Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Judgment Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.
m_19_sniper_rifle_by_tekuuei-d4lt74r.jpg

Image Source: http://tekuuei.deviantart.com/art/M-19-sniper-rifle-278498907
Intent: A high impact, high velocity sniper rifle
Development Thread:'If necessary,'
Manufacturer: BlasTech Industries, The Obsidian Order, [Ek Griz]
Model: Retribution Class, Railgun, Sniper Rifle: Judgment Mk I (RSR-Mk I)
Affiliation: Techno Union
Modularity: No
Production: Production: Limited: Techno Union or purchased through a Techno Union character
Material: Durasteel, Quadranium Alloy Rails, Electromagnets
Classification: Railgun
Size: Handheld
Length: 110cm
Weight: 10kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell, Tungsten rods
Ammunition Capacity: 10 rods, Power cell needs recharge after 30 shots
Effective Range: 2,000 meters
Rate of Fire: Single Shot, 2 second cooldown/recharge

Special Features: Weapon fires 5.5mm long 13mm in diameter tungsten rods at 2,000m/s. The Tungsten rods could be blocked by lightsabers (in theory). However the kinetic energy and speed of the projectile would probably disarm or even break the hand/wrist of the Jedi/Sith/Other using it. Larger lightsaber-esque stationary plasma shields would probably be more effective, but the kinetic force may still cause some damage in all but the sturdiest and heaviest targets.

Description: This weapon is the Barret M82 on steroids. This weapon was specifically designed for use against opponents skilled in deflecting blaster bolts. Due to its weight and recoil can only be fired in a prone position without the wielder being very large or using some force augmentation.

Advantages:
Delivers a staggering amount of kinetic force
Ultra high velocity
Long range
Nearly unblockable

Disadvantages:
Heavy
Very high recoil
Can't be used in mid or close range combat effectively
Slow rate of fire
Limited and expensive ammo

Would be highly desirable for:
fighting enemies equipped primarily with anti blaster technology
Sith/Jedi hunters

Ek Vilibro Griz said:
Beskar Alloy Rails
Beskar requires a development thread, it is a restricted material. I will quote the objective below at the bottom of this post. At limited production I will need 20 posts.

Ek Vilibro Griz said:
Length: 87cm Weight: 9kg

Ek Vilibro Griz said:
Advantages: Delivers a staggering amount of kinetic force Ultra high velocity Long range Nearly unblockable
The amount of recoil you are looking at, for something this small that acts as a railgun, is going to be quite large. I'm fine with 2km/s with a normal sniper, but a 7mmx13mm solid tungsten round that moves at the kind of velocity that would shatter the bones in someone's wrist if they tried to stop the shot is going to have an incredible kick-back, especially as this weighs almost half a normal sniper and is nearly half as long. There's noticeable recoil in a standard sniper, but when you change that into a railgun, chop the weight and size down to nearly half, and put heavier ammunition, you're looking at a shoulder-damaging, back-aching, recoil - which needs to be mentioned heavily in the description.

B
Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))

Made some changes in length and weight as well as the round length. I also made sure to mention the recoil.

I might eventually like to do the development threads for beskar because based on what i know of rail guns, one of the main issues is that the rails need to be replaced fairly often because they haven't found a material that can hold up to the friction and force. I'm not necessarily looking for a lightsaber resistant material. Would it be feasible for a more common material to be able to stand up to the forces a railgun would exert? Or should I just go with Durasteel and have to replace the rails every 60-100 shots or so?

[member="Ek Vilibro Griz"]
You can certainly go with durasteel, if you would like, I would personally recommend more sturdy materials, such as Quadranium or Trimantium. You can find a (fairly) complete list of all canon metals here. @Mention me when you have made your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom