Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It All Started With a Wasp's Sting

[member="Azure Djitred"]​
A daze. The first thing Alleya noticed was that she was cursed with foggy vision and sensation of nausea. Her sensation was like she could feel the very rotation of the world around her. Pain as well, her skin a chaotic pin cushion where she had been stung. As her vision started to come to, she noted that she was far from her ship. In a building, in fact.

When she had landed on Vanquo, she had the hopes to find members of her father's people. She had heard whispers that the Mandalorians who called themselves Clan Solus made refuge there after Mandalore fell to the Sith Empire. Having been born on Dathomir, the literal home of the monstrous rancors, she had been overconfident of the dangers she would have faced in Vanquo's wilds. She was able to sneak past most predators. But not so when she happened to disturb a nest of large vespids, who seemed to hunt her, stinging in a fury. She had gotten close what she thought was the edge of the wilderness. It was there that she collapsed from the venom's effects.

Now to her present situation. She was definitely in a room with a bed, still dressed in her reddish Dathomiri robes, and hooked up to some sort of machine that connected to the vein in her arm, distributing fluid.

"Gods...." She groaned to her self, believing herself alone, "Where in the hells am I?"

She closed her eyes again, still trying to adjust to the feeling. She turned on her side, moving into a fetal position, trying to block out the pain and the strong urge to empty her stomach.

To say Azure was not expecting to see a fellow witch from Dathomir today would be... understating it. The younger witch on the bed beside Azure was clearly under-prepared for the galaxy, judging by the fact Azure found her about to be dragged off by the local wasps. Azure glanced over quietly as the girl began to stir on the bed, and sighed as she changed the page on her holo-book. The poor child.

"You're on Vanquo, Sister. What has brought you so far from home?" Though the accent was faint, [member="Alleya Ke Djo"] would be able to hear the Dathmiri accent coming from Azure, specifically Clan Bright Sun if she were well informed. Azure set the holobook to the side, and sat up in her chair. The witch was thankful she wore her armor, as it's effects would hopefully aid the young woman in front of her deal with the pain.

[member="Azure Djitred"]

Alleya was startled by the voice that she was met in response with. The accent was a bit of a surprise. The woman near her sounded like one pf her sisters who had spent enough time around outsiders to pick up their language.

"I would ask the same of you, 'Sister'." She responded, sounding skeptical of this person,"I know what world I am on...uuugh my head. I just don't know this specific place."

She felt her vision getting better, and thus moved again to where she could at least face her current companion. She had to admit that the other female indeed looked like another Daughter of Allya. Especially the pale ones descended from Lady Talzin's clan, much like Alleya's own mother.

"I come...in search of my father." She said simply, "It was my mother's last request before the Sith began put their dark hands upon Dathomir after Mandalore fell."

She looked back up at the ceiling, feeling a sense of comfort as the staring at a stationary place seemed to alleviate the nausea some. She kept her blue eyes awake, feeling more alert now.

"I know not his name. Mother never told me it. I just know he is Mandalorian by birth." She explained,"Or so I am told. The only proof of this I have is the sword I carried with me. But it is why I came to Vanquo. I heard rumor of a clan who made residence here. Then the incident with the wasps happened."

Azure hummed at the suspicion in the voice of [member="Alleya Ke Djo"] as she responded. Well, at least she was smart enough to be suspicious of strangers, for the galaxy was a cruel place of many types of dangers. The wasps were small fry in comparison to others.

"You're in the infirmary of the Solus stronghold. You were quite lucky I was heading out when I was, and could administer the antidote to you so quickly. Those wasps were going to drag you off for larvae food had I not seen you on the ground."

Azure's interest was piqued then the young witch spoke of trying to find her father, before flinching back in surprise. The Sith? On Dathomir? Azure bit the nail of her thumb through her glove, before standing up to get Alleya a glass of water, looking pensive. A nameless Mandalorian father? Well now, how many other children could relate? The witch looked at the sword Alleya spoke of, laid on the table next to the bed. She was no smith, but the weight alone did feel like beskar. A sigh escaped her lips as she walked back over to the bed, and placed the cup of water on the table, next to the sword.

"Your search for your father will be long, and difficult. With no name to go by, and only his beskad..."

Azure quieted as she checked the fluid bag, and Alleya's vitals quickly.

"My name is Azure Djitred, of Clan Bright Sun, and Clan Solus. My apologies for not introducing myself earlier."

"And I am Alleya Ke Djo, daughter of Talla, and sister of the Crimson River Clan." The younger girl responded to her kin, "And I know how hard my task is going to be."

She sat up in bed more. She was indeed starting to feel better. She took the water glass next to her on the table, taking a couple swallows before returning it. She did take back her sword, though, carefully examining it. It was still the same blade made of beskar, no real identifying marks.

"Of all the wild kwi hunts to send me on, Mother had to pick the one with the fewest details." She sighed, "So what of you, Sister Azure? How did you come to be claimed among my father's people?"

She did find it quite interesting that another child of Dathomir was among the Mandalorians. Perhaps this situation that was not unlike how her own genesis came to be. Perhaps, even, that Dathomir and Mandalore had closer ties than what she originally expected.

Azure adjusted the bag flow, slowing it slightly as [member="Alleya Ke Djo"] seemed to be recovering well enough. A snort escaped her as the younger witch asked how she came to be on Vanquo, and with the Mandalorians. Azure sat down with a bemused smile, crossing her ankles, and looking at the sword, trying to figure out if it matched any of the clans' particular styles. Perhaps clan Australis? Mortui? Definitely not Gred, they had some weird looking weapons...

"History repeating itself. Same way I joined Clan Bright Sun, actually... I landed on a crashed ship, got adopted, fought some battles, healed people, rescued some refugees, adopted a child of my own, had my own armor forged... The usual Mandalorian life, I suppose. I haven't gotten murdered on this death planet yet, so I'd say I'm doing pretty well, all things considered."

"Bright Sun, huh?" Alleya quipped, "Mother always called them liberal, but I don't think my clan is one to talk. We are collectively a mix of Law witches and Nightsister. Our ancestors thought we'd be more in tune with spirits of the galaxy by being balanced between."

She looked over the other witch's armor. It was indeed distincty Mandalorian in style. She looked back the sword of her father, her mind dwelling on those aspects. She returned her gaze to her senior.

"With all of my mother spoke of..." She said, sighing some, "All of this talk of a Mandalorian father, and I do not know where to even begin to know about this....forgotten part of me. Am I Mandalorian? Am I still a Daughter of Allya? I have so many questions about myself....and so few answers."

Azure snorted, amused, at Alleya's remark about Bright Sun being liberal. Compared other clans, perhaps. A hum came from Azure, however, as [member="Alleya Ke Djo"] described her own clan. Balanced between the Light and the Dark...

"I believe Clan Gred is much the same as your clan. Balanced... I've come to understand myself that not all who follow the Light are... Good."

As Alleya spoke of her worries, Azure frowned. It would do the young witch no good to question her identity. A quiet sigh came from the elder witch, as she placed a hand on Alleya's forearm, squeezing it gently.

"You are both, just as I am both. There are ways to balance yourself between your heritage, you just have to learn them. As for learning about Mandalorian life... Well, you can stay here and learn from us, or you can speak to other clans. There are more clans than to be counted, and they all have their own ways of doing things. This is your journey, Alleya, do not be scared of it."

Alleya pondered what the older witch was suggesting to her. She smiled a little at the prospect, before looking to her.

"As nice as that would be." She said,"I do not feel like I should not linger. I am a stranger in your home. You owe nothing to me. But, what basics of being a Mandalorian you could suggest. I want to know enough so that I can communicate with other clans I will go on to meet. Not necessarily their language, but..."

She sighed. She honestly did not know what she was doing. It felt like such an impossible task for her to undertake. She needed to have some sort of guidance before going forward. The random hints and whispering rumors were tiresome.

"I want to understand what I come from so that I may connect with them." She explained herself further, "Because how I can I claim Mandalorian blood when I know nothing about being Mandalorian?"

She stood, feeling much like her normal self, facing her fellow Dathomiri with an unsure expression on her face. She truly had nowhere to go. She had made herself a fugitive by the Sith, and thus could not return back to Dathomir. She knew not from whence her father had been born, and thus no shelter among his kin. She was truly, utterly lost.

Azure hummed, and smiled perhaps a little too amused as [member="Alleya Ke Djo"] spoke of Azure owing nothing to her. She listened as the younger witch spoke, and tilted her head slightly. It was clear that Alleya's knowledge of Mandalorians was more limited that Azure first believed. An amused sigh escaped Azure's lips as she stood, and placed her hands on Alleya's shoulders, smiling.

"Alleya, Sister, the first thing I'm teaching you about Mandalorians is this: when one of our vode arrive at our door in need of help, we are honor bound to aid them. You are my Sister through our shared Dathomiri heritage, and my vod through our Mandalorian heritage. Do not feel that you must rush yourself from here."

"Mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Is the pretty lady okay?"

Azure winced slightly and let go of Alleya, as Lailya burst through the door to the room with all the excitement and gusto a 5 year old could muster. When the little girl's blue eyes landed on Alleya, she gasped in awe, and let out a squee before running over to the two witches.

"Hello! My name's Lailya! Mama adopted me after my Daddy died during a battle the Jedi started! What's your name?"

"Lailya, you can't just... Oh well... Alleya, this is my daughter, Lailya." Azure picked Lailya up, and rested the little girl on her hip. Blonde hair done in what might have once been pretty braids, or maybe they started messy, were now mostly undone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom