Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jedi Alchemized Healing Bracers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/96/6a/1a/966a1a1d1f3481fbed4d03e3d2f3a798.jpg
Intent: To create an armored set of bracers with the capability of healing through controlled use of Force Energy
Development Threads: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/96325-returning-home-and-radical-experiments-pm-to-join-unless-tagged/#entry1399420(Forging)
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/94499-lets-hope-they-dont-recognize-me-phrik-mining-on-arkania/(Phrik Mining)
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/96114-preserving-the-past/#entry1396888%C2%A0(Alchemic knowledge and Crystals used)
Manufacturer: Celiana Drayven
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Celiana
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Alchemized Crystals, Phrik Plates, Terantatek Leather, Body mesh sleeve lined with electronic components to adjust the fit to the wearer's body proportions.
Classification: Bracer
Weight: .5 kg
Quality: 4
Special Features: Phrik plating makes the bracers resistant to Lightsabers and the Terantatek leather makes it resistant to Force Powers
Strengths: The Phrik plating and Terantatek leather provide a resistance to both Sabers and Force Powers respectively. Channels Lightside use of The Force to greater degree and with greater control. The user can use these bracers to augment their use of Lightsided Force powers to a slightly higher and more efficient level but the greatest strength is in the healing capabilities.
Weaknesses: This is simply a piece of armor it is not meant to protect the whole body. More than anything this is a way to channel The Force for healing purposes as it's main strength and as such is not specifically geared towards combat. Channeling The Force for combat use will result in degradation of the crystals. While it is sturdy the electronics of the bracer are fragile and can be destroyed. The crystals while Alchemically treated to be stronger are still just crystals shatter them and severely limit the usefulness.
Description: Celiana was interested in being able to channel The Force to a higher degree for healing purposes and after having done research into Sith alchemic artifacts decided to create a Jedi counterpart. The alchemically treated crystals have been fused to the Phrik plates and bolted to the Terantatek leather. Through the alchemical process the crystals were strengthened with their fusion to the Phrik plates they act as a reservior of Force Energy that can be channeled to heal herself or others. By placing her hand against the skin of herself or others it creates a conduit for The Force energies to flow from the crystals and to the targeted areas assisting and greatly speeding recovery. While altered heavily through The Force most of the components are organic and can be damaged thus while it is strong against sabers and The Force it shouldn't be used in battle.
Primary Source: N/A

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Celiana"]

After review, I think this is pretty much good to go. There's one substantive question: could you please expand upon how a Force-nulling artifact enhances Force abilities? I think I see your internal logic - the hide over the crystals - but if you can flesh that out it'd be good.

The only other issue is that the Factory has a rule: we only accept development threads of 10+ posts. Since your short thread has long posts, could you split up your posts into 10, or add more posts to reach the threshold? It's dumb, but it's a rule.

yeah haha that's not a problem splitting it up into ten posts. and yes that was my thought process was that the hide was the force nulling but that the part with the design, the etched phrik plates had been fused with the crystals into a solid piece. Any suggestions on how I could clarify that?

I understand what you're saying. But the phrik plate is actually a separate part to the leather and simply bolted together could I perhaps clarify that? Also just got done separating the dev thread out into 10 different posts. so theres that

[member="Celiana"]

Different physical configurations could work, like we've been discussing - you could get creative with that. Or you could do something like-

Y'know what, screw it. I've seen many terentatek leather subs approved, and most didn't make any restriction on Force use. You've put in the work, go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom