Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech JSA-SHORTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
1G866XX.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a pump-action scattergun for [member="Karren Trask"]
  • Image Source: Me, I made this!
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Super-Shorty
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: JSA
  • Model: JSA-SHORTY
  • Affiliation: Karren Trask
  • Modularity: Grips can be swapped out
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, plasteel, rubber grips, scattergun components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scattergun
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 36 cm
  • Weight: 1.6 kg
  • Ammunition Type: Shot shells
  • Ammunition Capacity: 3 shells + 1 in the chamber
  • Effective Range: 10 m
  • Rate of Fire: Pump action
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Partial recoil-dampening system
Strengths:
  • Convenience - The small size and weight of this scattergun allows it to be easily concealed under a jacket or trench coat, and allows for great maneuverability in closed spaces.
  • The Shot Stops Here - At extremely close ranges, the uninhibited blast from the scattergun can be quite effective, especially against door hinges or really slow birds.
Weaknesses:
  • Pop Fly - The JSA-SHORTY still has the full power of a scattergun, but in a much smaller package; recoil is almost completely uninhibited, and it takes a strong wrist to keep it steady.
  • The Big Short - With such a small barrel, accuracy and damage beyond its effective range becomes negligible quite rapidly - you'd be better off throwing the shell casing itself.
DESCRIPTION
The JSA-SHORTY was designed from archaic scattergun designs, but created with JSA's signature quality. It uses standard scattergun shells, so its supply is easily refilled on any slugthrower market. Unfortunately, the gun itself is quite small, and this means it has a short range and an even shorter magazine. Still, its convenience becomes quite apparent in extremely close quarters, such as apartment complexes or narrow starship corridors.

Hello, I'll be reviewing your submission. Please respond to this thread with any questions or comments as we get underway.

It's a caveat and detail, but I would specify that this weapon can only be concealed in something like a trench coat or robes. It's a bit over a foot long and that wouldn't fit in tight armor suits or skinny jeans.

Otherwise it seems like a good design to me. Like the lettering on the side in the image.

Kudos!

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
That's fair. Added

• Convenience - The small size and weight of this scattergun allows it to be easily concealed under a jacket or trench coat, and allows for great maneuverability in closed spaces.

[member="The Major"]

And thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom