Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech J3 Hanger Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a unique module for Corellian Engineering freighters
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model: J3 Hanger Kit
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: None
Production: Minor Production
Material: Durasteel
Description: One of the allures of Corellian Engineering ships is their modularity. They can be adapted to practically any need or desire, and Corellian Engineering knows what its customers want. The J3 mod kit is aimed at those who aren't satisfied with only a single craft.

Designed for use on CEC's heavier freighters (All 45+ meter long models), the J3 kit seeks to add an external docking port to the ship. The exact location varies depending on the model of ship, those almost all of them are located near the midline of the ship or back. What exactly is replaced is usually pretty consistent, regardless of the model. For most, it's easier to replace a weapon turret on the exterior as it possesses the structural requirements to handle the additional load. As well, the necessary reinforcements might necessitate the removal of a second weapon emplacement.

The mod kit is not without its perils. By placing an external rig on the freighter, the craft risk being dislodged during extreme combat maneuvers. In order to prevent this catastrophic damage, the freighter's speed and maneuverability are reduced by .5 for each mod kit installed. As well, the necessary superstructure reinforcements to keep the rig from simply ripping out a hole in the hull necessitates a reduction of 250 metric tons in cargo space.

The rig can support two craft on a rotating gyro. Optimal placement is advised as being to the side of the freighter, though the rig can even be placed on a mount to allow it to slide into the ship for easier storage. Certain configurations may make it impossible for the freighter to land while exterior craft are mounted.

In theory, the kit can be used with practically any freighter design, though unusual support beams or superstructure may necessitate additional cargo space be taken.

This mod kit is wholly incompatible with military ships, primarily due to divergent specifications on safety as well as cost saving measures. It would be prohibitively expensive and time-consuming to refit every ship in a military with such kits.

Couple of questions/things:

1) "...a reduction of 250 metrics..." Please clarify. Do you mean cubic meters? Metric tons?

2) Why isn't this kit compatible with military ships?

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks!

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

1) Fixed

2) As a balance, I figure. Most militaries aren't gonna perform after-market modifications on all their ships. As well, I figure most militaries probably have pretty strict guidelines on the quality of their ships and that such a modification wouldn't be up to par. Mostly because the only instance I found of a ship doing thing was a a freighter and I wanted to explicitly preclude the possibility of every military ship doing this later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom