Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inviting the Calm

The Jedi Academy of Voss was a huge and grand establishment the likes of which Karrus was slowly and not so easily coming to terms with. Despite his being placed under the care of Jedi Knight, Teynara Jeralyr, Karrus had yet to establish any sort of friendships of his own; nor stepped out to explore without her company.
Leaving his dorm room in the early hours of the morning, half asleep he managed to pull on a casual teal pair of pants and a loosely fitted cream shirt before turning to wander out into the hallway leading into the rest of the Academy. Barefooted, his steps were quiet and his eyes wide as he walked, entranced by the monuments carved to portray figureheads of whom he didn't recognize yet marveled in the shadow of what he presumed they stood for; 'older Jedi?...Wonder what they did to get made into statues...'. It wasn't hard to imagine that these impersonations were once amazingly strong in the Force, the power that Karrus had learned the Jedi used to make them so strong and to work alongside with, to help other people in need.

Among the few that Karrus had met within the Academy, his mind wandered to Ryn'Dhal as he studied the monuments quietly imagining the other and his educational little lectures, guessing that Ryn would likely have a thing or two to say about the stories these old figures probably held in the history of the Silver Jedi Order. 'Funny...' Karrus smiled to himself, glancing back over his shoulder almost expecting him to be there. Ryn had been very kind to him, offered a friendliness that he'd never had so freely given back on Eriadu. It all still felt so new to him and as ignorant and young as Karrus was, he couldn't imagine this to be a quality that all of the Jedi held.

He'd expected the student lounge to be empty, the sun hadn't lifted by the time he'd left his bed so to find that there were a few people in there was a bit of a surprise. Frowning to himself, he'd hoped to be able to watch one of the holo-projectors in the quiet. Instead he couldn't help but continue on a little out of shyness. Introducing himself to new people wasn't exactly a quality that he felt confident in. In fact he wasn't entirely sure what he was good at just yet but for certain he knew that it seemed like a massive leap to try to step out of his shell to greet and get to know these people. Whatever it was, however the Force was supposed to help him, Karrus hoped that this new home would be a friendly and inviting one.

Tyyni had always been fascinated by holoprojectors. Well, not the holoprojectors themselves, but what news they carried. All of the news to reach Tyyni's ears had been on holoprojectors, as he'd been training to be a Jedi ever since he could remember. He knew it was strange for a Hutt to want to keep the peace in the galaxy, but it was his personal goal.

Padawan Oluja woke up early this morning. He was nervous. Tomorrow was the day he would finally get a master, and he was feeling the anxiety. The Hutt's tail swayed aimlessly from side to side as he watched the holo, trying to keep his cool. The few others in the room didn't talk to him, so he didn't talk to them. Simple as that.

Tyyni saw another boy walk in, and saw that there was a spot to sit next to him. Scooching over, the Hutt gestured, vibrant green eyes glowing. "Hey. You getting a head start on the day too?"

[member="Karrus Zorathi"]

Getting her small assortment of belongings settled in her room after meeting with her master Celiana had slipped out of her boots and then left her room keying in her lock code as she'd left. Her segmented Echani battle staff sat in the holsters on either side of her hips even knowing she was in a safe place they were still a comfort to have with her. A reminder of who she was and where she was headed.

Walking aimlessly for a several minutes humming the first verse of Vode An Celiana stopped upon seeing a young boy and a Hutt conversing. Padding over to them Celiana voiced her question. "Excuse me, but can either of you direct me or lead me to the library?"

[member="Tyyni Oluja"]
[member="Karrus Zorathi"]

As Priscilla had awoken this morning, earlier than usual, she heard footsteps approaching down the hallway. Who could it be? Who would she meet today. As she removed her sleeping attire and changed into her robes, she exited the the door, closing it over but not locking it. Although Priscilla was a knowledgeable intellect, she had only been in the temple for a mere 2 days, and was still learning the ropes.

She had heard a voice down a corridor asking for directions. She turned a left, before stood her 2 humans and a hut. An eerie silence was awaiting her, but she broke it by saying,

"No, but I'm sure we could find it together"

She paired this with a smile towards Celiana, waiting for a response.

[member="Celiana"]

Waiting for a response from either the Hutt or the young boy Celiana glanced over her left shoulder at hearing the newcomer say "No, but I'm sure we could find it together." Celiana noticed her smile as well and after making a quick decision headed away from the two others joining the newcomer. "A pleasure to meet you, my name's Celiana and yours is?"

[member="Priscilla Genesis"]

"Nice to meet you then Priscilla from Patorra." Taking her hand and shaking it she continued, "I'm originally from Eshan myself but I've spent some time on Coruscant and traveled throughout the Mandalorian territories, visited Concord Dawn and such. How about yourself? Done much traveling?"

[member="Priscilla Genesis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom