Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi, Imperials, and a Word From Our Sponsor

[member="Galven Solomon"]​
D R A L L
The Corellia Digital Building

Their mystery client had proved a most curious customer.

The programmers, mostly [member="Marque"] had outdone themselves. Something that the young Anzat had come to expect, or perhaps took for granted. If he wasn't careful, Firemane or Sasori Research would snatch his engineers right out from underneath him. There was some genius there, and no small amount of talent. But, while the circumstances of their employment might not, as of yet, be clear... the challenges posed by their client's preferences were more tangibly addressed.

Really, it was less the client's preferences and more the desire to push the envelope. Design a secure operating environment, for no other reason than to beg an answer to the question of whether it could be done.

And if they could turn a profit from it, so much the better.

It was with that in mind, that the boy took a seat behind his desk within the corporate headquarters of the growing company on Drall. The expansive glasteel windows behind him portrayed the Boiling Sea, visible from the cliffs on which the Corellia Digital Building had been erected. A holographic keyboard served as an intangible interface, as the boy tapped out a quick notice in response to the work that had been commissioned by their mysterious benefactor.

This "Tiberius."

//

To: Tiberius

Subject: New Hardware

Reference: Corellia Digital Contract CD137-2E27-844

1. The hardware requested is now available for delivery. Installation costs and fees are as per the industry standard.

2. Purchase of a software license will be required for installation of O/S CRESH. O/S CRESH is proprietary to the above referenced contract. Pursuant to the agreement, the Corellia Digital Corporation retains all trademarks, copyrights, intellectual property rights, and claims as to the computer code. TIBERIUS holds exclusive rights as to use of the software.

3. Please provide galactic coordinates and timeloc (Galactic Standard Time) proposed for installation. If system registry is required, please inform requisite authorities to expect arrival of a Corellian YT-2400 registered out of Druckenwell, Techno Union. Identicode ALDERAAN QUEEN//CEC47115-28917-K8M9JO.

4. I look forward to working more on this project. I will oversee the work personally.

Sincerely,
S. J. XANTHA
President & Chief Executive Officer
Corellia Digital

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Galve had received the HoloNet message and he was happy, quite happy. He had sent along contact information to the Correllia Digital just after the meeting they had, just to make things easier. Now his next plan of action was going to be serious, it was goibg to break many of his own rules, and he was a little stressed about it, but had hopes he could trust the boy. He routed to his financials on his Datapad and tranaferred the hefty amount of credits, with bonus for the speed it was all created. He didn't respond however, as he was nearby on the planet, enjoying a meal. He had stayed close and ready for the next mission he had. How does he know the boys whereabouts? He works for two secret organizations, one massive, and he lived in a galaxy with mostly substandard security and hardware, and kept tabs and found information easily.

He immediately finished his visit at the restaurant to leave for the Correllia Digital building. Upon walking into the lobby, he greeted the front desk. "Greetings, if you would, inform the owner of the establishment that Tiberius has arrived. I'm sure he wishes to see me, we have a crucial contract together."

The omnipresent nickel-plated 3PO series protocol droid immediately recognized the referenced 'Tiberius' moniker.

Rather than show the man to one of the meeting rooms of the building's ground floor, the silvery droid led the man up a winding staircase to the upper floor. A departure from the corporate board room of the entry, the upper floor of the building was the personal residence of the young Jedi. Arriving at the top of the stair flight, the man was presented with a sitting room framed by bookshelves which extended from floor to ceiling on either side. The back wall was a series of expansive glasteel panels, supplying an unbroken view out on the Boiling Sea and the cliffs on which the building had been erected.

The tawny haired boy was standing on a librarian's footstool, holding an archaic-looking datapad as he read aloud, "I confess that I have been as a blindworm, but it is better to learn wisdom late than never to learn it at all..." Trailing off, the boy tapped the edge of the pad against the flat of his palm as he seemed to contemplate the meaning for a moment. Then, looking over at his newfound guest, said only, "Sal-Dorma, Ninth Century B-B-Y."

The archival text in hand, the boy stepped down from the short ladder. When he had come closer, he bowed respectfully in greeting. Then, straightening up, motioned for the man to have a seat in one of the oversized leather chairs which featured the middle section of the sitting room cast between the bookshelves of the former Jedi Archaeologist. "Something to drink, Mister Tiberius?" the boy inquired, with a glance back toward the droid as though to confirm its continued presence. "Tea? Brandy?"

He followed the protocol droid without issue, liking the swiftness of the visitation. Upon reaching the young CEO he overheard something that he was speaking into his datapad. He paid no mind to what the words were, forgetting it quickly as it was probably something confidential. As the CEO asked for him to sit and if he wanted a drink, he shook his head no softly and smiled. "No thank you, I wanted to speak to you on your feats. The Operating system, my engineers got it working on my datapad, and it is wonderful. My ships are arriving here soon to make the pick ups for the hardware. I wanted to thank you, but if you were not busy, the facility is ready today, and we would arrive as my engineers were installing the hardware."

Tiberius certainly moved quickly.

Nodding the boy passed the datapad that he'd been holding off to the protocol droid for her to file back on the library shelf. "Excellent. We'll have the landing pad ready to receive your ships," the youth remarked, as he held up his left arm. Swiping his right finger across the face of the hololink, the boy casually tapped the command into the miniaturized device, so to alert the shipping and receiving droids to prepare the landing pad and stand-by to load Tiberius' order onto the ships.

"I've been looking forward to seeing this facility," the boy remarked, looking back up as his arms dropped back by his sides.

Galven nodded, "Yes, well, we have just a slight problem. I'm not sure how you'll feel about this." Galven relaxed and straightened his suit, taking a breath. "You see, I'm the head of a secret organization. It isn't evil, we aren't bad people, no worries. But this facility is the home of this organization. It's location and existence must be kept a secret. I can take you there, now, but I can't have you near any view ports or terminal accesses. Basically, we will require you to leave behind any electronic devices, and ask that you sit in a cell until we would arrive. I am willing to sit in the cell with you so you don't feel alone or a prisoner. You will be returned in much the same way. I tell you this so you can back out. We promise no harm will come to you or anything you own, it's just for precautions. More to protect you than anything, as we don't need anyone finding out you know the location and trying to get it out of you. I hope for you to be a long time future ally."

Ah, secrets.

Next he'd say that 'Tiberius' wasn't even his name. Scandalous! "Depending on who you ask..." the boy began, hoping to cast some context into the discussion. "...and the prevailing political winds, I've been branded a terrorist a time or two." Or three, even. Who would keep count?

"So I'm familiar with such secrecy," the boy stated finally. Looking the man over, the young Jedi sized the man up. He sensed no deception. If anything, the ambient emotions he could pick up indicated that 'Tiberius' were being forthright. Guarded, certainly. But forthright.

"I accept your terms," the boy offered finally.

He nodded and smiled, "Good, my personal ship is in orbit, my shuttle is nearby. If you are willing, and able, we can leave now. If you choose to wait, things may change later."

Removing the comlink from around his wrist, the boy passed the device off to the droid.

Clasping his hands down in front of himself, the boy inclined his body in a slight bow toward the man. "We may leave at your leisure," the boy remarked. And then straightened back up, as he waited for Tiberius to lead the way. This would certainly be interesting. If nothing else, the experience ought to prove enlightening. More so if the facility they were going to was a relic of the Clone Wars as the man had indicated.

Any opportunity to review history was a welcome one.

---------- Time Transit Sometime Later ----------​
He had to leave Sor-Jan for a quick moment to speak with his men, so he had been gone for only a few minutes. When Sor-Jan had came aboard, all the men were dressed in old torn SMuggler or Mercenary gear. It was a Marauder-class Corvette. The men seemed to act more professional than ordinary SMugglers, only one man seemed to act out of place among then, seemingly commanding the men under Tiberious. It seemed quick, as soon as he left, he had came back, opening the cell door and entering the room. "Alright, we are arriving at the planet now. I've only showed this place to two people ever, and you're the second. Let's be formal, shall we?" Tiberius extended his hand in a hand shake and smiled. "I am Galven Solomon, Leader and savior of the people of G.O.M.M., the Galactic Overwatch of Military Minarchy. It's a relatively new name... we were once called the New Imperial Order, but we felt the Imperial name would scare people."

Having been raised in the monastic environment of the Jedi Temple, the cell hadn't bothered him.

When 'Tiberius' was present, the boy was happy to engage in conversation. Otherwise, he simply meditated quietly. Some Jedi became restless after a few minutes of meditation. Any Jedi Consular worth his salt was capable of meditating uninterrupted for hours. So, whether accompanied or alone, the boy passed their time in transit without complaint.

When they had arrived, as the boy had hoped, the questions started giving way to answers. Of course, like all good answers they only begged more questions. But there would be time for that later. "Mister Solomon," the boy intoned, with a slight bow, at last able to make introductions to the actual man he was working with as opposed to his nomme de guerre. Straightening back up, the boy remarked, "Time was, I'd have agreed with you about the name 'Imperial.'"

Sad day that was no longer the case. "Now, I think the galaxy has more to fear from the word 'Republic,'" the boy offered candidly.

But, enough about politics. "May I have a moment to look around?" the boy inquired, somewhat wistfully. It wasn't all curiosity. He wanted to put actual eyes on some of the places that the servers were to be installed, so to confirm the schematics they had been provided.

Galven agreed, "We need to take the shuttle again, we don't have any space docks yet, and the base isn't large enough for this Marauder. Even if it was, there's too much old wreckage for it to ever fit." Galven turned, opening the cell door while grinning, "The LAAT's and ARC-170 wreckages are stuffed all inside in pieces, along with an Arquitens-class." Thinking the buy would like to hear such things. He gestured to follow him to the hangar bay. Now, the soldiers who were dressed in old smuggler and mercenary gear were in specially colored Stormtrooper armor. One who was obviously of higher rank, saluted the boy who was walking out.

Following along beside Galven, the boy thought about protesting the salute.

He wasn't a General anymore. Even then, he hadn't appreciated the protocol. All things being equal, he returned the salute and kept it moving.

"I may be able to help you clear some of the wreckage," the boy offered simply. He'd told the man that he'd served in the Clone Wars, so it was safe to assume the man knew that the boy was, or had been, a Jedi Knight. Thus, probably also safe to assume that the man had some idea of what the boy may be capable of.

But, for the moment, the boy merely boarded the shuttle and awaiting the next step of their journey.

The Stormtrooper had saluted the boy, did it out of respect, as the man under the mask was Viskis, Galven's more or less second in command, Viskis knew that allowing this boy to see what Galven has worked for, for years, meant something, something serious. Galven would never risk the location of his base, or what he was doing, to someone meaningless or totally random. This person could truly help the new faction, as long as he didn't betray them.

"I think we have that handled. Come on, you'll see." Galven said.

-----​
As they landed on the planet and the shuttle was about to open its doors, Viskis was aboard with a few other Stormtroopers, with Galven and the boy, acting as security. Galven nudged Viskis, which in turn alerted Viskis, grabbing a couple breathing masks and handing them to him. Galven handed one to the boy and fitted his on. "The original base used to have an interior and exterior forcefield system on the entrances to the Hangar, connecting to the inside of the base and the outside. The atmosphere isn't very breathable here, and you might feel a little light." As the shuttle touched down and the ramp opened, the Stormtroopers filed out. A somewhat desert planet was exposed to the boy.

Two GE-PSD Droids were standing outside the shuttle, giving a salute to Galven as he exited. Many of these droids could be seen patrolling the outside of the base. The specially colored Stormtroopers were working around the area, moving supplies, pulling out wreckage, breaking things down. It was a very small construction site, but busy. "When we get to the deeper areas where the server room is, we have a contained area so we won't need these. Unfortunately, I can't have my men sleep here because of the atmosphere... yet... which is why I had these droids created." He said as they continued walking, the massive hangar door wasn't even the whole hangar, it would go inside deep, almost like a dead drop behind it. At one time, it seemed it had massive towering blast doors, but they had since... fallen inside... and caused damage.

The boy accepted the breath mask and slipped it on.

Did he need it? Likely not. However air exchange took place in their bodies, it was at a level that even medical science was at a loss to explain. According to the medical droids, Sor-Jan wasn't even alive. Still, wearing the breath mask was the human thing to do. And part of being Anzati was that the humanity too quickly slipped away. Little reminders were good, for maintaining the illusion if for no other reason.

The droids were impressive. And also somewhat ironic. If this was a Clone Wars era facility, then the clones would have been trying to keep the droids out. And now, here they were, stormtroopers and droids working hand in hand, side by side.

Perhaps that was just the progressive nature of time to alter things so that they were as such. The more things changed, the more they tended to stay the same. Or so the boy had discovered. "You've done some impressive work," the boy noted. Particularly given the age of the ruins.

Galven approached the massive hangar door, but was moving towards the right of it. There was a droid standing nearby as if guarding something, and as they got closer, Sor-Jan could see there was a small access door beside the large hangar door. "Yes, we've gotten some small things working. And most of the rewiring is there, just have to connect everything." He grinned, as he activated the door, a small panel being uncovered as Galven entered a code, causing the door to open. "It's the little things." He huffed in a grin, continuing inside."

Following, the boy gave a nod.

"This should be quite impressive once you've finished," the youth noted aloud. Which wasn't just speculation. The facility seemed quite impressive. And the wreckage presented some museum quality artifacts that curators from Bastion to Chazwa to Lorrd would likely pay through the nose for.

News about the wiring was good. That would speed things up once he got started assembling the servers and loading the operating system. "How long do you estimate that should take?" the boy inquired, curiously.

"The main hub," he started, "The communication room, isn't operational right now. We're havibg trouble with some left over Chompers in the ventilation. But my men are already getting a terminal set up in the server room. Mind you, we have a temporary power supply at the moment, it isn't supposed to give out a lot of juice. Also, the turbo lifts are... Kind of destroyed at the bottom of the facility, we have to walk. By the the we get there, my engineers will have been able to get everything set up. Before, we were using a standard knock off terminal. The entire server is heavily encrypted." Galven realizing something before letting the boy speak, "oh! Don't worry, we're only going down 10 floors. There's 40 in the whole place, and the last floor is still full of maalraas."

That was a lot of work to do.

And obviously his men had already put a great deal more work into getting the facility this far along. "You definitely don't shy away from the hard work," the boy noted. A compliment, and one he meant sincerely, as he followed alongside Galven. Ten flights of stairs wasn't bad. He was lazy enough to have wanted a turbolift, but he'd done forty or more flights of steps as a Jedi at one point or another. Particularly when he'd been a padawan learner.

"This should be quite impressive once you're fully operational," the boy remarked, glancing up at the man.

"It's a passion of mine... to rebuild it... but that's something for another time. Thank you for assisting me in this matter."

-----​
Eventually after walking for a little while, surely less than an hour, they arrived at the server room. "After you," Galven said patiently, pointing at the door in an 'after you,' gesture. When Sor-Jan entered the room he'd realize how big it was, and how nearly destroyed it looked. Construction lights littered the room and the light barely reached the ceiling, if it did. Some troopers had been working with the servers in the room and getting the new terminals connected as best they could. Some of the droids seen earlier could be seen patrolling farther into the room where it was darkest. "The server room seems to be something of a minor back up of intelligence. For what, we don't know." Galven said, walking in behind the boy. "Whatever this place was, we've only been able to figure out... it wasn't some random outpost. It was a fully active base of operations." Galven grinned, looking down, then looking up at the boy. "Well, have at it, why don't you? But... when you unlock it, please do... let me see the contents first."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom