighting on the planet, that being at the Ruins of the Citadel of Dawn. The unit had fled South, calling in a ship to deliver and deploy the prefabricated base in the Southern Hemisphere of the planet. Before the First Order had claimed the planet and had succeeded in chasing the Galactic Alliance and her allies off of the planet, it was where the vast majority of the First Order's forces had begun regrouping, which had likely prompted the retreat or face complete destruction on the planet's surface. The modular base, shield generator model was named Fenrik.

Upon the top of the installation is the sensor and communication tower, capable of being accessed by the eight floor with the correct clearance and codes, typically through biometric lock, spoken password, and an identichip interwoven into the fabric of the shoulder of a First Order's Officer's uniform which identifies the person before being allowed to progress through the aforementioned steps. Below the tower, is the eight floor, which down to the sixth floor offer the standard facilities in a military installation, those being detention cells, armouries, personnel quarters, and recreation areas for when those apart of the garrison are not on duty.

Now to the bottom, from levels one through five, the facility is dedicated to vehicles bays, all linked together with large ascension pads and lifts capable of carrying up to two large walkers up to the scale of a Sabercat AT-AT. Additionally, the smaller lifts tend to be outfitted for personnel to get to and from the higher levels to the lower ones. Additionally, while the main floors tend to be designated for the ground vehicles, lining the walls are starfighter mounts, which go three rows deep into the wall, which allow up to four fighters or bombers per rack. Each generally being assigned to a specific squad.

History: Despite the seemingly vast scale of the military garrison, its history is relatively sparse. Being constructed some time ago, the deployed base had seen only seen use on Kaeshana when it was summoned by [member="FN-888"] and her platoon. From there, the prefab base had been the focus point of the First Order's Army, amassing a large force, one that was much too large to actually fit within the entirety of the base before the Galactic Alliance had turned from the planet, accepting whatever losses they had taken before fleeing. To which, almost immediately after, Garrison Fenrik had housed the General of the White Wolves announcing their victory.

Soon after, in the parade grounds, that being the area around the base in the Southern Hemisphere which happened to more or less be plains, or what could've been approximated as flatlands once upon a time. From there in the parade grounds, the at the time General had announced multiple promotions and handed out multiple medals of valour at varying levels to the more notable units and commanders who had taken part in the Battle of Kaeshana.

With Garrison Fenrik having been established on Kaeshana, it only took a short period of time for the First Order Army to come to the conclusion that constructing an actual garrison and supplying forces would take up too much time. With few parts salvaged from the FIV Wrath that had been downed in the general vicinity of the Citadel of Dawn, much of the walls belonging to the prefabricated garrison were knocked down, expanding the size of the base to accomodate the new and improved vehicles of the modern era rather than those from centuries ago that were typically housed in the IM-455 Garrison. Due to this expansion of the base, it allowed for more equipment, and more personnel to be housed in the base than originally intended.

Intent: To bring a roleplayed location to life.

Links:

Greetings, [member="Asharad Graush"]. Let's see what you have for us today...

I just wanted to clarify: you've noted several times that the base is prefabricated, but both the image and description suggest that it's something more permanent. Indeed, nothing that large or extensive would be a prefab - you'd expect with that many floors and facilities to be a permanently-constructed facility. I think of a prefab and I'm thinking plasteel buildings with walls that can be removed or remodulated, but never more than two tiers: this place has eight floors, sizeable vehicle bays, a detention area etc etc. That's a lot for a prefab, and doesn't honestly sound right to me.

Also: there's no way a prefab facility would house a planetary shield generator. The power requirements would be absolutely enormous, and not the sort of thing you would be able to generate from on-site field generators. They'd require a dedicated generator - remember the Shield Generator on Endor? Remember the insides of the bunker? That's what we're talking about: it'd be massive and permanent. If you want the shield, the facility definitely needs to be a more permanent set of buildings with a full generator capable of that kind of power output. Otherwise it simply wouldn't work! Maybe swap it for a smaller shield, one that covers the base and not the whole planet?

Other than that, this is a really good submission. The image choice is great, by the by.

Thanks for submitting this one! Once you've made any edits, please do just tag me and we'll move you along.

[member="Tirdarius"]

The description is based off of the IM-455 Modular Garrison, which is, a prefabricated base / garrison that is deployed via starship. Additionally, there are different models other than the standard garrison, this one being a shield projector garrison. I can admit that the chosen image may not fit the exact description.

Admittedly I should've linked those two sources and I have done that now.

I have also made mention in the history that the base was originally a prefab but had soon adopted the role of being an actual garrison, and so modifications to the structure and thus the amount of potential personnel within increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom