Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Joint Stock… Privateers?

(Obligatory shanty- )

Anyways, sea shanty out of the way…

So! For those who don’t know, the Rimward Trade League has authorized letters of marque and reprisal and granted them to privateers, going after crime syndicates, pirates, Sith, imperials, and warlords, based on the rebel privateers from the old West End Games Star Wars ttrpg.

I’ve been toying with an idea for a while, and reached out to some folks in the League about starting a dedicated privateering company. Not a corporation, but something like the joint stock merchant houses of the late 1700s and early 1800s, with primarily individual investors putting up funds in exchange for shares of potential future profit, and crew joining up for the same sort of payment. Right now, it might have a bit of a Mandalorian vibe to start with (since Krenis is Mando and a few of the other characters are Mandos).

The skeleton of an idea is to start small with some local prize cruises within League space, rooting out pirates, smugglers, spies, etc, probably with a fairly small ship, and maybe build up from there over the course of successive cruises with larger ships, possibly even building custom ships designed for privateering later on.

As for characters, I can see a lot of different ways to explore things. The obvious ones are the privateers themselves aboard the ship, with all the arrays of shipboard life, and probably then also something like an intelligence group to identify ships to target, a legal/hq group within the League to secure the selling of the prizes, and probably something like a tech/logistics group. And kind of jumping off a Clive Cussler series, I could definitely see the company being “employee-owned” basically, maybe with a few external backers. Krenis isn’t really a ship captain, so I’m not sure where he would fall into, but lots of room for tons of people in different roles.

Went ahead and did it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom