Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joseph Gresham

Joseph Gresham

J
tumblr_lvp1yzOQVT1qj7u8ao1_500.gif

"You're obsessed. Aren't we all?"

NAME: Joseph Hampstead Gresham
FACTION: Can't say they mean much.
SPECIES: Human
SEX: Male
HEIGHT: 5' 6''
WEIGHT: 142 lbs
EYES: The color of a sorrow filled sky.
HAIR: I'm a ginger. Was a ginger. Complicated.
SKIN: Disgusting. Just look at it.
FORCE SENSITIVE: Force hasn't been around since the Big Bang.
PLAYBY: Jackie Earle Haley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:
+Scrounge it up: Nothing stays hidden forever. The more useful it is, the harder you look. Never know when you'll find a stripper clip in a toilet.
+Ask first: Tell me no lies. If you do, I switch to shoot first. Information is key. Dead men tell no tales.
-Radiotherapy: I don't know why people use radiation to heal. It only hurts. Quite literally, I am a sick man.
-Weak: Can't say I've much strength in the tank.

APPEARANCE:
What's it matter? You painting a picture? No? Alright. Move along.

BIOGRAPHY:

<....>
<......begin audio log, B24T78/i>
<Recording begins:>

You ever been to Wild Space? No? Well, sit down. Let's have a chat, you and I. First, we'll start with what Wild Space is. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. It's a whole lot of space - nothing, even - and when you do happen across something to fill that void? Well, it gets downright nasty. Not the Unknown Regions. I know. We're 'explored.' We're 'civilized.' But let me ask you, has anything forgotten ever remained civilized?

When you're left in solitude, do you not make a new enemy... yourself?

That's what happened to us. We were left to solitude. Where? Unimportant. That's like asking me to point out where I spread the ashes of my family. I can gesture and wave, and... well, that does you the good it does me. None. Understand that while I talk. No good comes of solitude. Ah, yes. So where was I... right. Wild Space. Home. Solitude. World I grew up on was a temperate one, I'll give it that. Pleasant enough place, all told. Bit backwards by galactic standards but when you're on the edge of the disc no one cares about you.

Someone stopped by, said 'Hi' and then left. We didn't have any resources the galaxy didn't already have, and that scout wasn't going to make much money selling our coordinates. I think he died trying to leave anyway. Serves him right. Home planet had a dual asteroid field in the system. One near the outer edge, and one closer to the local star. Not much larger than a shuttle got through there. Yeah, space is big. Asteroids small.

Probabilities low. Wreckage filled in the rest.

Now? Larger than a shuttle, good luck. So there we were, left to drift through the void to our own tune. Funny thing about not having enemies on the outside, as I've said. You develop them inside. Disease of the heart. Infighting develops.

Violence. Struggle. Wars. Economic collapse. Unpleasant. Survivable.

That is until someone did the ultimate stupid thing you come to expect from low-tech worlds. Big red button. One push. World gone. Population shattered. Environment crippled. Life begins under the banner of anarchy. We're alone now. Too far out to be worth saving that world. Nothing to offer. Supply and demand. There was no demand for our goods, and so no salvation was supplied. No, that doesn't bother me. Kid sticks a fork in a socket, what do you do?

Let him shock. Teaches him a lesson. Don't stick the fork in there. He learns. Break a few bones, learn a few lessons. Important. Lessons.

I was maybe... 32, 33? Hard to recall. While ago. Real rough time. Odd jobs most of my life. Gardening. Warehouse. Freight driver. Courier. Homeless man. Tried many occupations. Most unskilled, all bearable. It wasn't that things couldn't hold my interest. I just... I needed to keep moving. Some people are just meant to run. We call that the Big Bang. Easy to remember. Easy for kids to understand. Things make big boom, things bad. Things ruin world. Maybe, if they survive, they'll retain that knowledge.

jackie-earle-haley.jpg

Joseph at the time of the Big Bang.

It's too late for us.

Things were starting to reorganize though, here the last few years. Lots of scavengers, murderers, travelers. A rudimentary government was forming, though. People reconnected. Society asserted itself. Then half the population disappeared. Chaos. Bloodshed. More Anarchy.

Last twitch of a dying beast, now.

Hrm? Repeat that. No, I don't like you. Don't like home much anymore, either. Why am I here? Someone has to be. Spice doesn't make itself does it? No, I have to buy it. Not your business what I do with it. Supply and demand. I'm demanding a supply, and if you don't comply, you'll be lucky to have a chest cavity in the next few minutes. Fear? Laughable. Haven't felt it in years. Why? Can't feel. Nerves are gone. Might be the radiation.

Unsure.

It happens.

The wheels keep turning, even when something is under them. Who knows, maybe it'll be you this time. Hand it over.

<Static...>
<Recording ends.>

SHIP:
Does your character have a personal ship? If so, describe it in moderate detail (what does it look like, what can it do, what types of weapons and engines does it have, etc.).

KILLS:
Post the names of the PC characters (characters role-played by real people) that your character has killed. If possible, include a link to the thread in which your character killed him/her.

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
Post the names of any bounties you have delivered and the amount of money you gained for it. If possible, include a link to the thread in which it happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLE-PLAYS:
Post the links and the titles to all of your characters Role-Plays. To make things easier, post the link and name here as soon as you enter the Role-Play thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom