Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech JSA-BREAK3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
rRG1P1G.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a custom shotgun for Jak Sandrow
  • Image Source: I made the 3D model, and you can find more images here.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: JSA
  • Model: JSA-BREAK3
  • Affiliation: Jak Sandrow
  • Modularity: Barrel extension (see Description and image gallery)
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, slugthrower components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length:
  • 1 m (no barrel ex.)
  • 1.5 m (barrel ex.)
  • Weight:
  • 4 kg (no barrel ex.)
  • 5.7 kg (barrel ex.)
  • Ammunition Type: shot, slugs, gunpower
  • Ammunition Capacity: 3, can contain 3 extra shots in shoulder stock.
  • Effective Range:
  • No barrel ex:
  • Birdshot - 30 m
  • Nerfshot - 50 m
  • Ubershot - 60 m
  • Slug - 50 m
  • Barrel ex:
  • Birdshot - 60 m
  • Nerfshot - 75 m
  • Ubershot - 70 m
  • Slug - 70 m
  • Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic - 1 shot per 5 seconds due to recoil
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Selective firing (see Description)
  • Barrel extension
  • Ammo capacity in shoulder stock (x3 shells)
Strengths:
  • Extremely Lethal - A 4-gauge shotgun is simply overkill. Here are examples of 4-gauges in action. Anything and anyone in front of the shotgun could be in imminent danger.
  • Extremely Reliable - No electronic components whatsoever make it immune to being set off by any form of electronic device. The only way to get it to fire is to pull the trigger.
Weaknesses:
  • Extremely High Recoil - If you haven't watched the videos yet, I suggest you do. That kind of recoil is not meant for humans to wield.
  • Potential Injury - Even for the user, if not properly prepared for the gun to go off, it could lead to serious injury and major shoulder dislocation.
  • Low Capacity - Only 3 shots makes it very awkward for high-intensity gun battles; this is a room-clearer, not a front-line weapon.
  • Close Combat Awkwardness - Its size makes it a little bit difficult to maneuver in tight spaces, even though that is technically its ideal place to be used.
DESCRIPTION
The JSA-BREAK3 is a break-open 3-barreled 4-gauge shotgun. It is overkill in the form of a trifecta of lead. It has a selective firing option, of four different firing schemes (the barrels are Left, Right, and Center); C, L, R; C, L & R; L & R, C; C & L & R.

It is extremely inadvisable to fire all three barrels at once. Even two at once is asking for pain.

The barrel extension helps to reduce recoil and muzzle climb, as well as improve accuracy, but it makes the shotgun somewhat unwieldy in close quarters.

Overall, the BREAK3 has a very small niche to fill, but it definitely fills it well.

Jak Sandrow said:
Anything in front of the shotgun when it goes off is going to get hurt.

Hello again. You'll have to reword this as CAN get hurt, MIGHT be hurt, MAY be hurt. Regardless of how a weapon would definitely outright kill a normal human in real life, this is RP, and thus damage taken is determined by the writers as per site protocol. In the future be sure to follow this guideline across all your submissions.

Thanks in advance.

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
[member="The Major"] Yes, sorry, I will try to keep that in mind in the future.

Reworded

Anything in front of the shotgun when it goes off is going to get hurt.

to be more passive:

Anything and anyone in front of the shotgun is in imminent danger.

Unfortunately it's not a matter of passivity. You'll have to rework that and remove "is." The no-no words are: IS, DOES, WILL as they imply a certitude. I recommend using your original line and just changing it to: Anything in front of the shotgun when it goes off can be grievously hurt.

Don't feel too off put by any of this. In fact, the wording was my first stumbling block and hurdle I had to overcome when first doing submissions on this site. We'll get the hang of this.

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom