Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jace's DC-17m ICWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091027124644/starwars/images/1/12/DC-17m_Interchangable_Weapon_System.jpg
Intent: personal weapon for Jace Stardasher
Development Thread: /
Manufacturer: BlasTech Industries
Model: DC-17m ICWS
Affiliation: Initially made for commandos of the Old Republic, long since discontinued
Modularity: Has modification potential, but requires a lot of customizing whenever modified due to being an outdated model
Production: Unique modification of an antiquated weapon system
Material: Usual blaster components (not stated for the original)
Classification: Scatterblaster, Sniper rifle, AA Grenade Launcher
Size: Handheld
Length: medium (unstated for the original, I assume it to be around 50cms, with cca. 1m for the sniper version)
Weight: 5 kg
Ammunition Type: Power pack, energy can be changed from different modes
Ammunition Capacity: 8 Scatterblaster, 5 Sniper, 4 AA (each full on a full power pack)
Effective Range: equivalent to most blasters or (when in sniper mode) sniper rifles
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic (sniper & scatterblaster mode), single action for AA mode
Special Features: Can be changed between different modes in a matter of moments, almost never jams, resistant to heat, cold, dust or grime, requires calibration every so often
Description: A heavily modified version of a DC-17m that Jace had looted of a centuries old crash site he had stumbled upon when chasing a certain rogue droid, this particular weapon has since had the blaster rifle mod (which was irreparably broken when Jace found it) replaced with a custom scatterblaster mod, as well as have the ammunition system improved so as to have a more versatile power source, able to power whichever firing mode as long as there is enough power for a single shot. Its greatest strength is its versatility, combining 3 weapons into one that can be changed from one another on the field in little more than a second for those comfortable in its use. The power packs are standard, so they are still readily available today, despite the original model's age. Its biggest weakness is that the energy source can only be recharged by replacing the power pack, which makes it wasteful unless all shots have been previously expended, as well as taking slightly longer to reload due to having to eject the depleted pack beforehand.
Primary Source: /

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Jace Stardasher said:
never jams, resistant to heat, cold, dust or grime
No weapon Never jams, but making it very reliable isn't out of the question.

Jace Stardasher said:
Classification: Shotgun, Sniper rifle, AA Grenade Launcher
Size: Handheld
Length: medium (unstated for the original, I assume it to be around 50cms, with cca. 1m for the sniper version)
Weight: 5 kg
Ammunition Type: Power pack, energy can be changed from different modes
Ammunition Capacity: 8 Shotgun, 5 Sniper, 4 AA (each full on a full power pack)
Effective Range: equivalent to most blasters or (when in sniper mode) sniper rifles
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic (sniper & shotgun mode), single action for AA mode
Questions; Shotgun or Scatterblaster http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scattergun
this is because one is a Slugthrower, the other is a blaster weapon. My suggestion is to go with the Scattergun and Sniper Blaster combo, it works very well and the power draw is similar.

Or if this is meant to be a Variable Caliber Slugthrower, put that in the classification. I'd say the exchange would be a bit longer, though.

It was meant as a blaster weapon, as all 3 modes use the same power source. I don't think it would make sense to change a battery pack's energy into shotgun bullets and back again XD

I basically just copied what the wookieepedia article said about the original weapon from Republic Commando:
Manufactured to a higher level of specification,[5] the DC-17m's design ensured that it never jammed in the presence of excessive heat, cold, dust, or grime, though it required periodic calibration.
I've added an "almost" to make away with that issue, if that's all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom