Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jin-Teel Welcome

Wu had arrived, a small chance to meet up and learn from the Order of The Silver Jedi and the ways of the force. As she was walking around and providing herself with one of the padawan training robes that had been offered to her when she entered. A smirk appearing on her face so that she would be able to see around the temple better. Her language had even been improving over time so that she would be able to understand and speak with most of the others here. Her long hair framing her face, her robes semi form fitted where she needed it and interest in everything around herself. "Ah is this where my master is?"

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Since becoming a Knight, Arisa had been looking to find an apprentice to instruct. She felt like it was time to do her part in preparing the next generation of perspective Jedi, especially as so many in their ranks began to stray towards the darkness. It troubled her more than she let on about facing former comrades in battle. She could only imagine how are it must be for older members of the order, who had once counted those fallen Jedi as their friends and more.

There were a few promising prospects, but none of them had worked out. Admittedly, she had not been devoted enough to attend to their specific needs, but she felt like she was ready now with a little more experience under her belt as Knight.

Back on Voss, she was to meet with one of the newest members of the Silver Order, Wu Yeoh, in something of an interview for compatibility. Ahead of their meeting, she had taken some time to review her personnel file. An interesting story with this one, the woman had hailed from the Jin Empire. Vaguely, Arisa recalled the time that Jin had wound up in Republic space in the Chazwa system in their first voyage with a hyperdrive. It had been quite the event, making contact with a pre-hyperspace civilization who had developed independently from the rest of the galaxy. If she had the time then, she may have tried making contact with the Jin, but her duties as soldier had kept her busy.

Here was her chance now. About the time of their arranged meeting, she did a bit of hunting until she found Wu roaming the halls. She was fairly easy to pick out because of her short stature, and distinctive robe that marked her as an initiate or Padawan. Arisa herself was dressed plainly in street clothes as usual. The last time she had been running around in robes had been when she was just a Padawan herself, on Coruscant. A city slicker before being adopted by the Jedi, robes just didn't suit her.

"Hello there," she said as she came up beside the other woman. "I am Arisa Yune. Miss Yeoh, is that correct?"

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

She stayed there while she was looking at it, with her attention ont he temple itself and wondering about what might be here in the order. "Hmm." She was looking up at some fo the other jedi when they went past and it brought interest to her before she stayed around. Ahhh she was thinking about it in her head when she heard something from another woman. Turning to see her and bowed her head while she stood there offering a small smile. "Yes." She said it more direct and careful while she was rolling the sounds of basic in her mouth. Not entirely certain what she was agreeing to or might have to work with. "You are Knight Yune?"

Wu had quite the heavy accent, and seemed to fumble her words in Basic, but Arisa was still able to understand her for the most part. Passively, she read upon surface thoughts from the other woman to confirm her identify.

"Yes I am," she said with a smile, offering a hand in greeting. "It's a pleasure to finally make you're acquaintance. Myself and the rest of the Silver Order are pleased to have our first member from the Jin Empire! I used to be with the Old Republic, and heard of Princess' Mei's historic voyage to Chazwa. Unfortunately, I was away from the temple at the time."

"Now, if you'll follow me, then let's take a walk, and tell me a little about yourself."

She pulled back her hand and strode forward at an easy pace for the noticeably shorter woman to keep up. At only 170 centimeters, Arisa was only about average height for a woman, but next to Wu, she felt like a giant almost almost three heads taller. The ethnic Atrisian would not complain.

Their walk would lead them out of the temple to the gardens in the back. There were several Jedi and other individuals outside, tending to the garden, training, or just lazying about in recreation. Only a short while ago, there had been an attack on the temple grounds by terrorists, but it was nearly impossible to tell at this point. As fast as their adversaries destroyed, they rebuilt even faster.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

She could understand the language a lot easier then speaking it. She had worked and seent he princesses maiden voyage to go and meet the people. She was wanting to try and improve the lives of others so that the Jin would be part of the galaxy itself. THey had met this republic and it had been strange, then had went off to go and meet the silver jedi who had offered a little more but not much. With a look at the woman as she was walking with her she stood up tall and ready observing all fo the others with a small smile on her face when she bowed seeing others. To say hello. "I am..." She said it and thought about it. "Cook for the ship, I was at Chazwa and Voss when we met with the different people." She stuck around with it though prepared for anything she knew how to cook and how to figure out and learn different things. The temple always could use food after all.

As Wu spoke, Arisa could see now that it was going to be hard to speak at any length in Basic. This was something Wu would master in no doubt through greater practice, but for now, Arisa would bridge the language gap herself. Through her neural link, she interfaced with Quiet to speak in Wu's native tongue in real time. It took her a few moments for the link to finalize, so from Wu's perspective, it may have looked like Arisa had gone quiet as they walked.

"Is this better for you?" Arisa asked, now speaking in fluent Jin. "You said that you were a cook on a ship? Was that your regular job before coming to Voss?"

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Wu looked at the woman surprised as she was speaking in native Yuyan when she raised an eyebrow but she stuck around offering a bow of her head to that. "Much better thank you." She hadn't been of the royal house which made her suffer a little in some cases. Wu was looking at all of the things around the temple as she spoke. "These jedi are so strange, they seem willing to help others and each other. It is something worthwhile to help with here." She said it while walking with most of the attention for the temple while she adjusted the robes. "These outfits are a lot tighter as well."

The conversation flowed much more easily now that that the language barrier had been broken.

"Think of it this way. By helping others, you help yourself. We can achieve a lot more together than alone. You said you were a cook previously, you worked that job so that the rest of your crew could continue to perform their jobs without having to worry about preparing their own food. You freed them up to allow them to perform a job where they excel. Similarly, they did the same for you. In that
way, your efficiency increased as you were all allowed to work to the best of your ability within your chosen specializations, rather than having to do every single thing on your own. By sharing the workload, everyone came out for the better of it."

"That's one of the things we try to teach as Jedi, the power of cooperation."

Wu mentioned something about her robes fitting poorly. It hadn't escaped Arisa's attention about how...well endowed her Jin counterpart was, but she had found it impolite to even think much about it until Wu brought the topic up herself.

"Ah...we'll have to work on work on some accommodations. I'll contact Requisitions to see if we can't get you some custom-tailored robes. However, until then, you can wear your regular clothes if they fit better. You're actually not under any requirement to wear robes. I don't. Many people do because they don't come to Voss with much to their name."

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Listening tot he woman explain it there was a nod of her head, she could do that and get a custom fitted outfit that would be fine. She was guessing they dind't make many things for adults her size... most of the children and padawans were easily able to be taller then her as she had seen. Wu had a small look on her face though while she was walking and thinking about how she had done a lot more as a cook and it was one of the reasons why she had been able to. She was usually there making the food and learning the languages of these other species that the Jin met so her help in learning how best to talk with them and their basic attitudes towards food. It also helped to observe their cultures but that wasn't the most important part of it, being part of a brigade, of a unit it was what was important and the sum making it all easier then just leavin it to one person to do everything. Wu nodded her head in understanding while she was there for a moment and prepared for anything. "I understand master and I am ready to learn and begin to help outs."

Their walk now took them outside of the garden, so that they were greeted with the sight of vast forests as far as the eye could see from the mountaintop where Voss Academy was based.

Wu called her master, and for a moment, Arisa thought about correcting her, but the Knight rather liked the sound of that, so pride won that particular battle so she remained
mum.

"Very good. If it hasn't happened yet, then the first thing we'll go through is finding you some initial job placement within the Academy. While living at the academy, everyone is expected to do their part in upkeep, but you're free to move around roles as often as you like."

From her background, it seemed like Wu would fit best in the kitchens, but she would leave the other woman to figure out what she wanted to do.

"Hmm, if you're eager to learn, then we can start right now. We have the whole day ahead of us."

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

She was listening to her and she could come up with some of the ideas here. She could find a place in the temple for helping out here. Looking at it Wu turned around when they were here in the gardens of the temple. Looking at her, looking around when she smiled. "I am prepared to begin and if the kitchens are open to it and not just the droids then it would be where I'd want to go." Cooks didn't need to talk to much, they communicated through the food and she could work to try and bridge the gap while practicing her basic with them in the kitchen where also others who were learnign as well could be. Qu stood opposite her master with a nod of her head when she was looking up. "I am prepared for the first lessons master."

"If the kitchen is where you feel most comfortable, then I will make sure that it happens."

She took a seat upon one of the low stone benches out in the clearing, then waved for Wu to join her. Then she fished for her phone in her back pocket.

"Before we begin with any sort of training, I would like to gauge your raw abilities with a few exercises. The first will be to test your extrasensory perception. I'll play a series of symbols on my phone screen away from view, then you tell me what they are."

She opened an app on her phone to bring up the cards, then would play them in a slow sequence, holding the screen close to her chest as she did. At a rate of about a symbol every 15 seconds they would play in the following order: Triangle, Triangle, Circle, Square, Cross, Square, Triangle, Circle, Square.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Wu was looking at her master and she was ready for anything before.... her master did something unexpected. She had been ready for it and seeing what the other jedi were up and doing. Before she moved over to stand near and look at the device her master was presenting here though before she checked it out and was listening to the sounds itself. closing her eyes so that she would be able to be there, focusing the force energies themselves here to listen out across the small expanse to them. She was listening to everything here when she allowed her mind to quiet. Triangle, Triangle, Circle, Square, Cross, Square, Triangle, Circle, Square came to her and she was repeating it in her mind before committing it to memory. "I have it master." Staying there though as she was looking at it and listening to the tones is helpful but she dind't know the exact ones that made the tones so she would need to test it at first and then she could work on repeating it for her master.

As the symbols play over her screen, Arisa was studying Wu through the Force, seeing how she accessed it for the purposes of the exercise. That was the real point here. Listening to surface thoughts, she could practically hear Wu rattling off the combination of symbols.

"I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear, but in the future, I would like you to sound off every new symbol you see as you detect them. Now, tell me the sequence you just witnessed."

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

She was listening to her master and going over it, the string of sounds she had heard while recalling it and focusing her thoughts. "Yes master." She brought it up to show it when she was there. Looking at her master for the rest of the instructions so that she didn't mess up again. "The sequence is Triangle, Triangle, Circle, Square, Cross, Square, Triangle, Circle, Square." She said it while showing it on the little pad for her master with a small look as this was a good way to do it. hear it, see it, repeat it, understand it and keep going at it to get the lessons drilled itno you."

Wu had correctly stated the sequence that the application had generated, but Arisa gave no report of success or failure. She did not want Wu distracted by the results.

"Thank you, now for another sequence."

Seeing how easy Wu had it with success the first time around, she drastically ramped up the speed until there was only 1 second between each transition. Just enough time to speak with not much room for normal thinking. This was meant to put her precognitive abilities to
task.

The sequence this time would go like so: Square, Circle, Cross, Cross, Triangle, Square, Circle, Cross, Circle, Square, Triangle, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Square, Cross, Square, Square, Circle, Cross, Circle, Triangle, Circle, Triangle, Square, Cross.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Wu could sense and feel her master's aura now... or at least she was guessing there was nothing really coming from her but looking for those small clues to read the room while she was going. Her master was moving onto the next thing and she focused allowing her mind to go blank, open and listen as rapidly the sounds were coming and she focused on them instead of trying to see the distractions of the temple around herself. The rapid fire tones, the mashing of fingers and the spark of thoughts and the force as she waited for her master to finish and once she was certain nothing more was coming started repeating with the tones "Square, Circle, Cross, Cross, Triangle, Square, Circle, Cross, Circle, Square, Triangle, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Square, Cross, Square, Square, Circle, Cross, Circle, Triangle, Circle, Triangle, Square, Cross" as she was moving her small nimble fingers quickly.

Wu didn't follow her instructions exactly, but as she was able to recite the sequence error free, Arisa let it slide. She noted the results, then closed the application.

"Alright, done with testing ESP. Now let's try telekinesis. There are countless techniques out there between various Force-based organizations, but many of them are just an advanced application of telekinesis, which in essence is bending space-time to your will."

She looked around over their surroundings, then with an outstretched hand summoned a small black pebble from the ground, which landed right down in the middle of her palm. She then moved her hand right in front of Wu.

"I want you to try to manipulate this pebble like I just did, and transfer it from my hand to yours."

ESP and telepathy were one thing, but telekinesis could be much more taxing on the individual as they were working directly with matter and energy. She wasn't expecting a whole lot here, but even in Wu manage to make the pebble wobble a bit, she would consider that level of accomplishment impressive for an untrained Force-Sensitive.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Wu was looking at her master and she was uncertain of what she could do. She had never really tried to move things with her mind.. thought about it. Would make trying to find and get things in a kitchen or on a ship so much easier while she was going forward. "Understood master." She moved a little to find a better stance that she could try and focus herself. looking to be prepared so that in case she managed to pull the rock at her she could try and dodge and not hurt herself. Wu breathed out for a moment when she narrowed her focus ont he pebble, slowly reaching out and feeling the force energies all around them. She could feel them as her vision tunneled and Wu waiting for a moment longer letting the pebble twitch and then it launched as she moved to duck and smacked her in the chest. "OOOWWWWWWW" She said it holding for a moment and could feel that pain as tears welled up before she looked down. She had moved it but her control was less then desirable in this case.

Arisa's eyes widened in surprise as she watched the pebble rocket right into Wu's chest. She actually hadn't expected her to move the pebble on her first go, so this outcome was unexpected. Control was lacking, but the power was certainly there. Granted, Arisa once had leveled a whole apartment as a child with Force enhanced screams, but that had been under a state of duress.

"Ah...well, you moved it, so that's something," she complimented as she reached out to rub Wu's shoulder to console her. "Are you going to be alright?"

It was a good thing she had started out with something small, a larger rock may have caved in her chest. It had turned out to be a good idea performing a personal assessment of Wu's raw abilities before entertaining the idea of real training.

[member="Wu Yeoh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom