Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Iridonian Damascus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Google Search
handmade_damascus_steel_square_bar_for_jewelry_purpose_kinfe_making_5dc2ce99.jpg

Intent:
A unique metal to be used in Blood Hunter's Iron Works products.

Development Thread:
If necessary

Manufacturer:
Blood Hunter's Iron Works

Model:
N/a

Affiliation:
Closed Market. Not available to the Public.

Modularity:
As much as any metal. Shape it into a knife, a sheet of vehicle armor, woven with ceramics like Flex Armor, ect.

Production:
Mass ; Strict usage regulations.

Material:
Agrinium - 30%
Titanium - 37%
Trimantium - 32%
Chemical Hardening Agents - 1%

Description:
Iridonian Damascus is a blended metallic alloy of nearly equal portions Agrinium, a light weight metal with incredible radiation resistant properties ; Titanium, an immensely durable metal ; and Trimantium, a metal with a considerable tensile strength. A mixture of chemical hardening agents is incorporated into the metal just before the shaping process giving the already formidable blend a tensile strength comparable to that of Durasteel. The relatively equal portions of ultra-light Agrinium and the two heavier metals also helps combat potential weight problems, leaving the metal about as weighty as pure Titanium.

While the metal does not provide any drastic or even noteworthy tensile strength or durability advantages over Durasteel, it's other protective quality is what set's it apart. The inclusion of Agrinium means the metal works exceptionally well as radiation shielding, only susceptible to the most extreme levels of radiation.

The greatest draw back to Iridonian Damascus is it's cost. While the metal is made in massive vats, meaning sizable amounts can be produced with relative ease, the costs involved with creating each vat are considerable. What this means is products that use a relatively small amount of the metal can be mass produced without much concern over the additional expense, i.e. body armors, weapons, droids, ect. However the additional costs when building something larger, a walker or star fighter for example, begins to become daunting and anything beyond limited production of such things is simply to expensive to create. The cost of producing something like a capital ship is tremendous, limiting production to a handful of unique vessels at most as the additional radiation shielding does not warrant such a severe increase in production costs.

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Cira"]

That defeats the intended goal. The objective was a highly protective metal that let's me avoid having to write out the use of Agrinium and a detailed explanation in all the body armors I'm wanting to make with this metal. It's why I wrote the submission the way I did. Body armor is going to use what, 30 kilograms tops? Even with the high expense that not much metal for a company accustomed to producing 400 meter capital ships. The only things I plan to use this for is body armors and maybe some elite star fighters (which are limited production by their very nature). I made it expensive so that it couldn't be abused in capital ships.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

You are effectively creating a material that has a high electro magnetic resistance similiar to http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pyronium, which is a restricted material with a required dev thread to do so.

High costs mean that it wouldn't be easily mass produced. It can also be subject to debate at minor.

If you want this at minor with all the respective properties, you will need the backing of a Major faction to help you produce this.

A quality dev thread of at least 20 posts can get you that minor production with the backing of a Minor or Major faction or a Tier 5 and up company.

Otherwise, Limited as it, with the edits made in the description to state only limited amount production can be made from this.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

If you remove the EMP properties and edit it accordingly, yes you may have it at minor with no dev with the weaknesses you have in place.

My concern is this. If this is very expensive to create, then why would a Tier 3 company be able to be create it at mass production?

Your description states: "the costs involved with creating each vat could bankrupt Blood Hunter's Iron Works if not made in moderation."

As I said, I made it so expensive so it's couldn't be abused for capital ships. I'll edit it to something like "the additional costs are not justified for capital ship production for the simple additional radiation protection."

Edit: almost every single product I produce uses Titanium, Trimantium or both. The addition of Agrinium wouldn't realistically be much of a stretch.

[member="Cira"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom