Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intergalactic Cultural Exchange

Planet: Lunar Meadow

Connections.

It mattered who you knew and who they knew when dealing in politics on a galactic stance. His long time friendship with the United Trade Conglomerate got him in contact with the new Viceroy and Alor of Clan Awaud. Promising that all debts to the Republic would be wiped clean, the Vice Chancellor of the New Republic was able to get into contact with the Mandalorain Battlemaster [member="Kaine Australis"].

Largely considered warmangering savaged to nearly all of the galaxy, Tobias had the pleasure of being employed by one for many years. Not well versed in their culture, he did know some pointers in there ways of Politics.

Standing on the bridge of his Hammerhead Frigate, he waited for the Mandalorian Warchief to enter this neutral space. Though he knew there was no such thing as neutral space for a Mandalorain, only the next battlefield. He was not excited about this new interchange of ideas, but it was for the betterment of the Republic so really he only had a choice of following through with it.

Looking to his ships Captain he spoke up, "Be sure your crew does not fire on the guest, no matter what they do, your ransom insurance will be enough to pay their demands no matter the cost."

The captain was a little shook by this, "Understood Vice Chancellor Drakes."

Tobias nodded and started to walk off the bridge, "Let our guest know I am in the Training Room when they board."

Within the confines of this Training Room that all ships held he looked through the many sorts of training weapons. Blunt blades, quarterstaff, even clubs were used in the daily training of the Republic Soldiers. His back was too the door as he heard the hiss of the automatic opening that signaled him. Turning to see Battlemaster [member="Kaine Australis"] he nodded to the man.

His reptilian appearance as well as his black void eyes with only a yellow pupil looked back at the Mandalorain. His facial structure made it impossible to smile and he was stuck in a forever emotionless gaze. "I appreciate you coming to speak with me Alor Kaine of Clan Australis, your nations assistance with the cultist arrest on Arkania was of great help," He placed his left hand out before him and pointed to the training circle before him, "I was hoping we could talk over a little sparing session."

He needed to gain what little respect from the Mandalorians Warchief, and in his culture one could speak volumes in combat compared to at a diplomatic table.

Tobias just tapped the Quarterstaff with a single finger and let it flow into his hand, it was metallic and shined as the light of the room projected off its outer shell. "You may use what ever your require Alor Australis."

He only looked at [member="Kaine Australis"] as he readied himself with one hand in the center of his staff and the other hand behind his back. Standing straight, one foot in front of the other and making a straight line from shoulder to the end of the staff. He knew this was meaningless, compared to a mastered and veteran Mandalorain Warrior. However, it did not mean it would not be fun, wondering if the Battlemaster would stop should a killing blow show itself. Tobias would not allow it to be easy, but he knew it would be a struggle from the gate.

"I called you here today to talk about the relationship between the Republic and the Mandalorains," Tobias emptied his lungs and then filled them with fresh air. More then likely be the last time it would be so cool, "I am ready when you are sir."

Tobias thought as a mile a second as he attempted to read the play that was put before him. The eyes of the Battlemaster went blank, the man was fighting with instincts alone and fought without a plan. The VC was different in his style of fighting however, reading the blade and the wrist of the fighter, he could tell well the attack would land. Angling his staff to deflect the attack, once the blade was carefully over his head the Glaucus placed the staff between his fingers as he twisted them making the staff spin around.

He aimed for [member="Kaine Australis"] shoulder that was holding the blade in an attempt of taking an easy advantage in injuring the practiced arm.

"Many within the Senate are weak by the standards of the Mandalorains," Weather he hit or not he began the conversation, "Those that are the weakest are called the Doves within the Senate, and they fear that Mandalore has allied themselves with the Sith and we could ally with the Silvers." He pulled back and readied for the counter attack, "The other faction want us to ally with those that don't agree with Mand'alor the Infernal, I would like to hear what you have to say, does the Republic have anything to fear from the Mandalorains."

Tobias was too focused on the blade to notice the fist that was flying towards his face. Thought his face was covered in thick hard exo-armor, he nearly fell to the brutal force. He caught himself however, and turned with the blow of his attacker, reading his stance again.

Looking to [member="Kaine Australis"] he continued the conversation as he moved his jaw to check if it was broken, "That is plain to see, your," There was a pause for a second as he considered the next words carefully, "Extenuated Source of Entertainment with the Silver Jedi is apparent, and that is why I've come to speak with you,"

The Large Male lunged very quickly towards the Mandalorian, not swinging but loosening the grip of his staff a little as he stopped and allowed the metallic pole continue forwards towards the mans chest. However, this was an attempt to fake the warrior out as he stopped the staff and used his left leg to shoot the staff at Australis feet.

"We have a large force on our boarders facing the Mandalorians, I saw we have nothing to fear and could send those valuable soldiers to the Core Worlds, as a strategist yourself, what do you think?"

Tobias made the mistake of over investing in his combat ability with the hopes of throwing off the Mandalorian. His reach was too far to recover, so instead he offered his shoulder for the hit of the blade. Taking the strike the metal blade rattled as it clanged against the mans outer shell. His outer skeleton system was able to take a bit more of a beating then that to really have the VC our for the count, and he wanted to make that apparent.

Now able to recover he spoke in response to the mans assumption, "The New Republic will not be fazed by the terrors of any nation," He brought the staff up behind his head, "However, we are not dumb enough to take on a monster like the Sith Empire while we are still only a blip on of a greater nation."

He attempted to have his staff strike the side of the [member="Kaine Australis"] face.

"However the threat they pose to the Common People, that will not stand for the values of the Republic and we will stand for those that were bullied by the darker powers."

Tobias was starting to feel the pressure of the battle at the moment, his blood was bubbling with adrenaline. His mind was focus on not just the target before him, but also all that was around him. The deflection by [member="Kaine Australis"] was expected, and he used the kenetic energy from the block to go with the flow of the weapon and finally achieved connection with his weapon. It was not the one he used very often, but now that he got a feel for the distance of it he creaked a singular chuckle.

"I never thought a Mandalorain would agree with anything that came out of a Republic Politicians mouth."

The planted his weapon in the ground to block the attack done by the Mandalorian Fighter, it was then that he felt a vibration in the air behind him. Without looking he grasped the Mandalorains Wrist and his planted staff and lifted his legs as he jumped. Using the momentum of the jump, he did a sort of cartwheel next to the warrior and then pulled the staff out of the ground.

"However, our fight with the darker powers were inherited, we did not start the fight, but we will begin our campaign over the skies of Commenor."

He put the staff in a perfect horizontal line with the floor and would thrust it forward, not at the mans chest, but the small gap between his hands that were gripping the blade and his chest. Dropping to a knee and lifting the pole to make the warrior off balance.

"The Queen of Commenor wished me to make sure her daughter was well taken care of."

As a final attack, he would spin on his back and swipe his feet to take out the Mandalorains feet and attempt to knock him on his back with the flurry of attacks he just attempted.

Tobias was ready should the attack on [member="Kaine Australis"] not work, though he was surprised to see the man take such a hit and get back up. He only returned to a ready stance and waited for the man to give his response.

"My worry was not with the Queens Daughter, but now that I have conformation that she is within the Mandalorain Empire, as well as with you, it does allow me to feel safer about our intentions."

The reptilian man saw the strike coming in from the Mandalorain, and pushed his staff to extend toward Kaine. Seeing the blow coming time slowed for him, and his training had kicked in. Rotating the longer end of the stave up and circular to block the blade. The shorted part of the staff came within a quarter inch of the warriors groin area before Tobias assumption of strength was very wrong.

The full force of the Mandalorains blow struck true to the Vice Chancellors defensive block, however, the blow was so strong it knocked him hard. Throwing him nearly across the room and into a rack of bladed weapons. The clattering of metallic swords as it hit the Chancellor and the floor was very loud. Tobias no longer had a weapon in his hand and was laying as if he was in an armchair on the broken rack.

"You can count," He took a deep breath, "On the Republic when the Operation starts."

He reached towards his lower side back, and moaned painfully as he pulled a sharp blade our of his side. Looking to Kaine he held the blue blooded blade up to him, "I think the round is your Warmaster Australis."

Tobias though injured and clearly in pain was unable to make the face of one that could feel pain. His deep groans however, were apparent of the administration of First Aid. He allowed [member="Kaine Australis"] to clean and repair the damage that was done through the combat they had just gone through.

Laughing a little, "I am merely a Representative of the People Master Kaine, I can promise that our soldiers are stronger then our senators that is for sure."

Another deep moan as the bacta patch was slapped on and he was helped up to meet the Warmaster in an honorable fashion.

"I was trained by Alor Jaster of Clan Awaud, I could not fight any other way then with honor intact," He pressed the bandage down to feel the pain and make sure no blood was leaking, "Now that we spoke the warriors language do you think we can have a tankard of Tihaar and speak of how we could help one another?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom