Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's a Long Way to the Top (Brooklyn, Karin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludo Dorian

L
Ludo tilted his head back and chuckled at Spencer's comment - if that was indeed her real name. With these kind of people, it usually wasn't.

"How about you show a little appreciation for the place that just netted you over two hundred grand in credits," He laughed. Really, this was anything but an everyday transaction. Truth be told, when Ludo opened the case that was given to him by his bosses, it was the most money he himself had ever seen in his life.

Ludo took the case with the chips and gave it a cursory examination. Then, he handed it towards one of his men for their approval. The man to his right glanced at the chips, picked one up and put it back in its case, and nodded at Ludo. Nodding back, he turned again to Brooklyn.

"Why so quick to leave Nal Hutta, Spencer?" He questioned. "I mean, after all. You seem like you know what you're doing. Especially if you managed to get your hands on these chips. The way I see it, you and Black Sun could be profitable business partners."

skin, bone, and arrogance
Brooklyn smirked. "I could've made more on, say, Corellia. And not gotten so smelly. But Mr. Tran was a promising contact. At least until he decided not to show up. How disappointing." She watched the interaction between Dorian and his goons, her eyebrows raising in curiosity, as if genuinely interested in their interactions, then found herself looking back to Dorian.

"I do know what I'm doing," she said flatly. "But I don't see why I'd want to work with you people on a regular basis. You just fleeced me half my profit and threatened to kill me if I didn't participate. What, exactly, is such great shakes about Black Sun? And don't try any theatrics on me. You and your little friends don't scare me." She hooked her thumb in the waistband of her pants with one hand as the other picked up the credit briefcase off the table.

"Besides. Nal Hutta is small time. I don't do small time."

Ludo Dorian

L
"You're a big talker," Ludo said with a smirk. "Makes me wonder if this girl can back it up," He said aside to his cohorts, who also returned his grin with ones of their own.

Brooklyn could have been all talk, and Ludo wouldn't be surprised if she was - he had seen the same type of cavalier attitude day in and day out in this business - but he couldn't help but find himself a bit intrigued by this girl. Ludo didn't care if this girl was a Hutt crime lord; two-hundred and forty thousand credits wasn't exactly "small time" to anyone. It made him wonder what exactly Brooklyn considered to be big time.

"The advantages to working with Black Sun are simple," He replied to her. "Security and consistency. If you want a steady buyer, there's no better organization. Not to mention, the manpower and leverage of my superiors far exceeds any pretenders you'll find on... Corellia."

skin, bone, and arrogance
Brooklyn shrugged. "I'm about to fly off this smelly little planet with almost a quarter of a million credits--only a little of which is profit, for sure, but still--and you're going to go back to that horrible little cantina and bother someone who's just trying to sell something. Yes, I can see what the benefits of cooperation with the Black Sun will bring me." She walked over to the ship and reached up, setting the case inside the entryway, then wandered back towards Ludo.

He was a handsome young man, badly in need of a shave, but some women liked that and Brooklyn was one of them. She let her lips twitch into a smile and then said, "But if you ever develop the talent and ambition to get off this planet and we cross paths... I don't know, somewhere civilized, I might reconsider the offer. Until then... well, like I said. Small time."

She reached into her cleavage and drew a small silver box, from which she drew a cigarette and lighter. She lit her cigarette and took a drag, then turned her attention back to Ludo. "So, Mr. Lackey-Dorian, are we done here?" she asked, blowing some smoke towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom