Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jaana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
big_five__lion_ambush_by_crazyasian1-d73bkzs.jpg

Intent: To create a functional droid that is both unique in its manufacturing and effective as a hunter droid.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Tenloss
Model: BMD-M1
Affiliation: Tenloss, Controlled sales
Modularity: Outside of basic behavioral programming (i.e. determining friends from foes), none.
Production: Limited
Material: Synthbone, Biofiber, Synthskin
Classification: 4th degree
Weight: 190kg
Height: 1.2m
Length: 2.1m
Movement: Quadrupedal
Armaments: Teeth, claws
Misc. Equipment:
  • Multiple vision modes (Infrared, Thermal, Magnetic, Darkvision, Nightvision, etc.)
  • Motion sensors
  • Encrypted Internal Commlink
  • Internal broadband antenna
Strengths:
  • Predator - The Jaana is designed and built around the concept of a predatory hunter. While the droid is of an unorthodox design and construction, the unusual design coupled with studied and copied predatory behavior from similarly bodied biological predators makes the Jaana a force to be reckoned with. Whether on plains, in cities, or through jungle trees, the Jaana is a deadly and efficient hunter.
  • Unique Design - Designed less as a full droid and more along the parameters of some HRD variants, the Jaana is ‘organically’ built. This means that muscles, bones, and even flesh are all synthetic copies of biological materials. Movement and, by extension, reaction times are a mesh of machine and organics, making the Jaana smarter, faster, and far more lethal than ‘living’ counterparts.
  • Armored - While designed as a biomechanical type of droid, the artificially organic design and construction of the Jaana is not noticeable at first. This is because of strategically placed armor plating, constructed of Synthbone, embedded in the Jaana’s synthskin dermis. This helps give some protection to the Jaana while keeping the droid mobile and agile.
Weaknesses:
  • Machine - While the Jaana is constructed of things like Synthskin and biofiber, the droid is incapable of self healing outside of basic self preservation protocols (rerouting internal fluids to prevent fluid loss, for example). Jaana damaged in the field must be repaired manually, requiring specialized tools and trained personnel.
  • Machine, Part Two - Jaana droids may be mechanical constructs, but their design and construction mirrors biological creatures. As such, they suffer from the same limitations biological creatures do when damaged or ‘injured’ (i.e. limited mobility when ‘tendons’ are damaged, confusion from head trauma, blunt force impact to internal components, etc.)
  • Tamper-proof Seal - While there is no actual seal showing evidence of tampering to the Jaana, the message is accurate. Due to programming and the droid’s unique construction, the Jaana cannot be modified outside of friend/foe programming and, perhaps, synthskin coloration. Anything more can and will damage the droid’s cognitive programming which inhibits or disables movement as programmed algorithms become corrupted.
Description:

Originally designed as a proof of concept by Tenloss R&D, the Jaana is the result of various stages of testing and multiple redesigns.

A uniquely designed droid, the Jaana is created to resemble organic predators rather than a simple, mechanical droid. Founded on a Synthbone skeleton and fleshed out with biofiber and synthskin, the Jaana appears as a meld of the organic and the artificial, despite being entirely synthetic. The droid is programmed behaviorally to operate as similarly bodied natural predators throughout the galaxy. This means that, coupled with its organic design, the Jaana is more agile and quick than most other equivalent droids. In addition, this turns the Jaana into a near-natural predator and, as such, it is programmed with various hunting algorithms for a multitude of different terrain types. As a finishing touch, small sections of Synthbone plates were grafted into the Jaana’s synthskin hide. These strategically placed ‘natural’ armor plates grant the Jaana limited protection without sacrificing speed or maneuverability.

The Jaana does have some inherent design flaws, however. First and foremost, despite its construction, it is still a machine. This means that injuries and damage received cannot naturally heal over time and must be attended to by trained personnel with specialized tools. In addition, with the biologically inspired construction of the Jaana, injuries that impeded biological creatures and not droids, such as cut tendons or broken bones for example, can and will cripple the droid. Lastly, the droid cannot be modified outside of basic friend/foe programming and synthskin coloring. This prevents damage and corruption to the droid’s programming which, should modifications be attempted in any form, damage or disable the Jaana’s ability to move and function appropriately.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Popo"]
HRDs and similar things were what we'd call unique or semi-unique, limited at most (the synths in Crucible). I'm cool with a...feline replica droid...but I feel like a proof-of-concept...FRD...would be smaller in production. Let's call it limited, since I'm not really seeing the kind of balance issues that would get me to push for semi-unique. Fair enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom