Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jedi Training Hilt/Lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE TRAINING LIGHTSABER.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Training variant of the lightsaber, that Jedi Students may use to practice their ability in swordsmanship without risking the injury of their peers.
  • Image Source: N/A.
  • Canon Link: N/A.
  • Primary Source: Lightsaber.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber.
  • Size: Average.
  • Weight: Light.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Blue/Green Kyber crystal.
  • Alternating levels of strength - Low/High Frequencies.
  • Ornate hilt design.
  • Bifurcating Cyclical-Ignition Pulse.
DESCRIPTION

Issued to all Students who are Initiated into the Jedi Order of today, whether they be members of the Jedi Praxeum or the Jutrand Academy, this training variation of the Jedi's Lightsaber is the first step and introduction into the sword arts that are to follow and be honed upon throughout their numerous years of learning and mentor-ship under the Jedi Knights/Master's who take them under their guidance.

Given the youth that often comes with the Jedi Initiate's first years, the training variant has been modified to ensure that it cannot wield the same frequency of power as the standard lightsaber, for reasons of safety, responsibility and the education of prospective future Jedi.

Of course, Jedi Padawan and at times even Initiate's, aren't solely kept within the confines of academic safety. For those adventure's or trips taken outside of the protection of the Temples of today, these Hilts have been made with the sufficient energy to still be capable of deflecting blaster fire or fending off against full frequency blades in the off-chance that the student might find themselves under threat from others. This feature means that the Training Lightsaber isn't just for the young, but serves as both a tool for learning as well as a non-fatal means of self defense and the protection of others.

Later on in their time, where the Student reaches a level and age of maturity that the Order approves of, they may be given the opportunity to explore the workings of their training hilt, for preparation in their construction of a personal lightsaber; a milestone in their Jedi Career.

Strengths:

• Training Appropriate: A tool of opportunity within the Jedi's initial years, the training lightsaber allows each student to spar with/against one another and continue to hone their abilities in the sword arts, while only bruising their opponents, should they land a significant strike.
  • Field Use: Despite the low frequency, the Lightsaber can still deflect blaster fire and is therefore still of great use both as a learning tool for the Form Soresu, but also useful in the Field of Duty, should the student be without any other form of self-defense. The Training Variant can also block strikes from a Full Frequency Standard-Lightsaber.
  • Aesthetically Indifferent: Visually indistinguishable from a normal lightsaber, and can therefore be used to intimidate or threaten.
Weaknesses:
  • Cannot be set to Full settings such as standard lightsabers used by Jedi and Sith (Non-Fatal).
  • Lightsaber Resistent Materials: Cortosis for example will short out the blade if the two are met in contact with one another.
  • Low frequency blade: The training lightsaber is catered to younglings and learners, and is therefore not fit for battle nor able to cut through solid materials. Immobilizing Foes takes a great amount of effort, setting to high frequency and aiming for the face being the best option though otherwise packs too little a punch for real combat scenarios.
  • Low Settings: Stings upon contact with the physical body, resulting in a bruise.
  • High Settings: Burns upon contact with the Physical Body and Clothing.

[member="Bekk Mag'ra"],

Bekk Mag'ra said:
Affiliation: Mass Produced.
Hey bud. Don't think that goes there. ;)

Bekk Mag'ra said:
Production: Unique.
You have this at unique Production but mention here.

Bekk Mag'ra said:
Issued to all Students who are Initiated into the Jedi Order of today, whether they be members of the Jedi Praxeum or the Jutrand Academy,
As though it has a higher prooduction. So I recommend making this at a "Semi-unique" production as a full fledged lightsaber, OR you can have this at limited production, without any lightsaber crystals in it.

You can create "hilts" or styles of lightsabers at whatever production you wish. However, you cannot make "Full fledged" Lightsabers at any production over Semi-Unique. Let me know what you decide to do with this.

[member="Auberon"]

Oh dear...-This is why I shouldn't be making Submissions when over-tired, thanks mate!

I've made the appropriate edits, and changed the production to Semi-Unique.

Let me know if there's any other concerns, and hopefully I'll get the notification, unfortunately the site neglected to inform me of your response, sorry about that!

[member="Bekk Mag'ra"], The site has been having quite a few problems as of late. However, I find no other problems with this. Just a nice standard saber for those who don't feel like making something extra special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom