Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarhead

Ansion was one of those picturesque worlds, perfect for some sentimental shot of a farmer and his family amidst the plains of wheat. War had not touched this planet in quite sometime, and it was astoundingly ignored by the neighbor Republic--which made it the optimal agricultural locale to purchase food supplies and the like for a relatively unpopular group.

But today was not about business. It was about the vitality of the Rebellion. Geneviève had gotten word on an up-and-coming warrior of the Mandalorian culture who was interested in the Alliance's cause. And after this person's profile had gone through the rigorous screening of Rebel intelligence and been deemed legitimate, Gen had detected some potential. She would take the risk and meet this [member="Mirta Kar"] in person.

Not only was Ansion a quiet little breadbasket, but it was also conveniently situated in neutral territory just between both the Republic and Mandalorian nations. It was, by Lasedri's standards, a perfect spot for such a meeting. And so she stood alone, unprotected but not unarmed, in a great field on the outskirts of Korumdah. Her darkly-clad figure stood out ominously amidst the strands of grain as the wind blew about the wheat and rustled her raven hair. It was almost the appointed time. Hopefully, this would turn out well for the Rebels and the future at large.

Mirta smile, not wearing her usual bit of mandolorian armor but a dress and a rather expensive looking krayt pearl on her neck. She smiled looked at the woman, not worried since her whole body was a weapon. Mirta's muscles had the defined look of a warrior as she walked around in heavy beskar armor in ease. She had to admit that this was an interesting choice for a meeting place. "Not everyday I get to spend a day on the farm. " She joked to the woman as she approached. Mirta had felt it best to leave the speeder a while away and come on foot. It would draw less attention.

" I hope I didn't keep you waiting, it took a little longer than expected getting here." She smiled and extended her hand in greeting. After all a handshake told alot about a person. That was what she believe anyways. " I was a bit surprised at your offer to be honest." She said not believing she had actually found a post as general. The mando's didn't seem to like her much but perhaps that was her own doing, staying out of the way and all.

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Geneviève had not been expecting her hopeful general to be wearing a dress, of all things. Not armor, of course, but something a little more mobile. This one either had the guts or was just overwhelmingly vain--which the Benefactor did not believe, considering her Mandalorian heritage. She nodded approval. The Rebellion could use a little bit of polish here and there. But not too much polish. This was just right.

"I can't say I'm entirely fond of farms," she replied. "But someone has to do it for the rest of us to eat." An interesting, though entirely true notion. Perhaps she should invest a little more heavily into this world.

Accepting Mirta's hand, Gen's lips curled up just enough to indicate an attempt at a smile. "I can't say too much for your pilots, but I don't know who would be more desirable to lead a group of soldiers than a Mando like yourself. Your reputation means little to me, as long as it's not a bad one."

[member="Mirta Kar"]

"I am honored to be chosen, I think we can do great things, if we can just get through the tough times. The cause is admirable and must be carried out. I am your woman for anything you might need. I must ask though why me?" she said with a face that spoke she thought less of herself than obviously Gevevieve though. " Farms are important, but food isn't the only thing we need if we are to survive, what are our military resources like?" She asked trying to get a handle on the situation. " I mean after all surely you don't beat the to death with vegetables. " She giggled.

"You're a nobody. That's why you're perfect." Geneviève loved to dwell in the unpredictable. "There's no way but up for you, as long as you try. All I have to know is that you're resilient as a woman and resourceful as a Mandalorian." It had worked for her with General Mrrew. And it would maintain the anonymity that the Rebellion emphasized. The less anyone knew about their members, the better.

Lasedri sniffed what might pass for a chuckle at the implication of fighting with vegetables. "Food is the easy part. Though it can be a weapon. Keep that in mind, because we will be controlling next to nothing, and the galaxy could have us at its mercy if we're not smart enough." It was not a likely scenario, considering the fact that the galaxy's powers hardly agreed on anything and would probably never collaborate just to starve out a small group like the Alliance. Then again, becoming complacent was the first step towards death. "We have starfighters, primarily. And we have plenty of guns and will be obtaining personal stealth devices through an agreement of sorts shortly.

"Honestly," she continued, "Our best weapons are what you bring to the table. And I think you know something about that, being Mandalorian."

[member="Mirta Kar"]

"Well it sounds good to me, I am all for it, I think our first missions should be to secure sources of funding. I don't know how moral or legal you want to operate though. We just need to create ways to secure credits. I mean surely we mean to survive somehow. Once we have that, I would like to ensure that we outfit our marines well, as star fighters are great.. but not what I need, I need men and women, and for them to trust me I need equipment for them to use that won't fail them. Then we will be at your beck and call Miss." She smiled and wondered what she thought of her plan. " So what sort of operations do you see us doing exactly?" She asked curious what sort of a role the marines played in this organization

"We're hardly legal," Gen replied, raising an eyebrow in devious fashion. "Morally, we don't mess much with innocents. That would include the spice trade--we don't go there. Military and cartel targets are fair game, though.

"With the Marines, I see it more as guerrilla and commando units. We can't survive on a ground assault--and I would opine that no military should maintain that strategy, anyway. I want you to help us think like Mandos. Targets are to be eliminated without unnecessary confrontation otherwise. Kill and don't be killed."

[member="Mirta Kar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom