Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Not Business, It's Crystals! [PM to Join]

Daniel Silverton

Musician with a Brain
A final cooing sigh left the barely parted lips pressed just centimeters from a small purple microphone dotted with gold, and just as the ending beats left the buttons and drops of the instruments behind her, the bar began their polite clapping and returned to their business. As the owner of the 'fine' cheap establishment gave his thanks, Daniel swung herself and her purple velvet suit behind her, walking out before the rest of the gang could even gather their instruments. This was the life. Sing, get paid, or dance and get paid more. Unfortunately, people always found her voice more tasteful for her dirt dotted looks on her face rather than something they'd find on the dance floor. It was fine, either way. Rock and electro swing had an interesting combination and not many people in the business of the combination couldn't truly complain all too much about what happened.
The outside air of Coruscant hit like a truck, icy and cold like a bad memory. With a small scowl on her face, her form quickly went to a personal transport and climbed in. She had informed the rest of the band just earlier that she wanted to be alone after this weak spot of luxury, so they didn't have anything to be bothered about. After climbing in the open doors and hearing the hiss of their shut, she made herself quickly comfortable as the pilot got the small ship ready for a tour around the upper limits of Coruscant traffic, something that strangely soothed the young singer's mind.
However, she wasn't only here for peace of mind. Sitting in the well rounded and well decorated room that served as a main relaxation chamber of sorts, she began to toy and fiddle with the main holoprojector in front of her, entering a few series of symbols into the panel that she had to remember times before as not to get any physical form of it into the wrong hands. Her clean form sat properly in the chair, such as someone would sit for an interview or a nervous court meeting, and she waited for the signal to reach it's destination to one of the Hutts of the scenery in the galaxy, and get through the security to allow her soon-to-be supplier a disturbing face-to-face conversation.
| [member="Kelan The Hutt"] |

The Hutt sat in his throne room, perched on top of his throne with a holoprojector placed on a stand in front of him. After sending out the excavation site along with the slaves, he had heard of a potential client from the city filled planet of Coruscant. He had never been a big fan of Coruscant, with all of the politics associated with it. Not to mention that it would have been that much harder to perform the illicit activities on a place that was a universal hotspot for senators and other figures of power. While the slaves mined the crystals out of the excavation site, he would be making a deal to deliver the crystals for a profit. It gave Kelan even more reason to hope for the captain to be correct about his hunch.

Recently accepting the holocomm from the captain, it had been reported that there had been good process so far with only a few unknown creatures. Of course, a few slaves had been killed but he could always find some more with the money that he would receive from it. Waiting impatiently for the holocomm to show up, a request had finally showed up. Whereas the client had never given the actual number, Kelan highly doubted that a convenient prank call would be called. Pressing the 'Accept' button, the hologram of a Twi'Lek showed up, must have been the person.

"Ah, you must have been the character that I have been speaking to before. I would offer you a beverage but I'd just short circuit the holoprojector and we wouldn't get anything done, would we?" Kelan acted confidently, making sure that the Twi'Lek didn't take him as gullible and attempted a scam. "You mentioned before that you could make ANY crystal profitable, so, let's talk business."

Daniel Silverton

Musician with a Brain
Hutts. Something Daniel as a Twi-lek found both disgusting and strangely attractive, though that may not be because she was a Twi-lek, more so because she was strange with a majority of relationships she had been a part of. This was business though, so it was only profit and material that mattered. No nasty in between, most unfortunately and thankfully. The singer and dealer adjusted herself in her seat just once to show that she was in fact wearing all the fancy clothes that usually gave a quick good first impression.
As the holocomm flickered to life, the Twi-lek listened closely to what her supplier had to say before growing a small smile and reaching out to the side to take a strange twisted looking glass, with various colors of liquids that didn't quite make it onto the other side. "You've heard correctly, Mighty Kelan. I have not found a single crystal that I wasn't able to find value in or scam someone into buying," She spoke with a cooing and soft tone, before taking a small sip from her drink, and flickering her eyes onto the screen. "What details would you have of my already profitable and successful transactions?"

[member="Daniel Silverton"]

As the Twi'Lek spoke of recent business dealings, Kelan found a good first impression in the woman. Whereas it could have been a lie, he felt the tone of honesty in her voice, so he had been willing to accept her words. Taking a large gulp from his drink, the Hutt thought about the question that she had asked him before responding.

"I hadn't thoroughly went over your business dealings in the past, but my protocol droid who is responsible for my accessible information on the outside of my knowledge has informed me that you appear to check out. From what I've been told, you haven't had many business transactions in the best, but it had seemed beneficial to both sides of the deal."

Even looking at the attire of the Twi'Lek there appeared to be no signs of any form of mob member, so there wasn't that to worry about to him. After getting past all of the interview like questions being asked from both sides, he would have been ready to discuss about the stash in Excavation Site H. Unless something happens inside the mine, there's almost no chance of any casualties occurring that could ruin his chances of the deal. He just had to hope the Twi'Lek was as intent on making the deal as he was.

Daniel Silverton

Musician with a Brain
It didn't seem quite rushing as it was simply simple. There was little to no information to trade between them, and what history they did know about each other seemed to check out. The Twi-lek happily took another sip from her drink, landing her eyes on the Hutt as he did the same in his own time.

"So then, there are are no complications in the business side of things," She started with a small smile crawling up her lips. Money was probably one of the only things that could truly get you happiness anymore. Dating homeless wasn't anything near as good as nearby celebrities, despite what some people try to tell you. "How much product do you intend to have shipped here, if I may terribly ask?" She asked quietly. She had her own line of personal recommendations for smuggling, but that was no matter to her right now.

He had been so focused on gaining the crystals and finding a buyer that he had forgotten all about actually shipping them. He had run a few calibrations in his head, figuratively of course, on how shipping would work. Different variables would include the planet itself that the crystals would ship on. Coruscant wasn't know for being very desolate, and the various major factions swarming around it didn't help as much. They'd probably take the liberty of shooting down and looting a swarm of cargo ships if they saw one.

"I have done a few calculations, and I think I'd need to do some limitations on the amounts of cargo that is sent out every few day. With all of these factions that would enjoy rummaging through valuables around Coruscant, it wouldn't be smart for business. I can't make an exact amount of crystals that'd be sent to you every few days, but a good ship that usually isn't bothered much by others is some sort of light freighter ship. Fast so you'll get the shipment soon after its sent out, but no so easy to detect. You understand, right?"

The lack of crystals that could be shipped wasn't very promising, but it would still supply a steady flow of credits and crystals. Hopefully she understood the situation, any type of business was always hard to conduct around Coruscant, and shipping had always been one of the more troubling ones for him.

Daniel Silverton

Musician with a Brain
The Twi'lek wasn't very happy about the situation, but it did give her a lot of time to find buyers and crafters to accept the crystals for a terrible price. Her face flickered in the screen as she leaned in closer to the Hutt, giving herself a firm nod, and a soft swing of her twin tails. "Of course I can make these crystals your worthwhile, but do you have so much as a sample on you right now?" She asked in a bit of a demanding tone. She couldn't just sell a bunch of plastic, if anything, she would have to buy something worth a bit more and clean it up as an advertised product before selling a bunch of frauds.

"The quality and quantity of your delivers and shipments determines greatly how many credits will be transferred at every shipment. We can't even consider playing with prices until I know what I'm working with." She replied, in a more modern tone now.

Of course, Kelan wasn't very fond of demands from others, even fellow Hutts would get a mouth full from demands, but business was a different topic. In business deals, it was only a natural trait of acting above others to prevent anyone from taking advantage. He couldn't have been THAT mad at clients for doing so. He had needed to find one of his more highly valued crystals to impress. He used his finger to gesture over a guard, and whispered in his ear to find a good crystal in storage. He had taken a drink while waiting for the guard to come back. The curtain to the hallway opened, and the same man came in with a fluorescent orange looking crystal, reminding him of the site it was found out to help at convining her. He smiled at the news, looking at a database to confirm that it was one of the finer sites. It seemed like a good one to show off. Kelan took it into his hands to display it in the holoprojector.

"This is one of my better crystals, mined closer to the surface in Excavation Site C. Of course, not every crystal is as similar to this one but I'd say a good 70% are the same as this one or better. Either way, that remaining 30% are still at a good quality. And of course the crystals that have turned out to be ineffective/false were thrown down the trash compactor."

Kelan felt pride in the argument that he had made, hoping that would be a good way to convince her to take the deal. Suddenly, he remembered the expedition he sent out a bit ago that the captain bragged to have a large stash of high quality crystals.

"I forgot to mention my recently approved expedition in my Excavation Site H. I've been informed by my mining captain that he had found a great amount of crystals, and it should be in very good quality if he is correct. I currently have a few dozen slaves working in the mines, and they should be finished mining it out in the next few days, if we're unlucky and the stash is only large over giant."

Daniel Silverton

Musician with a Brain
Things could always be forged through holograms, and Hutts could always lie. It wasn't out of the history books like some things Sith and Jedi would give their lives to protect. The entertainer leaned in a few feet to eye the crystal, before settling back and clasping both of her hands together. Everything seemed to check out, the only problem now was seeing if they did end up being half decent when they arrived, and making sure the crew didn't know of her illegal business.
"I can arrange a spot for your delivery if the mining operation becomes a success. Payment can be arranged after the first test batch to see who I can sell them to. If it is in your time, great Hutt, I can send the information over now and expect you within a week." She said firmly, like a true business woman of her nature. It only took a little time to get back into the groove of things.

Glad that the Twi'Lek didn't take him for a con artist, Kelan smiled as he heard that the deal was a confirmation. Well, he could initiate in a con if he wished to, but he saves that for desperate circumstances, which a crystal dealing obviously wasn't. He needed to make sure that he was smart in his dealings to avoid any fallouts in his crystal business.

"I am very happy to hear your acceptance. I'm sure you don't mind, but I'd prefer to not ship all of my high quality and start with some lower qualities just to see how the interests on Coruscant vary. A little experiment, it'd be." Kelan chuckled to himself, initiating in a small coughing fit, even though what he said was barely funny. "I'd appreciate it if you sent over the information as soon as you can so I can get proper delivery boys and prepare some other things. It'd just be easier for me in these dealings if I was informed early. Once I send out the shipment with whatever crystals they may be, I'll send out a message to you with what's in the shipment so you can notice if anything's wrong."

The Hutt was proud of the dealing that he had managed to accomplish. The most important factor was that it was a peaceful negotiation, with not having to talk to other mobsters who always have a trick up their sleeves. Not like this Twi'Lek who had an entirely different look to her than most clients he'd talk with.

Daniel Silverton

Musician with a Brain
The Twi'lek seemed to freeze in place for a long moment, staring out at her company as the discussion was to wrap up. She quickly gave a bow to the strange and seemingly king Hutt, and turned the holograph off without a moment of hesitation, in the process, removing the sight of the ugly attractive and very nice business man. With a smirk on her face, she stood up from the chair and went to look out the window as her ship was driven away to scout the skies, and show off the unnatural beauty of Coruscant.
It wasn't business. It's crystals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom