Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just The Simple Things (Dev Thread)

Well, this was certainly the most difficult task one could undertake. On one hand there was the mission, on the other there was the difficulty of actually completing the mission, and if you happened to be a three armed, or more, humanoid, there was also the other hand in which case completing the mission was going to require some extremely difficult construction for storage that was going to require spending a tidy sum of money. Fortunately, that wasn't going to be overly hard for us to accomplish. The money part at least.

After completing the task of taking down the imperial bounty hunter that was after Cora, it seemed only fitting that we take it upon ourselves to begin our mission. Time wasn't critical. The plan was going to take a substantial amount of time to put together as it was. Cora had said she had some contacts that could get us the gear we would end up needing for ourselves, but that wasn't the hard part.

"Alright. Do we have a contact anywhere that can get us what we need?"

None of the others seemed to have any ideas. That left it up to Cora.

"Cora, what about you? Any contacts that can help with the storage container?"

[member="Cora Passek"]

Cora sighed heavily as she sat down with Rane. She had a contact or two alright. Right now though it was all about how much she was willing to risk for it.

"Rane," She glanced to the others in the room. "I need absolute privacy for what I'm about to say. Complete and absolute privacy as this is risking far more than my own life."

Another sigh followed. "I do have a contact or two, but before I can reveal my biggest contact, I need to know that what I say will never leave this room." She said firmly, something deadly serious in her tone. For she was about to reveal one of her ID's that she'd never let be known before. Safety for that identity and her, was absolutely paramount.

"Do I make myself clear? And do I have your word that this will never leave this room?"

[member="Rane Bel Iblis"]

Absolute privacy. Alright. A nod to the others and they all got up and left. They trusted her enough by now that telling them to leave us alone would actually get them to leave us alone. Which was a good thing. Most of these types weren't overly trusting of people. That had been noticed over the years. The fact that they'd come to work for Sojourn meant that something was going right with the organization, which was about as good as we could make it.

"Alright. Nothing leaves this room. We aren't recording here."

No recording. A glance around the room showed no cameras either. Privacy was kind of a big deal for us.

"Not a peep will be uttered by these lips. Promise."

[member="Cora Passek"]

Cora sighed heavily as she pushed back her hair with both her hands as she leaned her elbows upon the table. "Look, Rane .... The main contact I have is ... me. Under another name. Cara Sampson." Even talking about it had her worried, trembling a little bit at the thought, "I've never told anyone this, but she is a cover ID. And she is the head of Sampson's designs. So ... we can make what we need. But we have to be very careful to not reveal that she is me. Enough hair, makeup, and special pockets in my cheeks let me change my face shape enough so people don't know it's me. But Sampson's Designs could make the canisters we need." She sighed again, "And I have a few other business contacts that might help me get some of the supplies we need. I may have to sign my life away for it, but it'd be worth it."

[member="Rane Bel Iblis"]

"Well, that's convenient."

How fortunate for us that Cora had a contact that was her alter ego? That certainly made the prospects of completing this thing much easier. Now, if that alter ego's company happened to have access to the materials they needed that would be even better. If not, they could certainly see to getting it. Fingers drummed the counter top, eyes focusing on the female, possibly better, half of our little conspiracy group. By little it was literally two of us, so that was really quite little. Which was a good thing.

"Do you have access to the materials we need to get this done or should other avenues also be explored?"

It was up to her what those avenues were. Between the two of us, there were likely plenty of contacts to secure resources from.

[member="Cora Passek"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom