Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Its a new way of living

“Its not a matter of where the cat will take you, but sand cats are adventurers. They set up homes but are known for wandering far and wide out of their territory to find food, and safety, should they need it, or their own home becomes less safe.” He explained shortly. “Similar to the Starchasers. We have our own, Corellia, Kattada, our ships, for you Zeltron and the Silver Rest, but sometimes home isn’t enough, we crave that adventure of the unknown. And its always hard to go on your own.”

Smiling as Popsicle came out and as Kyra was petting her cat, he nodded. “I know you will. And… well, you’re a Starchaser, I could speak to them, or you could learn from your siblings. Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness, than permission.” A bit of that youthful Corellian grin on his face as he looked at his daughter.

“But if you’re having a cat, you need to pick a ship. I’ve got two I think may strike your fancy!”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Siblings? Kyra's head shot up, the man leveled an odd look. Ask her siblings?

"They're.... infants," she commented, scooping up the cat and stepping forward to take his offer to see the ships. Kyra didn't really think she needed one, not when she was always so attached at the hip to her master and friends, but she wasn't one to ever turn down a gift. Especially when it came from a long last father whose attention she craved.

"Fine. I'm taking Popsicle. No telling Caedyn! He just likes to fuss. Aint that right," she cooed, nuzzling into the tan fluff ball purring on her shoulder. She stepped towards him, ready to be led as she scratched along the cat's ear.

Watching her for a second, hadn’t she had the chance to make at least a passing ‘hey how are you’ to Kaia and Jared? Not to mention the twins, but well, even he knew they weren’t going to be going out on missions and flying around yet. Still, her response was too good to just let go, as she reached down to pick up Popsicle.

“Sure, but Jared and Kaia weren’t much older than they are now before they started bending all the rules.” Tossing his daughter an overzealous wink before he laughed and shook her head. “No, I meant Jared and Kaia, the… ones you may not have met? Both have taken up some of the slack I’ve left in the galaxy, as a Judge and a Rebel to do what I can to provide the best for the Jedi. And well, the family I’ve neglected.” Honestly.

“She seems to like you already. Don’t think she’s chosen her favorite, but she’s definitely inspected the ships. One is a bit more of a starter, the other though, is a bit safer. Though not Corellian, but modified as such.” He waved over to the U-Wing and the Niathal, the latter one was designed and produced by one of Coren’s own mentors.

“And of course I’m not telling Caedyn, smarter than that, Kyra.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra paused in her steps, her expression glazing over as one thing stuck her still. "...I have more siblings?" she breathed, unresponsive as Popsicle climbed her shoulder like a perch.

She looked at Coren, filled with a twisted mix of apprehension and excitement.

More... Siblings...

It was unclear well this was well received or not, though she hung on tight for his word.

Watching his daughter, he couldn’t help but nod. “You do. I thought… I’m sorry Kyra, I’m new to all this.” He swallowed hard. “On top of the twins with Celeste, I had two children before… I was in carbonite. Jared and Kaia. They’re half Mirialan, and may have a well earned chip on their shoulder for me… at times.” He looked to his daughter. “I… know its not easy, but there are more.” He could go on but it was probably better if he didn’t. The fact was he loved Kelly, and he loves Celeste. Joza Perl Joza Perl … that one was complicated. He definitely respected the hell out of the Mama Perl.

“I didn’t help raise Jared and Kaia, they grew up while I was in carbonite. I’ve done my best with what I can by them but…” Its all very complicated. “I’ll do better with you.”

He watched her, and her cat, a smile on his face, open and honest.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra stood there, still as stone, a purring cat head butting her relentlessly for attention. It didnt get her response, the taking a long, long moment to process.. digest... decide how she felt...

"Carbonite," she repeated. "You were gone for everyone." Certainly a lot easier to digest then just being conceived and ditched! She gave him a long, wary look, clearly weighing up his words to his actions thus far.

He certainly was seeming like he was trying. That didn't mean he was lying! It would take a long time for her to stop bracing for the other shoe. This didn't stop a bit of her curiousity from bubbling forward, the girl softening as she followed him to the ships.

"They nice?"

It wasn’t that the Sand Cats were really awake in the Force, but perhaps the certain lines were more so? They were bred around some of the best Force users Coren knew that were outside the Jedi Order. Some were Jedi, others were just more go-their-own-way, ones Coren didn’t even think to judge for their alignment because of how long he had worked with them, how they had helped raise his two eldest while he couldn’t be there. Maybe the Force was imparted in them. Or animals were smarter than most gave them credit.

“It’s a long story.” He said with an almost exhausted breath. “I will tell you some time, but I don’t think now is the time. I hadn’t met Jared or Kaia, really met them until they were older than you.” As they walked to the ships, he was looking at them both, he had put work in them, and he wanted to get her flying in something while he worked on the Kyra-special class of shuttle, once he saw how she flew.

“They are. Jared kind of took to me quick, he’s more like I used to be, a warrior, and going the extra mile to protect people.” Licking his lip, he looked at Kyra. “Kaia is more like what I want to be. Helping those she can, in the least violent of ways and exploring the galaxy. Shes part of the Wardens of the Sky.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

"They're both like us," she stated, a but of that uncertainty entering her voice. She didn't realize how force-heavy her family was, but there was a bit of trepidation in realizing there was older version of you you'd have to meet and impress. Because of course she'd want to impress them. Kyra gave a heavy sigh, shaking her head. "Families are so messy," she stated, having no clue what she was in for in a few simple, short weeks.

The girl seemed to resign herself to it, though she did not ask to meet them. In a strange twist of growth, the girl felt far too tired to meet another new and important person.

Especially while she sported her casted arm. Ugh. It was an embarrassment in a half.

She asked no further questions, finally giving into the insistant nudges of the sand cat and reaching up to pet her behind the ears. "Can I fly the ship to Master Caedyn?" She asked, forgetting already that it was meant to be their little secret.

Nodding, Coren looked to her. “Yeah, I guess it’s a blessing or curse, the Starchaser line is an older Jedi family, we’ve had more Force sensitives than not in our family. Ranging from ‘barely able but definitely able, all the way to, well, me and you. I’ve seen it, you have a lot of potential in you!” Watching her, they were up to the ships now. “And they can be, but we’re Starchasers, my generation grew apart, so it seems we are coming out of the wood work.” Not to mention Daddy von Starchaser here, himself.

“I know they are both interested to meeting you, when you’re ready!” He added, as a bit of an afterthought.

She definitely seemed to bond with Popsicle. Maybe there was some Force in the cat, after all. “If you feel its smart.” He motioned to the two ships. “They are both loaded with coordinates to a few select places already, Commenor, Kattada, Kashyyyk, the home ship Dawn Treader, Sullust…” He let his train of thought change. “And I won’t be letting you out of here without a pilot droid and astromceh, until you get your bearings.”

Then they could talk about getting rid of one or the other.

The two ships, a U-Wing, gray with a pink stripe, and the other was a Mon Cal design assisted by Silk Enterprises, a deep reddish pink, like something out of the sea, but a much more sleek, less utilitarian design.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom