Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ion Dispersal Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
yrCi9Aq.jpg

Image Source: http://i.imgur.com/yrCi9Aq
Intent: Give the Diversity Alliances Mothership a special device to cover it in Ions
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Paragon Spheres
Model: Ion Dispersal Unit
Affiliation: Diversity Alliance
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Duranium
Description: The Ion Dispersal Unit was based on original Ion Afterburners, but not designed as an afterburner. It was made to expel or create a large cloud of ionized particles which can possibly create sensor interference, depending on the type of sensor reading it. The device has a limited duration, mostly because any longer it could be seen as wasted power. The longest the devices would be used would be around a standard hour, but most likely less. The Ionic interference would only affect most basic sensors, if not mostly scrambling them. The device is only to be used on Mothership variants, for the stage and show off affects to inspire fear. The Ion Dispersal Unit is mostly used in conjunction with smoke dispersal. It aims at creating an anomoly, or blotted or fuzzy area to basic are substandard scanners, but not hide it from sensors. Advanced Sensors would either be lightly affected or not affected at all. However, the light cloud of Ions surrounding the ship may affect small-medium craft if within a few feet of the hull with power being affected or shutdown, but it isn't designed for that, so small fluctuations in power are the most likely to occur. This also affects any fighters or shuttles exiting the craft.
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/79389-tech-ion-cloud-dispersion/#entry1172031

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Xer'ir"]

Am I correct in assuming that this is not a stealth device, but is designed to make a big amorphous sensor anomaly around the ship, limit effectiveness of internal scans, and in general scare people?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

You know, that actually sounds accurate. And I forgot my Dev Thread *Facepalm*

It would affect internal, external, and scanners from other areas. Advanced sensors would more than likely have a better time counteracting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom