Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars: Episode VII Abrams goes from Trek to Wars...

by Eric Goldman
JANUARY 24, 2013

A new report says that the director for Star Wars: Episode VII has been found and it’s none other than J.J. Abrams. The Wrap is reporting the huge news, saying that Abrams has agreed to direct the highly-anticipated film (to say the least) after months of being courted by new Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy. Just last month, Abrams specifically said he was not going to do the film (indicating he had been asked), but as The Wrap puts it, “The lure of the Jedi was too strong.”
The Wrap goes on to say that Ben Affleck was also in contention for the Episode VII directing gig and speculate how Abrams taking the job might complicate Abrams’ relationship with Paramount, where he’s been directing the Star Trek series, with the second film in the new series, Star Trek Into Darkness, opening this summer. In addition, Abrams has been a producer on the Mission: Impossible series at Paramount, since directing the third film.

The Wrap is a very reliable source for news of this sort, and credit “an individual with knowledge of the production” as their source. They note they reached out to Lucasfilm spokeswoman Lynne Hale, who declined to immediately comment.
The one note of caution here is the recent story about Zack Snyder directing a separate, stand-alone Star Wars film, which was first reported by the also-credible Vulture – only for Snyder’s reps to say it wasn’t true, even as Vulture stood by their sources. Lucasfilm is obviously being secretive with the Star Wars films as negotiations have been going on with directors, so we’ll all be waiting to see when they officially comment on this report that Abrams is the guy making The Movie We’re All Waiting For.

Source: IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/jj-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii?abthid=5101aa1e8edfc2245c0000cc

Ludo Dorian

L
I like what he did with the Star Trek franchise. Things are looking up for us Star Wars fans - this new movie might actually be good.

Every time this issue is brought up of "will it be good or not", I think the same thing... No matter what happens, it's better than no Star Wars movies at all. Plus, J.J. is a very solid choice. I also like the Star Trek reboot. It 'twas very..suave.

Ludo Dorian

L
Honestly I would have rather had no movies at all, than the prequels. They kind of, well, ruined Star Wars. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom