Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Jast Whisperlite Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
scout_ship_by_st_pete-d65cm8x.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a dedicated scout shuttle
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link:
  1. Mass Driver
  2. Ion Scrambler
  3. Reflec
  4. SLAM System
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jast Shipwright Co.
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Jast Shipwright Co./Open Market
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Shuttle
  • Length: 13m
  • Width: 4m
  • Height: 3m
  • Armament: Very Low
  1. 1x-Mini Mass Driver
  • Defenses: Low
  • Squadron Count: 1
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive Class: .3
SPECIAL FEATURES

• 1x- Modded SLAM (Salvaged)
  • 1x- Ejection seat W/ Locator beacon
  • 1x- Life support module
  • 1x- Advanced Nav Computer
  • 1x- Advanced Sensor Package
  • 1x-Reflec Coating
  • 1x- Ion Scrambler
  • 1x- Crew Quarters
Strengths:

• Extreme Speed: The Jast Whsiperlite is not made for combat but rather for getting oneself and crew from point A to point B as fast as possible. The SLAM system helped wit this, allowing the engines to go into overdrive
  • Advanced Scouting Tech: The Jast Whisperlite can serve as a scout, with advanced Nav and sensor packages allowing her to snoop at long range
  • Reflec Coating: The Reflec coating on the hull bends light in such a way it adds an element of stealth to the Whisperlite. It confuses sensors, and makes it difficult to spot with the naked eye. It can still be picked up with a dedicated scan or search though.
  • Ion Scrambler: Untraceable communications add another element of sneak to her arsenal
  • Extreme Range: The Whisperlite lone cannon can pick off a fighter at long ranges, though it is not advisable to do so in a hostile situation.
Weaknesses:
  • Weak dorsal plating: A Hit on this vehicles belly can have devastating consequences. The plating here is weaker as it was not expected to be exposed in normal operations.
  • Low Weapons Count: The best the Whisperlite can hope to tangle with is singular opponents and maybe two fighters at a time. When missiles and shields start getting added into the mix, it is best to turn and run, rather than get scuffed up.
  • SLAM system power issue: While the SLAM system is working overdrive, the rest of the shuttles systems save life support must shut down, due to power redirection.

Description:

Following the Jast philosophy of speed as your friend, the Whisperlite Shuttle was born. Using much of the same principles as the J-95 Headhunter, the Whisperlite was added as a multi-role shuttle. The primary mission of the Whisperlite Engineers was to get their people from point A to point B in the shortest time possible. The secondary a recon scout.

To do that, other systems were sacrificed, including weapons and shields. A notable addition was the addition of Reflec and Untraceable comms. That made it harder for her to be picked off, though not impossible. The
Whisperlite is best for a recon mission, or quick run in and out of situations. If it takes too much a of beating in combat, she will fall apart.

It can be noted that like all Jast models, the Whisperlite is very user friendly, with a basic layout that lends itself very much to custom modding.

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Hala Jast"]

I'm not comfortable with having all the passive stealth technologies go at Minor. I'll ask that you bring the production down to Limited.

Next, after reviewing your weaknesses I'll ask that you change Pricey. This is not a substantial weakness when writing with other players, I'll also ask that you combine Weak Defense / Low Weapon Count as they're essentially the same weakness. Lastly, I'll ask that you provide me with a brand new weakness that works when writing against other players.

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Hala Jast"]

I'm still going to ask that you add an additional weakness to balance out the ship before I can pass it on to secondary.

Weak dorsal plating: A Hit on this vehicles belly can have devastating consequences. The plating here is weaker as it was not expected to be exposed in normal operations.

This was the one I added.

I just cut out the weak defense and made a more tangible weakness as was asked.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Hala Jast"]

Please add an additional weakness, I initially asked you to combine your low weapons and weak defenses, and rather than change your initial pricey weakness you removed it completely. You still have a ship that can easily get in and out of most situations.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

I'm going to have to formally request my second chance option.

It is stated in the templates that only One minimum weakness is required, and I feel that I have balanced this submission well based on other examples I have seen. All weaknesses are very tangible in a PVP environment, and tech is all cannon (Non Restricted)

Thank you for your patience.

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Hala Jast"]

Thread will be archived, you can have it pulled for second chance to have the submission reviewed.

[member="Cira"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag Raziel, Jamie, or Cira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom