Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Jedi-Class Stealth Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
2j1sr4p.jpg

Image Source: http://i58.tinypic.com/2j1sr4p.jpg
Affiliation: The Jedi Order of the Galactic Republic
Manufacturer: The Galactic Republic
Model: Jedi-Class Stealth Starfighter
Modularity: none
Production: Limited
Material: Fiberplast, Reflec
Classification: Starfighter
Length: 12 meters
Height: 7 meters
Width: 3 meters

Armament: 18
- 4 x Laser Cannons
- 2 x MG7-A Proton Torpedo (carrying 4 each for a total of 8 torpedos)
- 2 x Jedi Shadow Bomb

Squadron Count: 6

Special Features:

- Basic Warhead Countermeasures Launcher (10 Chaff bursts or 7 Flares)
- Encrypted Communications Array
- Dual shielded (Ray Shield + Particle Shield)
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Navigational Systems
- Standard Sensor Array
- Advanced Targeting Systems
- Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
- Capable of entering hyperspace
- LLT-11 Caecius Drive System
- Sensor negator
- Gravitic Modulator
- Photon Absorber
- Thermal Dissipator
- LLT-13 Blackest Night Stealth System

Maneuverability Rating: 2-3 (when stealth settings activated maneuverability affected)
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: x1

Strengths:
- Heavy shielding
- Stealth capabilities

Weaknesses:
- No room for astromech droid
- Some offensive capability lost to accommodate upgraded systems

Description: Following the loss of the Stealth X, the Jedi Starfighter Corps needed a replacement fighter capable of handling the demands of the Jedi Order. Out of this need the Jedi-Class Heavy Starfighter was developed to help bolster the armada of the Jedi Order. However, while packing a punch, the Jedi-Class Heavy Starfighter lacked the stealth capabilities that the Stealth X had supplied the Jedi Starfighter Corps. In order to overcome this, the Galactic Republic, at the request of the Jedi Order, commissioned the construction of a stealth fighter based on the Jedi-Class Heavy Starfighter design.

Contacting Lucerne Labs, the Galactic Republic acquired the LLT-11 Caecius Drive System to function as the stealth drive for the starfighter. However, due to the slower maneuverability rating of the Jedi-Class Heavy Starfighter, and the effects on maneuverability of the Caecius Drive System, the ship was redesigned in order to improve maneuverability. The vessel, at its basic settings has the maneuverability of a typical X-Wing, while at its highest stealth settings has maneuverability comparable to the Jedi-Class Heavy Starfighter.

In order to accommodate the changes to the starfighter, the Ion Cannons had to be removed and smaller torpedo tubes were placed on the ship, lowering the number of torpedos from 12 to 8. While these changes lowered the offensive capabilities of the starfighter, a second Shadow Bomb was added to try and offset this difference (for a total of 2 Shadow Bombs).

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60171-stealthing-up-a-starfighter-republic/
Intent: To provide the Jedi of The Jedi Order a stealth variant of the Jedi-Class Heavy Starfighter.
Who Can Use This: Only Jedi of the Galactic Republic.
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/56375-jedi-class-heavy-starfighter/

Kian Karr said:
ECHO Copycat Mk 2: Kaleido was installed on the fighter
The ECHO Copycat Mk 2: Kaleido is affiliated with a different faction and cannot be put into use for the Galactic Republic without a change to its affiliation from The Rebel Alliance to either a non-faction affiliated status or to The Galactic Republic.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Hello, could I get this archived for now. I have edited to add a few things I was told I was missing to make it an actual stealth vessel (I'm sill a bit of a noob at this) and I am waiting to see what software I can put on in replace of the ECHO.

Kian Karr said:
Additionally, the ECHO Copycat Mk 2: Kaleido was installed on the fighter in order to allow for the interception of enemy communications.
This was also removed earlier in the special features and seems to have been overlooked in the description, could you remove that?

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

I have removed the mention of the ECHO (my bad on missing that!).

Additionally I increased the speed to 3. I also put the maneuverability from 2 to 2-3 and indicated that maneuverability is reduced to 3 when the stealth systems are activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom