Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jan Valdum's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
desert_warrior_by_andyfil-d4hh6aq.png

Image Source: http://andyfil.deviantart.com/art/desert-warrior-271219490 By AndyFil
Intent: To create Jan Valdum's makeshift armor
Development Thread: N/A

Description-"Use everything for Anything" would be he quote to best describe Jan's armor. The armor is an assortment of metals and hides found in the Dunes of Tatooine. Every piece Jan found and earned, and every piece has a story. The armor is considered medium. It is not heavy enough to slow Jan down, but good enough to take most forms of damage. Jan regularly repairs and mods the armor, depending on what he finds on the Dunes....or from his mercenary work. Jan regularly paints the armor, or switches out the cloths for different environments. Whether out hunting Krayt Dragons in the Dunes, or stealthy sneaking through a gangster infested warehouse at night, Jan is ready for most situations with this armor.

Production Information
Manufacturer: Jan Valdum
Model: Scrap and Salvage
Affiliation: Scavenger and Mercenary
Modularity: Yes, components can be updated, replaced, added on all gear.
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Alum, Krayt Dragon Hide and various droid and ship components

Technical Specifications
Classification: Scrap and Salvage
Weight: 22kg
Plates: 13
Armor Weave: 8
(these are components of armor, and cloth making up the armor)
Armor Quality: 7

Special Features
Blaster Resistant and Slugthrower Resistant (Plates create a solid barrier that is resistant to most forms of blaster fire, as well as many slugthrowers)
Fire Resistant (Thermal gel from within the armor shields the wearer's body from external heat and flame)
EMP/Ion Resistant Helmet, ventilation mask attached to helmet
Camouflage(Changed based on environment)

Armor
Thermal Gel
Temperature Regulator,
Hermetically Sealed, Sealing Foam
Power Pack
Internal heating / cooling system
Portable Oxygen Tank (1 hours)
Krayt hide gloves and Bantha robes
Helmet Components
Voice Modgilator
HUD
Infrared / Nightvision
Vehicle Voice Control
Advanced Radar (Under Helmet heading and motion sensor)
Polarizing Visor
Broadband Antenna (Built into helmet)
Internal Microcomputer
10x Zoom
Bantha hide hood

Chest
Knife sheath (upper left, right)
x2 ammo pouch (stomach)
pouch filled with adrenaline stims

Back
Compacted Pack
Power Pack
x2 Back-Mounted Magnetic Rifle Holster
Medkit (Lower back,)

Shoulders
Full elbow armor
Life Form Analyzer( attached to left arm)

Right
Smaller reduced plating
Extra padding to pad for extensive uses of shouldering rifles

Left
high powered flashlight and camera.

Gauntlet Components

Left
Knuckleplate vibroblade

Right
Knuckleplate vibroblade
Multi-Tool
Electronic Lock Breaker

Tactical Belt/Bandolier
Large satchel (front)
Bag satchel (left side)
Knife sheath (rear)
Ammo and other pouches [Concussion grenades (3),Fragmentation Grenades (2), Energy Rations, Canteen, Emp Grenades (3)]

Thighs
Left
knife sheath

Right
x2 ammo pouch

Boots
Mag-no Grip boots

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

I have to say, this is a very nice looking sub that just oozes out character to me.

Jan Valdum said:
Plates: 12 Armor Weave: 8

Is this the quality of the armor? Or a break down of its weight by components?

Jan Valdum said:
Stealth dampening systems (Scanner Proof)
Is this something that makes the wearer hard to detect? Or just blocks someone from scanning the person inside from something like a medical scanner or weapons detector?

Jan Valdum said:
Advanced Radar (Under Helmet heading) Infrared, Radar, X-Ray, Life Form Scanners
What makes this radar advanced?

Is the X-ray tech something literally reads x-ray radiation, or is it more like Superman's classic X-ray vision?

Jan Valdum said:
This probably ought to be a little bit lower. While it's hard to find exact numbers, we know that the newest stormtroopers have rifle scopes[url] that have a 8x zoom.

For the armor it is made up if 12 different armor plates that are attached to the body.( head is helemt)
(Front chest, back, front right leg, front left leg, back left leg, back right leg, head, right shoulder, left shoulder, right arm left arm, right boot, left boot
(SO okay it is 13 armor plates or sections)

Armor Weave is cloth material of the armor (Krayt hides, and Bantha fur)
(Back robe in tatters, right hand glove, left hand glove, also over both arms, and lining inside each boot. and face.)

Stealth Dampening System (Scanner Proof)

Make it harder for user to be detected, and hard to scan for weapons (honestly it will only hide knives effectively.)

Advanced Radar
It can pick up movement and heartbeat. (We can get rid of x-ray, you got me there)

Zoom I'll agree

but how about a little higher than stormtroopers, 10x or 9 x zoom?

(made changes where found necessary)

[member="Gir Quee"]

Jan Valdum said:
For the armor it is made up if 12 different armor plates that are attached to the body.( head is helemt) (Front chest, back, front right leg, front left leg, back left leg, back right leg, head, right shoulder, left shoulder, right arm left arm, right boot, left boot (SO okay it is 13 armor plates or sections) Armor Weave is cloth material of the armor (Krayt hides, and Bantha fur) (Back robe in tatters, right hand glove, left hand glove, also over both arms, and lining inside each boot. and face.)
That's fine. We're missing the quality rating then from the armor template:
Quality: (Armor class is a measure of general stopping power. Most light armors would be classified as 1-4, most medium armors would be classified as 5-7, and most heavy armors would be classified as 8-10. However, rare or primitive materials, among other factors, can also affect armor class. For example, stormtrooper armor would be class 5, Mandalore's armor or beskar'kandar would be class 10, and a specially forged suit of personal armor for a high-ranking Force user could be anywhere from class 6-9 or thereabouts, depending on how much effort went into it. Many people choose lower armor classes for their custom armor in a trade off for more powerful equipment or specialized resistances, or simply for more mobility.)
I'd estimate that this is probably somewhere between 6-8, but ultimately the exact quality is your call.

Jan Valdum said:
Stealth Dampening System (Scanner Proof) Make it harder for user to be detected, and hard to scan for weapons (honestly it will only hide knives effectively.)

I'm guessing this comes from the Stygia-triprismatic polymer then? Basic stealth features require a 10 post development thread.

Jan Valdum said:
It can pick up movement and heartbeat. (We can get rid of x-ray, you got me there)
These effects are both doable, but I don't think they'd fit in under radar.

]Motion sensors are pretty well-established in star wars, so I think we're good there.

For the heartbeat, I'd use a Life-form Analyzer.

but how about a little higher than stormtroopers, 10x or 9 x zoom?
I'm fine with either 9x or 10x.

[member="Jan Valdum"], if you could remove "Stygia-triprismatic poylmer," from the materials list and give me the "description" header from the template with a few short sentences about the armor, this will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom