Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insert Play On words---RMIA/IFW contract

Ardgal's bulk freighter pulled out of space into Rothan Space. The planet loomed before them like a jewel in the null of space. The general had made a bulk purchase for massive war machinery after his fortune in selling off Bastilla Shan's lightsaber. The auction had gone better than than he anticipated and here he was to help make use of this and set up a contract for his new Light Calvary units.

His rented ship pulled into the orbital ring and came to rest on its landing props with a low whine. He sighed and added "A respectable ship" to his list of things to buy for the Raxis Mercenary And Independent Arms. However, he could cross heavy artillery off the list--for now. That was a plus.

His troops began to load their new toys onto the ship as Ardgal strolled down to meet the esteemed [member="Joran Greth"].

Greth stood at the rear of the boarding lobby and watched the bulk freighter dock through the glassteel windows. The boarding umbilicus extended out and sealed against the hull of the freighter and a waft of air rushed out of the gantry way as the pressure doors opened. The crew of the ship moved with trained precision and began to move the cargo aboard the ship while passengers moved down the gantry and into the lobby. The man Greth knew as General Raxis walked down the ramp and into the lobby. As he neared Greth force himself to smile. He had been told h should seem pleasant to customers. Pleasant was not something he did well maybe the man would perfer a free night at the need want. who knows, he was told by his advisors not to offer, yet IF he had arrived on a new world he himself would want to sample the local stock. Yet here he was putting on a smile and attempting to be nice to the customer.

"Welcome to Rothana General. I have the items you requested. As a bonus for your prompt payment, I have included an additional squad of 4 AT-FSW walkers. I believe you also wanted to discuss a more permanent supply of the attack speeders."

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Ardgal gave a genuinely pleased smile. There were few things that could catch him off guard--few things that he couldn't account for ahead of time, but that was one of them. He chuckled, ever the gentleman replying, "That is very generous of you good, sir. On behalf of my men, I thank you for your gift."

He tucked one hand behind his back, a habit he had picked up from his predecessor, Ordo. The man had as much of an influence over Ardgal as his own father, in so many ways he was like Ardgal's second father in ways after the man had passed on. Yes, the warrior had been full grown at that point but he still had so much learning left to do. Ordo had been there to help fill the gap, to make him into the man he was today.

"Yes, of course. As you may know, I am the general of a private mercenary and security force called Raxis Mercenaries and Independent Arms," he began, "We currently are based out of Rodia however, my plans are much bigger than just to fight wars for others. I intend to build armies for people and for that--I believe your attack speeders would be perfect for light cavalry units."

[member="Joran Greth"]

Greth nodded at the mans statement about providing armies and his organization. Joran was well aware of the man's group and what they did. He would have never done business with the man without an extensive background check. He had been tracking the Raxis Empire and any organization involved with the clan since its move to the outer rim south. He was spending a small fortune on private intelligence agents and mercenary spies keeping track of everything happening within fifty parsecs of Rothanna.

"Mister Raxis, I assure you my products will meet your expectations. The speeders are a solid build and powerful." said Greth knowing his words were true. The speeders had been extensively tested on the surface of Rothana for cold weather operations and had even been sent with an engineering team to Tatooine for desert operation testing. It was among the finest assault speeders in the galaxy.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Ardgal offered a pleasant smile back. He knew that some salesmen and designers were prone to take too much pride in their work--however he too had done his research. The man's assessment was correct. These were the finest attack speeders on the market. Ardgal didn't settle for second rate. He was an exemplary leader with exemplary soldiers who needed exemplary weaponry. That was a lot to exemplify. That wasn't really important. What was important was these were good speeders and Ardgal was good with that.

"I am qspeeders uite confident in your design, sir." the general agreed. "Payment is the subject I had in mind. Will you be offering a bulk discount on payments in credits for their creation and purchase or would you prefer an in-kind payment; soldiers for speeders?"

Of course there was always a combination if the capitalist prefered both but that was something Ardgal was sure he counted for granted.

[member="Joran Greth"]

Greth contemplated the man's offer for a moment. While he could use soldiers for security on the massive orbital shipyard ring the issue that weighed on him the most was financing the rings reconstruction and refurbishment. He had achieved a contract with Aurora Industries for financing and that money was enough to finance the endeavour but it was finite and the credits needed to get construction underway on some of the larger products planned by the IFW would need starting funding.

"I believe I will take payment in credits for this transaction, But i can give you a fifteen percent discount on the price since you have ordered in such mass. I hope this is acceptable." said Greth watching the man to gauge his response.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Fifteen percent didn't sound like a lot to some. But for Ardgal, he could see the benefits in bulk. Besides his personal army he had a mind to train other light calvary units as his own were; same training. Same tactics. Same gear unless the employers decided to equip them with something fancy. Something to their own national requirements.

"It's a fair discount price," Ardgal agreed. "But perhaps I could persuade you to 20 percent?"

It wasn't for his own sake or greediness but the 400 men and women with their families who looked to him to provide work and food--plus arms and armor.

[member="Joran Greth"]

Greth considered the man's request. twenty percent was alot of credits when it came to business. His overhead was considerably more than twenty percent with a majority of his factories now utilizing droid labor. Still the order the Mandalorian was suggesting would create a mass inflow of credits. He could easly do twenty percent and call it a day, but Trade was trade and he knew haggling was expected on his part. He imagined the man even enjoyed the art of THE Deal.

"I can go as high as eighteen percent, My current needs require me to gather as much income as possible for a new project." said Greth thinking about said project. The Chiss had been busy working on something that Lash had yet to fully bring Greth in on. The Chiss were secretive but Lash had assured him that what they were working on would be, in his words, ambitious. He was not sure what the blue skinned man meant but he had seen his work and knew that if the Chiss used words outside the standard then the project would be something to behold.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Ah, the haggle. Ardgal hadn't even realized that they had entered this portion of the business meeting. Ordo had always made it look so seamless and easy. Those were some massive shoes to fill. He wanted nothing more than to make his men proud by more than living up to them and ushering in a new age of prosperity for his family.

Well, this was where it was. Eighteen was in the middle, fair and equitable just like he liked it. He was a man of rules, order, and fairness, with little else really mattering much to him. He smiled and offered his hand, "You are a fair man, Sir, I am glad to do business with you, if you don't mind I will make a few modifications to the contract we have here, saying the same."

The general pulled his datapad out and altered a few details; just numbers and percentages that sort of thing. Its contents were basically exactly what they had just said, but with more "legalese." Satisfied, he signed his part on the dotted line here, here, here, here here.... and here. He offered the digital pen-thingy and datapad to Joran with a smile, "If you wouldn't mind signing on the lines, good sir, we can be in business."

[member="Joran Greth"]

Greth unclenched his hands from the small of his back and grabbed the data pad the man had offered him. He read over the text first to make sure nothing had been added or taken out which might effect The Imperium and its profits. After he was certain the text was legitimate and not flawed in any way he signed the fields which the man had indicated and handed the pad back to him. He waited for the man to take the pad from him then nodded tot he man and spoke.

"It has been a pleasure mister Raxis. I hope to see you again soon. Next time you will be my guest on the surface. Partake of the many distraction Rythan city has to offer and we can do business over dinner. Until them I bid you good travels." said Joran as he turned and walked away out of the room. He had other duties which tasked his schedule. The Imperium was still a powder keg waiting to explode. He had to see an end to the former Governor and his regime and stabilize the world before it was beyond his ability to save.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom